Topic Wiki

CLICK HERE to see the full T&C for the extended warranty on your specific Amex card. There are over 50 cards listed, not sure how many variations of of the T&C there are.
For Centurion® Members, please see americanexpress.com/CenturionEWTerms. For Business Centurion® Members, please see americanexpress.com/BusinessCenturionEWTerms
« Last edited by WAM on November 26, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Extended Warranty  (Read 244251 times)

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Extended Warranty
« Reply #1020 on: December 20, 2020, 07:26:01 PM »
does amex cover an item that was damaged by dropping?
You mean accidentally dropping the item? Yes that’s covered

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1021 on: December 20, 2020, 07:43:43 PM »
You mean accidentally dropping the item? Yes that’s covered
Yes, thanks!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 18, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »
While moving my Dell U2419HX monitor that I bought from Staples in November I damaged the screen. I was pretty surprised that such a light hit caused damage but whatever. Will the Dell warranty cover the damage? Will Amex? I bought the item on sale for about $140 but the regular/current price is about $200. I assume that if covered, Dell would replace but Amex will only cover $140, is that correct? Thanks.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 18, 2021, 10:14:45 AM »
While moving my Dell U2419HX monitor that I bought from Staples in November I damaged the screen. I was pretty surprised that such a light hit caused damage but whatever. Will the Dell warranty cover the damage? Will Amex? I bought the item on sale for about $140 but the regular/current price is about $200. I assume that if covered, Dell would replace but Amex will only cover $140, is that correct? Thanks.
Sounds about right
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 18, 2021, 04:17:55 PM »
Will Dell's warranty cover me?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 18, 2021, 11:52:57 PM »
Will Dell's warranty cover me?
Officially not. But you can call them. I've had them approve RMAs in such cases before.

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 25, 2021, 03:18:54 PM »
While moving my Dell U2419HX monitor that I bought from Staples in November I damaged the screen. I was pretty surprised that such a light hit caused damage but whatever. Will the Dell warranty cover the damage? Will Amex?  Thanks.

I realize this is a fairly old post but for posterity I will answer anyways: this wouldn't qualify for amex extended warranty, but it very likely would qualify for amex purchase protection

Online shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 22, 2022, 08:24:54 PM »
Did not know Everyday card doesn't have warranty.
 Bought item while it was preferred, but since downgraded and amex denied.

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 22, 2022, 10:00:02 PM »
Did not know Everyday card doesn't have warranty.
 Bought item while it was preferred, but since downgraded and amex denied.
You can call them and let them know it was preferred card at the time of purchase and they might approve. Did that once with a baggage claim on a platinum card that had since been downgraded. And got approved.

Online shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 22, 2022, 11:01:34 PM »
Thanks will try

Online shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 07, 2022, 07:26:48 PM »
You can call them and let them know it was preferred card at the time of purchase and they might approve. Did that once with a baggage claim on a platinum card that had since been downgraded. And got approved.

It worked! Thanks

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 07, 2022, 01:50:57 PM »
I have a hard drive which broke, and I got a quote over the phone by a professional data recovery shop for >$1500. I didn't need to data, so I elected not to go with the repair.

Can I use this quote for the "Repair Estimate form"? It requires a signature and since I'm not using the repair shop I don't feel comfortable asking them to sign the form...

Online shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 07, 2022, 01:58:12 PM »
I don't think it will be accepted, since it's just your word that's what they said. At the very least, I'd submit a written estimate, if not the document amex asks for.
You can offer to pay them something since amex writes they will reimburse those fees.

Online shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 07, 2022, 01:59:33 PM »
Sometimes amex can be very tough on this coverage, I once went back and forth many times till they agreed.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 07, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »
Thanks

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: June 11, 2022, 05:23:11 PM »
I have a hard drive which broke, and I got a quote over the phone by a professional data recovery shop for >$1500. I didn't need to data, so I elected not to go with the repair.

Can I use this quote for the "Repair Estimate form"? It requires a signature and since I'm not using the repair shop I don't feel comfortable asking them to sign the form...

Why not? Takes the repair shop 5 seconds to sign it. You don't need to lie or be shady about it, just say "thanks for providing this repair estimate, I realized I may have warranty coverage from my credit card company, would you please do me a quick favor and sign this estimate for me so I can submit it to them?"

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2022, 06:23:23 PM »
So...I bought my laptop in 9/2019. Wifi started glitching out in 8/2021 - so about a month before AMEX's extended warranty came to an end. I didn't have a chance to submit to them until 11/2021, but they said it was fine, since the loss had occurred while coverage was still active.

Then things dragged on - they said it needs to be an authorized Dell repair shop, I asked if Best Buy would work, they said yes...til I got around to going, that was a while, Best Buy said they couldn't do anything since I didn't buy it there. I asked Dell if they could recommend an authorized repair shop, they said no. At that point, AMEX said I could go to any local repair shop. I finally got a local guy to check it out and fill out the forms...submitted it.

There's supposed to be a response within 21 days - once that was over, they sent me an email saying they're still reviewing. When I called to follow up, first they said they couldn't find the purchase on my card (they were looking on the wrong date even though I had told them and submitted the correct date), the next time I called they said I had left off a couple of responses in my form (they were right about that, but not sure why it took them a month). Still dragging on. I called, they said still reviewing, I asked to speak to a supervisor, they said no because they'll have a response within a few days.

A few days later, they denied it because I reported it outside the coverage period.

I called them back, they said nothing they can do. I asked to speak a supervisor, they said one will call me back in "24-48 business hours." Correct - so that's 3-6 business days.

Still waiting for that callback, it's been 3 days.

Any suggestions?

Online shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2022, 06:32:09 PM »
It sounds like the first rep who told you they would cover it was wrong, they wouldn't. If you have some proof of that, or if they can go back to the recording then you may win the case.

Or you can argue why did they keep discussing it with you if they were going to deny anyway since it's out of warranty period. That's a sort of proof that they agreed to cover.

Offline Aps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 01, 2022, 05:33:02 PM »
If the item I bought is $80 full price on amazon. On sale for $50 when I  bought it and also got %20 off bec of the amex amazon points offer- so I only paid $40 actually.
Any way I'll get back more then the $40 from Amex

Offline FlyingBoat

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 27, 2022, 06:37:35 PM »
Anyone with experience on extended warranty on an eBike or eScooter?

I was thinking it would be covered due to what I recalled on Return Protection which states:
21. motorized vehicles (including, but not limited to, cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and airplanes), their parts and
accessories (e.g. car battery) as well as those parts and accessories intended for use with the motorized
vehicles (e.g. a trailer or audio or visual components);

Note that I have recently received Ret Prot for ebikes. Though I thought the stipulation used to say something about Gas powered items, so maybe now that has changed?

When I look at Extended Warranty it used to state something similar prior to 12/31/2019.
But now it states as not covered:
8. Motorized Devices or Motorized Device Parts, except for Motorized Devices and
Motorized Device Parts that are permanent residential or business fixtures that can
be removed without damaging the structure;

Prior to 12/19 it said:
motorized vehicles (including, but not limited to, passenger cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, airplanes)
and their parts, subject to high risk, combustion, wear and tear or mileage stipulations (including, but not
limited to, batteries, carburetors, pipes, hoses, pistons, brakes, tires, mufflers);
5. motorized devices and their parts used for agriculture, landscaping, demolition or construction;
6. motorized devices and their parts which are permanent additions or fixtures to a resident

So I am thinking now they would be excluding eBikes/Scooters