Author Topic: Messianism among Lubavitch  (Read 369530 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #560 on: January 15, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »
hes the rav hamachshir there, I know many missnagdim that eat there, go figure
I fail to see how being even from the extreme mishichist camp would affect your kashrus.  Deluded, yes.  But it ain't kfira al pi halacha.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 15, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »
I fail to see how being even from the extreme mishichist camp would affect your kashrus.  Deluded, yes.  But it ain't kfira al pi halacha.
Maybe not, but trustworthy? Would you invest 20k with the guy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #562 on: January 15, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »
Maybe not, but trustworthy? Would you invest 20k with the guy
For the right investment? Being a mishichist wouldn't stop me.  Often they're better jews than I am, they're just misguided IMHO.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #563 on: January 15, 2013, 10:56:06 PM »
For the right investment? Being a mishichist wouldn't stop me.  Often they're better jews than I am, they're just misguided IMHO.
Dan you invest with goyim? You know they don't believe the same things you do are you crazy??? How can you trust someone who doesn't share your beliefs?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 15, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
I guess im biased, I see a touch of evil in the whole thing. Its just so foreign to everything I believe. the whole thing is weird to me, who led them astray, why, so many questions....
At least you try to be rational.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #565 on: January 15, 2013, 10:57:12 PM »
I guess im biased, I see a touch of evil in the whole thing. Its just so foreign to everything I believe. the whole thing is weird to me, who led them astray, why, so many questions....
At least you try to be rational.
Did you read this entire thread?

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 15, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »
Dan you invest with goyim? You know they don't believe the same things you do are you crazy??? How can you trust someone who doesn't share your beliefs?
I meant trust the guy with 20k, would you?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 15, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
I meant trust the guy with 20k, would you?
Why the heck not? That's my point? What do beliefs have to do with trust?

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
Depends how far you go with it
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 15, 2013, 11:06:27 PM »
Did you read this entire thread?
I have, some guys do try to present a sane sounding point of view but its impossible to sway me. I have what I firmly believe to be the absolute truth.
 I still very firmly against chabad hashkafa. If rational people weren't so emotionally invested in chadad... im sure they deep down also doubt the whole entire thing...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 15, 2013, 11:07:52 PM »
I have, some guys do try to present a sane sounding point of view but its impossible to sway me. I have what I firmly believe to be the absolute truth.
 I still very firmly against chabad hashkafa. If rational people weren't so emotionally invested in chadad... im sure they deep down also doubt the whole entire thing...
Like you said that's your belief. that word is were this argument started and finished.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 15, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »
Like you said that's your belief. that word is were this argument started and finished.
Indeed, It all boils down to the 13 principles of faith.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 15, 2013, 11:13:44 PM »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2013, 11:16:31 PM »
And which one is violated? ???
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/332555/jewish/Maimonides-13-Principles-of-Faith.htm
The one that says you don't believe what I was raised believing so just like Christianity and Islam is wrong so too...

(Even if you show me halachik sources.)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 15, 2013, 11:17:42 PM »
This whole thing is all quite funny to me.
We have lots of Lakewooders telling me what I and other lubavitchers believe as if they know the facts and I don't. 
It would be comical if it wasn't so bizarre.  Reminds me of ultra-biased/brainwashed mainstream media coverage of Israel.
The 99% believe nothing of the venom/BS that is spewed in this thread.

Yes, Chabad (specifically Israelis) has more than it's fair share of wackos, but they don't speak for chabad HQ or chabad ideology or mainstream shluchim and chassidim worldwide.
Because there are perhaps 10 "elokistim" in the world let's assume that 400,000 Lubavitchers practice kefira. Ya, that makes sense to me too.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 15, 2013, 11:23:26 PM »
We have lots of Lakewooders telling me what I and other lubavitchers believe as if they know the facts and I don't. 
It would be comical if it wasn't so bizarre.  Reminds me of ultra-biased/brainwashed mainstream media coverage of Israel.

Yes, Chabad (specifically Israelis) has more than it's fair share of wackos, but they don't speak for chabad HQ or chabad ideology or mainstream shluchim and chassidim worldwide.
Because there are perhaps 10 "elokistim" in the world let's assume that 400,000 Lubavitchers practice kefira. Ya, that makes sense to me too.
Since many aspects of the movement are questionable, why not just stay away.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 15, 2013, 11:25:19 PM »

realize that these wakos are following the same man as you. They just interpreted his teachings a little more extreme way than you.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 15, 2013, 11:26:40 PM »
The Messiah Problem: Berger, the Angel and the Scandal of Reckless Indiscrimination
realize that these wakos are following the same man as you. They just interpreted his teachings a little more extreme way than you.
They are following the same Torah as you THEREFORE... Don't believe in the Torah right?

These 2 replies are connected.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:44 PM »
You're right.  Burn the whole movement and all the good its done for the world because there are 10 wackos in the world.  Because no other movement have any wackos anyway.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 15, 2013, 11:29:35 PM »
There's nothing questionable al pi halacha about believing someone you follow to be moshiach.  Problems arise when people use that as an excuse to stop following the laws of our holy torah, thus the problems with yashka and shabtai tzvi.  And why those wacko elokistim are in cherem.