Author Topic: Please Sign My Petition :)  (Read 11324 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Please Sign My Petition :)
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2022, 04:00:12 PM »
Because the mayor has no power. It is a ceremonial position.
Actually, he has more power than people think. He decides what gets prioritized when items on the agenda are potentially coming up for a vote.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2022, 08:28:28 PM »
Actually, he has more power than people think. He decides what gets prioritized when items on the agenda are potentially coming up for a vote.
+100

Even more than that. He can kill any agenda item. The reason why Akerman was not appointed mayor since 2015 is because he single-handedly killed some reckless building from the agenda.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2022, 08:30:25 PM »
My self-esteem is wounded. I made a petition, posted it on a forum I thought cared about me, and ZERO people clicked "sign petition" since I posted it this morning.

Is there a thread where I can mope?

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2022, 08:32:04 PM »
My self-esteem is wounded. I made a petition, posted it on a forum I thought cared about me, and ZERO people clicked "sign petition" since I posted it this morning.

Is there a thread where I can mope?
Wait, we were supposed to sign for you?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2022, 08:50:19 PM »
Wait, we were supposed to sign for you?
As Dan often says: "Read the Post [title]!"

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Please Petition to SAVE a LIFE !
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2024, 08:32:21 PM »
not sure where else to post this, but if you can help spread could literally save a life!
https://twitter.com/pinidunner/status/1747019655519310148

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2024, 09:13:49 PM »
not sure where else to post this, but if you can help spread could literally save a life!
https://twitter.com/pinidunner/status/1747019655519310148
I can't open the tweet. If there is a link to a petition, could you post it separately? Thank you.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2024, 09:29:26 PM »
I can't open the tweet. If there is a link to a petition, could you post it separately? Thank you.
“PLEASE READ THIS TWEET UNTIL THE END... 7-year-old Josh Hardy was dying in the ICU. He was suffering from renal failure and was not expected to last more than a few days. His only hope was an experimental drug called Brincidofovir, but the patent holder #Chimerix Inc. refused to supply it.

A social media firestorm with the tag #SaveJosh forced the company to retract. Amazingly, shortly after taking the drug, Josh recovered enough to go home.

That was in 2014 - but now @Chimerix is at it again!

Moshe is a rabbi, a teacher, a loving husband, and the father of 5 children. Moshe also has GBM - a virulent brain tumor for which there is no known cure. For the past 4 months, Moshe has been prescribed cancer trial drugs ONC 201 and ONC206, which are approved for compassionate use under the FDA expanded access and right-to-try programs, and are possibly the only effective treatment for this disease.

@Chimerix recently acquired the rights to these drugs and is now restricting their availability. Moshe and many others like him are banned from receiving this critical treatment - because their cancer mutation is not currently being studied by the company! Isn't that crazy?

Even worse than that - Chimerix has taken legal action to prevent Moshe and others from accessing the drug.

As we all know, what drug companies hate most of all is social media campaigns that put a human face on an otherwise calculated business decision.

So... write to Chimerix - and to their investors RA Capital Management, Vanguard Group, and Monaco Asset Management.

Full disclosure: I have a personal interest here - because Moshe is my first cousin. And I am today officially launching the #SaveMoshe campaign. I want to save Moshe's life. Please help me!

But it's not about just about him. No person - no one! - should die because of boardroom indifference.

GBM is an aggressive disease and every minute counts. Chimerix should not be allowed to continue withholding essential treatment from my cousin, and from hundreds of others like him! Act now! You could save my cousin's life!

@Vanguard_Group @PeterKolchinsky @katie_thomas @LauraMclinn @GoldwaterInst @KIDSvCANCER”

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile