Author Topic: Messianism among Lubavitch  (Read 369431 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #640 on: January 16, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
Why do you think your rebbeh is more the moshiach than the alter rebbeh. I am trying to follow your logic. Are you saying that your rebbeh is greater than any tzadik that ever lived? surly amongst the dead there are people much better than him, no?
Read earlier in this thread. It's been answered.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
No it has not. All you guys say is that its only possible etc not for sure etc but why are you picking him?

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 16, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »
Why do you think your rebbeh is more the moshiach than the alter rebbeh. I am trying to follow your logic. Are you saying that your rebbeh is greater than any tzadik that ever lived? surly amongst the dead there are people much better than him, no?
And the circle turns once again...

How many times was this already answered in this thread?

The Alter Rebbe or any other Tzaddik who ever lived wasn't our Rebbe.
I don't see why that's such a difficult concept to grasp.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #643 on: January 16, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »
No it has not. All you guys say is that its only possible etc not for sure etc but why are you picking him?

Are you really going to make me quote it? Dan quoted his own explanation in the past couple days. IIRC it was in response to you asking this question.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #644 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:05 PM »
Because he was ours.  Same goes for the Belz story with their Rebbe.  Moshiach goes by the generation.
As there hasn't been a new Rebbe the children now can choose to adopt him as Rebbe based on his teachings or not, that's their choice.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #645 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »

+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 16, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
Bechezkas moshiach is not the same thing as saying a possible candidate for moshiach.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 16, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »
I try to imagine if you all were at the rebbes inauguration and debut, where at his first public speech as a young, newly minted rebbe, after studying engineering in college for a few years he basically alluded to the fact that he thinks of himself as the moshiach whether you would have questioned him or be pulled in by his brilliance and charisma?
Now your all to emotionally invested to admit that you where missled. This is my personal opinion, Im sure you'l vehemently argue.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:03 PM »
Because he was ours.  Same goes for the Belz story with their Rebbe.  Moshiach goes by the generation.
As there hasn't been a new Rebbe the children now can choose to adopt him as Rebbe based on his teachings or not, that's their choice.
Show me where it is stated in any chassidic sefer that there's an inyan to think that YOUR rebbe is mashiach bec. he's your rebbe. And don't tell me the gemara in sanhedrin. And don't tell me a recent chabad sefer.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
Show me where it is stated in any chassidic sefer that there's an inyan to think that YOUR rebbe is mashiach bec. he's your rebbe. And don't tell me the gemara in sanhedrin. And don't tell me a recent chabad sefer.
I've already said, it's a hergesh that is natural as part of a Rebbe-Chosid relationship.  This isn't something that's printed.
Perhaps you missed this post? I'll repeat for your sake.

You're telling me that no other chosid believes his rebbe is a candidate to be moshiach?
You are delusional once again in that case.

They don't think about who moshiach is. The only people that think about who's a candidate for moshiach, are chabadskers, this is the facts, I am not delusional.

and there is no other chasiddus that espouses such beliefs.  if you claim otherwise, show a source.

They may not say it publicly, but I hate to break it to you guys...you are dead wrong.  And here is confirmation from someone whom I had the pleasure of meeting and can confirm is most definitely a chosid and not of the lubavitch persuasion.

This is a simple outcome of the rebbe-chosid relationship, and something that scared the misnagdim for centuries.

+1

Nobody would consider "belz" as a meshichist chasidis. I heard once from the Belze Rebbe, by a yahrteit tish of the prebious rebber R' Aron TZ"L:
"we all believe that the uncle (R' Aron) was meshiach, and if he wasn't, he had the ability to be".
I learned from that, that actually every chasid should think on his Rebbe, that he is Meshiach, or at least have the ability of being Mashiach.

Thank you for the confirmation.  As I thought, the difference is very minute-just a question of how the belief is publicized.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:16 PM »
Bechezkas moshiach is not the same thing as saying a possible candidate for moshiach.
They don't think about who moshiach is. The only people that think about who's a candidate for moshiach, are chabadskers, this is the facts, I am not delusional.
@Lamdan- For intellectual honesty in this conversation, can you please admit to being delusional. Truly there is no reason to ever discus this further if you can't do that.
I seriously want to tell you to just shove it until you admit your delusion.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »

Does the fact that he was your Rebbe make him more qualified? Or does it make you want it to be him?

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:29 PM »
  @Lamdan- For intellectual honesty in this conversation, can you please admit to being delusional. Truly there is no reason to ever discus this further if you can't do that.
 I seriously want to tell you to just shove it until you admit your delusion.
whats your point?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »
I try to imagine if you all were at the rebbes inauguration and debut, where at his first public speech as a young, newly minted rebbe, after studying engineering in college for a few years he basically alluded to the fact that he thinks of himself as the moshiach whether you would have questioned him or be pulled in by his brilliance and charisma?
Now your all to emotionally invested to admit that you where missled. This is my personal opinion, Im sure you'l vehemently argue.
He never said he was moshiach.  If anything he said that the previous rebbe, his rebbe, was moshiach.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 16, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »
Does the fact that he was your Rebbe make him more qualified? Or does it make you want it to be him?
It's a borderline insane thing, this my rebbe is mashiach. ROFL!! LMAO!!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 16, 2013, 02:57:52 PM »
whats your point?
You said no one besides chabad thinks about who moshiach is. and that you are not delusional. Because you are wrong on this point, just admit that you are delusional then we can move on.

Through out this thread you called many things facts so when your "facts" are wrong admit it.

Offline robi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 16, 2013, 02:59:40 PM »
I don't want to get involved in this quagmire, but a lot of people in Montreal stopped following r' hirshprung zt'l after he wrote that letter, including the rosh yeshiva r motel Weinberg zt'l
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 16, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
You said no one besides chabad thinks about who moshiach is. and that you are not delusional. Because you are wrong on this point, just admit that you are delusional then we can move on.

Through out this thread you called many things facts so when your "facts" are wrong admit it.
I don't agree that chassidim believe their rebbe is mashiach, what part of that don't you understand?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 16, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »
I don't want to get involved in this quagmire, but a lot of people in Montreal stopped following r' hirshprung zt'l after he wrote that letter, including the rosh yeshiva r motel Weinberg zt'l
Do they have a response to it?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 16, 2013, 03:02:53 PM »
I don't agree that chassidim believe their rebbe is mashiach, what part of that don't you understand?
You're right. SI was lying about his own sect and the other sect he mentioned.
It's funny which stuff you're "mekabel" and which you're not.