Patriots
11 (17.7%)
Do not care
13 (21%)
Cant vote because I am a jets fan!
5 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: February 06, 2012, 12:48:30 AM

Author Topic: Superbowl  (Read 41681 times)

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Superbowl
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »
u live in ohio have you ever heard of Rex Ryan ;) The jets fans Hate the Giants AND the Pats

If you're trying to proove that there is a Jets-Giants rivalry, Rex Ryan adds nothing to it... (unless you're saying he's just a hater ;))

Allow me to clarify, I am sure that New Yorkers as fans feel a hatred towards either the Jets/Giants. That does not translate into an actual rivalry. You must play meaningful games against one another to enter into the discussion of a rivalry.

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
Was this years game not meaningful :o I understand that the jets pats rivalry is bigger but there is def a rivalry between jets and giants. Giant fans do not always hate the jets( personally i dont hate them cuz they are basically irrelevant)but jets fans hate the giants due to jealousy!( Sort of like the way Mets fans hate the yanks but yanks fans do not necessarily hate the mets)

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Superbowl
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »
Was this years game not meaningful :o I understand that the jets pats rivalry is bigger but there is def a rivalry between jets and giants. Giant fans do not always hate the jets( personally i dont hate them cuz they are basically irrelevant)but jets fans hate the giants due to jealousy!( Sort of like the way Mets fans hate the yanks but yanks fans do not necessarily hate the mets)

I'm going to have to agree with YankeeD on this one. There isn't a real rivalry between the giants and jets. Granted each teams fans wants the other team to lose but that's just so you can laugh at your friends. If you were out of town w/o any jets fans would you care what they did?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
Sort of like the way Mets fans hate the yanks but yanks fans do not necessarily hate the mets
everyone hates the yankees not just the mets specifically...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 12:45:13 AM »
I have 2 weddings during the SB. Seriously what are these people thinking?
That you should get a life  ;). I mean seriously whats more important in your life?

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 12:46:03 AM »
So are we DOing it? I'll bring the beer.
And the air freshener? ;)

Btw, which city you talking about?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:54 AM »
And the air freshener? ;)

Btw, which city you talking about?
ROFL! I am talking about CH or general NYC area. I assume AsherO is also if he is serious...

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 01:21:42 AM »
ROFL! I am talking about CH or general NYC area. I assume AsherO is also if he is serious...
Being that you shop at Benzys, I trust the beer will be good...

But who has a TV in CH? ;)

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:33 AM »

But who has a TV in CH? ;)
don't need a TV. It's gonna be streaming live on nbcsports.com

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »
don't need a TV. It's gonna be streaming live on nbcsports.com
part of the reason they are doing that is because they know watching it on a computer doesn't compare to a TV. Either way I can't host but I could probably get a projector if someone only has a computer...

Someone has a good memory. I also started the beer thread. not that I am a expert or anything.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:26:04 AM by jj1000 »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »
So are we DOing it? I'll bring the beer.

Just tell me where :)

My Mom was planning my wedding and she was casually throwing around first sunday in Feb I told her Enjoy the wedding and let me know how it was Because I aint coming!

Don't let your kallah/wife hear you say that...

I was serious, even though I don't give a rats @$$ for football, or any sports for that matter.

100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 10:13:57 AM »
I was serious, even though I don't give a rats @$$ for football, or any sports for that matter.
I knew there wasn't something right about you!

j/k
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »
I knew there wasn't something right about you!

j/k

Just like"there isn't something right" with your grammar? :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »
Just like"there isn't something right" with your grammar? :P
If improving my grammar would help me get better offers I would work on it. No one seems to complain about my grammar when answering there PM’s.  ;)
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »
If improving my grammar would help me get better offers I would work on it. No one seems to complain about my grammar when answering there PM’s.  ;)

I think you mean their :P

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »

Don't let your kallah/wife hear you say that...
I was more concerned with having other people show up!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
I was more concerned with having other people show up!
Went to a wedding during the ravens/pats and giants/49ers games in baltimore.  Half the crowd was at the hotel bar the entire time...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »
You must play meaningful games against one another to enter into the discussion of a rivalry.

Totally disagree. There are really 3 components to rivalry.

The first is that the teams are competing closely with each other for some goal or other. Everyone is out to win the SB, or any sports' championship. But there's an added level of gunning for a division/conference/league title, or even 2 teams that are frequently in direct competition for a wild card as the season winds down. This aspect of competition becomes more intense if the 2 teams get to play each other because a win means twice as much  - it helps you and hurts your competition.

The second is that the teams are both relevant in the race for the given goal. It's hard to say that 2 teams in a division are rivals if one is projected to be 14-2 and the other 2-14.

The third is that the teams have satisfied the first 2 requirements often, especially in recent history.

The point of all this is that 2 teams in the same city, aside for competing for their division/league title etc, are also always competing to be "the team" of that city. This is more true in NYC than anywhere else. The bigger issue is that so often the 2 NY sports teams in a given sport aren't frequently competitive at the same time. So they lack the history aspect. But in a year where they're both in the playoff conversation (like this year) or they play each other (like this year), the rivalry aspect is in full force. And anyone who followed the Jets and Giants in the weeks leading up to their game knows that the teams and their fans felt that way.

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 01:57:21 PM »
Totally disagree. There are really 3 components to rivalry.

The first is that the teams are competing closely with each other for some goal or other. Everyone is out to win the SB, or any sports' championship. But there's an added level of gunning for a division/conference/league title, or even 2 teams that are frequently in direct competition for a wild card as the season winds down. This aspect of competition becomes more intense if the 2 teams get to play each other because a win means twice as much  - it helps you and hurts your competition.

The second is that the teams are both relevant in the race for the given goal. It's hard to say that 2 teams in a division are rivals if one is projected to be 14-2 and the other 2-14.

The third is that the teams have satisfied the first 2 requirements often, especially in recent history.

The point of all this is that 2 teams in the same city, aside for competing for their division/league title etc, are also always competing to be "the team" of that city. This is more true in NYC than anywhere else. The bigger issue is that so often the 2 NY sports teams in a given sport aren't frequently competitive at the same time. So they lack the history aspect. But in a year where they're both in the playoff conversation (like this year) or they play each other (like this year), the rivalry aspect is in full force. And anyone who followed the Jets and Giants in the weeks leading up to their game knows that the teams and their fans felt that way.

so you're saying that the giants-falcons is a rivalry??  :o

granted they competed this year but that doesn't make them a rivalry. a rivalry is actually based on the history aspect which you are disregarding