Topic Wiki

CLICK HERE to see the full T&C for the extended warranty on your specific Amex card. There are over 50 cards listed, not sure how many variations of of the T&C there are.
For Centurion® Members, please see americanexpress.com/CenturionEWTerms. For Business Centurion® Members, please see americanexpress.com/BusinessCenturionEWTerms
« Last edited by WAM on November 26, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Extended Warranty  (Read 244294 times)

Offline medster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Extended Warranty
« Reply #860 on: May 19, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »
The screen cracked on my Microsoft Surface, and it was purchased just over a year ago. Would Amex extended warranty cover this? If so, is there anything specific to say or not say when making the claim? Better to do over the phone or online?
My recent experience with purchase protection has been that a 15 minute phone call to submit the claim took less time than all of the back and forth emailing, calling and sending documents when I submitted the claim online.
My screen cracked on my laptop submitted an extended warranty claim online last week just wrote "touch screen stopped working" sent in my receipt right away got the credit 2 days later  :) (first extended warranty claim)

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 19, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
My screen cracked on my laptop submitted an extended warranty claim online last week just wrote "touch screen stopped working" sent in my receipt right away got the credit 2 days later  :) (first extended warranty claim)
Nice!

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:57 PM »
how much did they reimburse? full price of laptop?
they didnt ask for estimate to repair screen?

Offline medster

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 19, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »
how much did they reimburse? full price of laptop?
they didnt ask for estimate to repair screen?
full price they did not ask for any estimate surprised me too

Offline Aha1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 19, 2016, 07:28:41 PM »

Nice wording, and true in my case. Thank you!

Offline talkitup90

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 19, 2016, 08:26:05 PM »
full price they did not ask for any estimate surprised me too

Lucky you. Rough price of the laptop?

Offline medster

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 19, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »
Lucky you. Rough price of the laptop?

Offline nsastamps

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 17, 2016, 12:11:20 PM »
I bought a Braun shaver with my Costco Amex on june 24th 2014, and it has a 2 year warranty. Does anyone know when is the earliest i can file without them making me use the manufacture warranty? I mention Costco Amex because that card will most likely automatically close once Costco switches over to Citi Visa...

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 17, 2016, 01:01:35 PM »
I bought a Braun shaver with my Costco Amex on june 24th 2014, and it has a 2 year warranty. Does anyone know when is the earliest i can file without them making me use the manufacture warranty? I mention Costco Amex because that card will most likely automatically close once Costco switches over to Citi Visa...
Interesting idea. Iinm card has to be opened. I think it starts after manufacturer warranty expires, ie June 25th. Did u buy it at Costco?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline nsastamps

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 17, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »
Interesting idea. Iinm card has to be opened. I think it starts after manufacturer warranty expires, ie June 25th. Did u buy it at Costco?

No, I bought it at Walmart.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:02:57 PM by nsastamps »

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 23, 2016, 06:30:35 PM »
origional t&c of my laptop's warranty states 1 year, but since the manufacturer repaired it at the end of the year, it got extended another whole year. i am now just past the second year, will amex give me a new year or 2 since i have documentation that it was under warranty untill a month ago (aprrox 2 years since i bought it) or will they go by original t&c?

Offline @jack123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 07, 2016, 08:48:40 AM »
anyone have experience with amex claims in israel?

t&c require US warranty. curious if products bought here, which if their warranty is not limited to Israel, I hope still qualify, but curious if anyone has personal experience either way.

also, are there any cards that have good warranty extension not limited to US warranties?

Offline Ulitkany

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 14, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
Guys, can you advise what would be the right resolution in my situation?
I purchase a new iPhone 6 at Tmobile store on July 14th 2015 with my amex blue credit card for about $700. Today my side button to turn on/off sound stopped switching and Tmobile rep offered me a replacement with a refurbished phone for $20.
I replied that I want to check with Apple directly as I thought I shouldn't co-pay anything, since today is the last day of my manufacture warranty. Also, I was once told by Apple rep, they give you new phones when they replaced the broken one.
Tmobile rep replied that Apple would send me back to Tmobile, since the phone was purchased at Tmobile store.
Anyways, I have 2 questions:
1. Will my Amex extended warranty apply to a new replaced phone? If yes, will my terms stay the same and I'll have another year of coverage?
2. If not, should I just submit a claim to Amex saying my phone started having issues after my original manufacture warranty has expired?

What would be the most officiant way?
Thank you

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 15, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »
Guys, can you advise what would be the right resolution in my situation?
I purchase a new iPhone 6 at Tmobile store on July 14th 2015 with my amex blue credit card for about $700. Today my side button to turn on/off sound stopped switching and Tmobile rep offered me a replacement with a refurbished phone for $20.
I replied that I want to check with Apple directly as I thought I shouldn't co-pay anything, since today is the last day of my manufacture warranty. Also, I was once told by Apple rep, they give you new phones when they replaced the broken one.
Tmobile rep replied that Apple would send me back to Tmobile, since the phone was purchased at Tmobile store.
Anyways, I have 2 questions:
1. Will my Amex extended warranty apply to a new replaced phone? If yes, will my terms stay the same and I'll have another year of coverage?
I don't believe it applies to the replacement...but...will they know it's replaced?
2. If not, should I just submit a claim to Amex saying my phone started having issues after my original manufacture warranty has expired?

What would be the most officiant way?
Thank you
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline theberk

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 20, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »
I was just told that my claim was denied because my card is closed. They said it makes no difference if I have other open cards or not. I recall Dan saying that as long as you have 1 card open you are still OK. Any advice?

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 21, 2016, 08:30:37 PM »
I was just told that my claim was denied because my card is closed. They said it makes no difference if I have other open cards or not. I recall Dan saying that as long as you have 1 card open you are still OK. Any advice?
Go back in time and  dont close your card.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 26, 2016, 12:11:39 AM »
My laptop is causing me major issues after HPs warranty date. I bought it on an SPG or Gold Biz card for the extended warranty. I filed a claim and Amex sent me something that I need to fill out by a computer repair to estimate the dmages. I live in Israel.  (a) Can I get this done in Israel? (b) Is there anyone here who can do this for me as a favor, over email?  thanks

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 26, 2016, 04:11:46 AM »
My laptop is causing me major issues after HPs warranty date. I bought it on an SPG or Gold Biz card for the extended warranty. I filed a claim and Amex sent me something that I need to fill out by a computer repair to estimate the dmages. I live in Israel.  (a) Can I get this done in Israel? (b) Is there anyone here who can do this for me as a favor, over email?  thanks
I have claimed extended warranty from abroad on a similar issue, they told me I should go to a local repair man and get a quote.

Btw they credited me before I even sent the repair quote and never asked for it.

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 26, 2016, 04:13:41 AM »
I have claimed extended warranty from abroad on a similar issue, they told me I should go to a local repair man and get a quote.

Btw they credited me before I even sent the repair quote and never asked for it.
By local, you mean in USA?

I haven't seen any credit and it's been over a month since I filed. Seems like they waiting for a quote.

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 26, 2016, 07:55:45 AM »
By local, you mean in USA?

I haven't seen any credit and it's been over a month since I filed. Seems like they waiting for a quote.
No, a repair quote from overseas.