Author Topic: Messianism among Lubavitch  (Read 144897 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8015
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #1290 on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »
Who here denied that there are lunatics on the fringe? Especially in Tzfas and the guys they send to CH.

Are there no lunatics in Satmar or Breslov?
I've a few litvish friends who love mussar and said they would happily commit suicide right now if they knew they would get into gan Eden after. That's a bit loony to me too.  But it's just an offshoot of musar right?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1291 on: July 27, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »
Who here denied that there are lunatics on the fringe? Especially in Tzfas and the guys they send to CH.

Are there no lunatics in Satmar or Breslov?
The differences between their lunacies are night and day very literally.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 27, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »
Esspecially after the fact.

One of my rebbeim who generally gave great mussar schmoozes decided that the holocaust happened because Europe Jewry were all going off the derech and haskala was infiltrating every yeshiva. Old style shtetl Judaism wasn't going to survive. And look everyone came to America and now we have so many frum people. That's why hashem did it.

And I thought he was crazy. But hey maybe he'd right no one can prove him wrong after the fact. He thinks it was the greatest thing in other words.
The meshech chachma wrote it before the holocaust. Rav Shach saw it before it happened.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #1293 on: July 27, 2017, 08:48:00 AM »
How is a nutjob NK night and day from a Chabad nutjob?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »
How is a nutjob NK night and day from a Chabad nutjob?
You don't see the vast difference between NK and these guys on the video the way it is being described here?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #1295 on: July 27, 2017, 08:54:33 AM »
Who are these guys on the video??
They're clearly not Lubavitchers.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1296 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »
The meshech chachma wrote it before the holocaust. Rav Shach saw it before it happened.
Can we agree not to start a Rav Shach debate now? I think it was also done in part at least up thread.

I hope you see my point. here:
The biggest cause of Jews going away from Judaism was the creation of Judaism. If Abraham never accepted Hashem and the Jews never accepted the Torah there wouldn't be so many people off the derech now.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 27, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »
Who are these guys on the video??
They're clearly not Lubavitchers.
No true Scotsman? How so?

You didn't answer about seeing a difference.

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 27, 2017, 09:01:48 AM »

I wouldn't go so far as to say they were directly led astray, .

As a non chabadsker, you should please properly study the Torah, the directives, and the actions of the leadership. - I doubt you have properly done this. - an unbiased person would objectively see the truth. - there are hundreds of strange and suspect sayings, actions that directly caused the confusion.etc etc. Etc.

I would guess that your familiarity of chabad world view is limited to what you heard from the opposition.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 27, 2017, 09:03:53 AM »

As a non chabadsker, you should please properly study the Torah, the directives, and the actions of the leadership. - I doubt you have properly done this. - an unbiased person would objectively see the truth. - there are hundreds of strange and suspect sayings, actions that directly caused the confusion.etc etc. Etc.

I would guess that your familiarity of chabad world view is limited to what you heard from the opposition.
An unbiased person would objectively see the truth.

Hear hear.

I doubt you have properly done this.

Hear hear.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 27, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
No true Scotsman? How so?

You didn't answer about seeing a difference.
I didn't watch the video at length, but are these guys discussing what's wrong with Chasidus by twisting what the tzemach tzedek wrote or are they actually believing that?

If they actually believe that then it's shocking that they don't have untouched beards, which is a basic requirement to be a Chabad chosid.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 27, 2017, 09:05:02 AM »
I didn't watch the video at length, but are these guys discussing what's wrong with Chasidus by twisting what the tzemach tzedek wrote or are they actually believing that?

If they actually believe that then it's a but shocking they don't have untouched beards, which is a basic requirement to be a Chabad chosid.
And likely a diorisah according to the tzemach tzedek iirc

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 27, 2017, 09:06:11 AM »
And likely a diorisah according to the tzemach tzedek iirc
And if you believe the TT was some sort of flesh and blood Gd (C"V) how much more so should they listen to his edicts  ;D

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:13 AM »
You don't see the vast difference between NK and these guys on the video the way it is being described here?

Also, NK isn't satmer.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:58 AM »
And if you believe the TT was some sort of flesh and blood Gd (C"V) how much more so should they listen to his edicts  ;D

TT is good, but I think he's overpaid at $16m a year  ;D ;D ;D