Author Topic: flying to peru today any ideas for getting extra perks?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
flying to peru today any ideas for getting extra perks?
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
i'm flying to peru today from B.A, i have been following this site and others trying to get a status that would let me into lounges free, yet alas i found none,.. (missed the bmi gold..)

i wanted to know if there are any trials, or things i can sign up that will get me into a lounge free or super cheap.
the one credit card i managed to get was the amex premier gold, and although i'll definetly try to get in, to the amex centurion lounge with it, officially only s.america gold cards (or u.s platinum/centurion) can get you in..

so i'm looking for any ideas out there that i can get done for tonight or even just for the way back, or my next flight back to n.y at the end of the year?

all ideas thanks in advance!
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: flying to peru today any ideas for getting extra perks?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »
i'm flying to peru today from B.A, i have been following this site and others trying to get a status that would let me into lounges free, yet alas i found none,.. (missed the bmi gold..)

i wanted to know if there are any trials, or things i can sign up that will get me into a lounge free or super cheap.
the one credit card i managed to get was the amex premier gold, and although i'll definetly try to get in, to the amex centurion lounge with it, officially only s.america gold cards (or u.s platinum/centurion) can get you in..

so i'm looking for any ideas out there that i can get done for tonight or even just for the way back, or my next flight back to n.y at the end of the year?

all ideas thanks in advance!

I don't know the answer to your question, but what lounges are you trying to enter? What airport are you departing from?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:54:58 AM »
well originally i thought i was departing from EZE, but i ended up leaving from AEP a crappy little airport.. and i was told there were no lounges there anyway..

it was one of those ultra cheap twenty stop tockets..
started in AEP got free "comfort seat" - translates as "first row of economy seat" on TAM airlines, connected in paragauy to bolivia where i was once again given free comfirt seat "translates as exit row seat" but way more spacious than front row seat.
now i'm sitting at the airport in bolivia enjoying free wifi, for the nexgt 3 hrs.. a taxi driver offered to drive me around for an hour for 15$ us, but the tourist booth here says there's nothing to see or do at 3:00am till 5:00am so i'm just staying in the airport with the 3 other bochurim i'm with..

way back is through sau paulo, and i would love to get into a lounge there..
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline SGF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
which airline are u flying back? which terminal in sao paulo?
dont think there are any lounges in terminal D which is the main international terminal its a old ugly terminal.