Author Topic: Messianism among Lubavitch  (Read 369442 times)

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #520 on: January 15, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »
How egotistical one must be, to presume they know the thoughts of an entire sect.
Newsflash: Nobody thinks that only he can be moshiach or that he must be moshiach to the exclusion of anyone else.  100% of lubavitchers would accept anyone revealed to be moshiach as I've said many times.
that's a flat out lie. I've spoken to many lubavitchers who believe tht only he can be moshiach. And gave me the bechezkas moshiach BS, saying he was lochem milchamos, and screwing up a Rambam, stop lying.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #521 on: January 15, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »
that's a flat out lie. I've spoken to many lubavitchers who believe tht only he can be moshiach. And gave me the bechezkas moshiach BS, saying he was lochem milchamos, and screwing up a Rambam, stop lying.
Those are the wackos, that's not mainstream thought.  Find me a non-Israeli shliach that says that.
Or better yet ask those people what would happen if someone else was revealed to be moshiach.

But nice way to castigate hundreds of thousands of fellow jews without even a thought of being dan l'kaf zchus.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 15, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »
Those are the wackos, that's not mainstream thought.  Find me a non-Israeli shliach that says that.
Or better yet ask those people what would happen if someone else was revealed to be moshiach.
The whole Chabad believed he was moshiach when the rebbe was alive, with the cheshbon that the 7th chabadsker rebbe is moshiach, and he's the nasi hador. Lately it's kept inside the heart. I think that's an egotistical sect. I'm sorry. It doesn't make you egotisitcal, I have nothing against you, it makes your sect's ideology egotistical.

Do you mind that I'm telling you my true feelings, I could hold back my real feelings, like i've been doing till now on this thread, and many others are still doing, and i may start doing again.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #523 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »
  Find me a non-Israeli shliach that says that.

Are there more Israelis that think like that?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 15, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »

But nice way to castigate hundreds of thousands of fellow jews without even a thought of being dan l'kaf zchus.
I walked around Crown heights when i was young, about 15 years ago, shmoozing with tens and tens of people, walking into dozens of random sukkahs, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON TOLD ME THIS!!! Stop with your revisionist history. You couldn't find a chabadske in the NY or Israel that didn't say these things, I've shmoozed with enough lubavitchers to know that it wasn't just a minority.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »
I walkes around Crown heights when i was young, about 15 years ago, shmoozing with tens and tens of people, walking into dozens of random sukkahs, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON TOLD ME THIS!!! Stop with your revisionist history.

Even if that's true, and it very well might be,  if you're not educated enough on the topic I think you may be better off listening than ranting. You're trying to convince a bunch of Chabadniks of what they believe when they are sitting here telling you the opposite.

I've met plenty of people who also were over obsessed with the Rebbe and also believed he was Moshiach.  And I still know enough to know that that is not the basis of Chabad. And there are PLENTY who don't think like that at all.

It seems like you're so set on believing what you want to believe so you can hold on to your "disgust" and feelings toward Chabad etc.

I won't deny there are Chabad wackos but why focus on them?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:29:38 PM by sky121 »

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 15, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
Even if that's true, and it very well might be,  if you're not educated enough on the topic I think you may be better off listening than ranting. You're trying to convince a bunch of Chabadniks of what they believe when they are sitting here telling you the opposite.

I've met plenty of people who also were over obsessed with the Rebbe and also believed he was Moshiach.  And I still know enough to know that that is not the basis of Chabad. And there are PLENTY who don't think like that at all.
when they are sitting here and spinning the opposite. FTFY. It's not true, it's backtracking, thats all it is.

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #527 on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:16 PM »
How egotistical does a sect have to be, to think that only their Rebbe can be Moshiach, and if their Rebbe has no son, then he must be moshiach.

#juststatingtheobvious

It's actually a Gemara (cannot remember where but if soooo imp. PM me and ill find out)

Gemara goes Something like this:
Rabbi x's students believed he was moahiach and rabbi y's students believed he was moahiach.
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »

It seems like you're so set on believing what you want to believe so you can hold on to your "disgust" and feelings toward Chabad etc.

I won't dent there are Chabad wackos but why focus on them?
I don't have a disgust for chabad. I am moche bechol hatokef, that's simply untrue.

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 15, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
hold back my real feelings,  start doing that again.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 15, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »
It's actually a Gemara (cannot remember where but if soooo imp. PM me and ill find out)

Gemara goes Something like this:
Rabbi x's students believed he was moahiach and rabbi y's students believed he was moahiach.
not because they believed that the 7th rosh yeshiva of their yeshiva had to be moshiach. There's a big difference.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:26 PM »
hold back my real feelings,  start doing that again.

maybe i should. but i just had enough of all the spin.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:29 PM »
This thread just reminds me why Mashiach isn't here yet.

All the judging, the hate. The lack of feeling connected as one nation.
And most importantly the ignorance every sect has for one another.
:-\

The lack of proper attitude of wanting to learn and understand and respect each other.

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
not because they believed that the 7th rosh yeshiva of their yeshiva had to be moshiach. There's a big difference.
Your point??

It's not based on that. It's based on the rebbe of each person being qualified for the position.

The 7th is not connected to this point specifically.

So now please answer the question (that I didn't state explicitly).

You stated that believing your rebbe is moahiach is egotistical. You're being proven wrong by a clear Gemara. Do you retract your statement or not, and why?

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 15, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
Your point??

It's not based on that. It's based on the rebbe of each person being qualified for the position.

The 7th is not connected to this point specifically.

So now please answer the question (that I didn't state explicitly).

You stated that believing your rebbe is moahiach is egotistical. You're being proven wrong by a clear Gemara. Do you retract your statement or not, and why?
Believing that your rebbe is moshiach because he's your rebbe is egotistical, believing your rebbe happens to be moshiach is not egotistical.

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 15, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »
Believing that your rebbe is moshiach because he's your rebbe is egotistical, believing your rebbe happens to be moshiach is not egotistical.

I explained that each ones rebbe was qualified. So are you saying that the Lubavitcher Rebbe wasn't qualified or are you saying that were not egotistical?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 15, 2013, 09:41:29 PM »
I feel like when you delve deep down most of this has little to do with Religion and beliefs and more to do with ignorance and the hard time people have accepting anything that is different from what they know or how they were raised or what they were taught.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »
I walked around Crown heights when i was young, about 15 years ago, shmoozing with tens and tens of people, walking into dozens of random sukkahs, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON TOLD ME THIS!!! Stop with your revisionist history. You couldn't find a chabadske in the NY or Israel that didn't say these things, I've shmoozed with enough lubavitchers to know that it wasn't just a minority.
I've been in chabad yeshivos for 8 years, including both mishichist and anti-meshichist yeshivas.
Not once did I hear this business you're saying that the Rebbe had to be moshiach from any teachers or friends. Not once.
Maybe before Gimmel Tamuz, but not now. Except by the wackos who are a tiny minority.

I'm not denying that we'd love to have the Rebbe as moshiach, but that he has to be moshiach?
You are dead wrong.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »
This thread just reminds me why Mashiach isn't here yet.

All the judging, the hate. The lack of feeling connected as one nation.
And most importantly the ignorance every sect has for one another.
:-\

The lack of proper attitude of wanting to learn and understand and respect each other.

I feel like when you delve deep down most of this has little to do with Religion and beliefs and more to do with ignorance and the hard time people have accepting anything that is different from what they know or how they were raised or what they were taught.

Like! This whole thread has doubtfully changed one persons opinion on either side.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »
Like! This whole thread has doubtfully changed one persons opinion on either side.
Can be it did, just Maybe for the worse...
Poll time? :)