Topic Wiki

CLICK HERE to see the full T&C for the extended warranty on your specific Amex card. There are over 50 cards listed, not sure how many variations of of the T&C there are.
For Centurion® Members, please see americanexpress.com/CenturionEWTerms. For Business Centurion® Members, please see americanexpress.com/BusinessCenturionEWTerms
« Last edited by WAM on November 26, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Extended Warranty  (Read 147294 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Extended Warranty
« Reply #990 on: September 10, 2019, 02:07:04 PM »
If I buy something on amazon worth $350 and I use 349 dollars worth of points and $1 will I get amex warranty on it? And what if I use just points, because the way it works is it charges you and then makes a deposit on your CC to that amount when you use points?
Apparently I can use the points against the bill, so I can pay the full amount and then credit the same amount of points against the bill and will have all the amex protections. And I'll get 5% back on the purchase. I've been redeeming these points wrong the whole time
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 10, 2019, 09:43:19 PM »
Apparently I can use the points against the bill, so I can pay the full amount and then credit the same amount of points against the bill and will have all the amex protections. And I'll get 5% back on the purchase. I've been redeeming these points wrong the whole time
I assume you talking about the Amez Amazon Biz card. (Not MR points)
Yes, the better value is to redeem points as statement credit as opposed to direct redemption on Amazon as you won't lose the extra 5%

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 10, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
I assume you talking about the Amez Amazon Biz card. (Not MR points)
Yes, the better value is to redeem points as statement credit as opposed to direct redemption on Amazon as you won't lose the extra 5%
Yes. Thank you for confirming this.
I'm not who you think I am.