Author Topic: Help Request: Rewards Transfer to SP  (Read 1889 times)

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Help Request: Rewards Transfer to SP
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »
At the suggestion of an active member, I'm posting the following request for assistance.

My wife and I are looking forward to taking our honeymoon this summer and would like to transfer our Chase Ultimate Reward points into CO miles.

Unfortunately we have the Sapphire (non-preferred) card.

Wondering if anyone would be so kind as to accept a transfer and then pass along to our CO account.

Would be grateful and indebted.

Thanks!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Help Request: Rewards Transfer to SP
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
One of you can't apply for the Preferred version?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
Hey Dan,

Called yesterday to upgrade to Preferred, CSR told me I needed to wait *one* year. So I applied separately today, as a new customer, using the Dan's referral link (thanks AsherO!) and received the following response:

Instant Decision Approved
Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail.

Sounds like good news to me! The only thing is the wife and I are trying to book tickets now for the summer and wanted to try and lock in some of the good prices we were getting, rather than waiting. So it's not a complete "solve" off the bat.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
Congrats!
Try calling Chase to see if you can get it expedited.  You should be able to see the account online within a couple days and then you'll be able to make the transfer yourself.

In the meantime many airlines allow you to hold award tickets for 3 or 5 days.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »
Hey Dan,

Called yesterday to upgrade to Preferred, CSR told me I needed to wait *one* year. So I applied separately today, as a new customer, using the Dan's referral link (thanks AsherO!) and received the following response:

Sounds like good news to me! The only thing is the wife and I are trying to book tickets now for the summer and wanted to try and lock in some of the good prices we were getting, rather than waiting. So it's not a complete "solve" off the bat.

Congrats on your approval! Did you try calling Chase and asking if they can expedite/overnight your cards? Can you ask them if they can link your new SP account with your existing account (so you can transfer the points to SP for transfer to miles, not sure you want to tell them that part though)?

Congrats!
Try calling Chase to see if you can get it expedited.  You should be able to see the account online within a couple days and then you'll be able to make the transfer yourself.

LOL, we just said the same thing :)

I was considering the holding awards point, but figured that might be a problem if he holds the tix and then doesn't get the CO miles in time.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
Congrats!

In the meantime many airlines allow you to hold award tickets for 3 or 5 days.

Thanks guys! Will try Chase this afternoon, had thought I might be able to get some of the account info shortly. As for holding tickets, can I do that in the absence of having those miles against the tickets? That would be great!

As an aside, is there a thread I can reference regarding the forum's philosophy on holding existing cards? For example, I have the Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire cards. The Freedom is now dormant since I'm using the Sapphire. Now I'm about to receive the SP. Should I close the other two? Or is it best to just leave them open but not charge against them?

Thanks!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 06:30:13 PM »
Thanks guys! Will try Chase this afternoon, had thought I might be able to get some of the account info shortly. As for holding tickets, can I do that in the absence of having those miles against the tickets? That would be great!

With CO you don't need to have the miles in your account to hold the awards.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)