Author Topic: Messianism among Lubavitch  (Read 146198 times)

Offline ganizzy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #495 on: January 15, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
I thought it was because the shviger wouldn't give him the shtreimel.

the rebbe wore the reg hat before that.

thank g-d. paying for a shtreimel AND a shaitel!!! :)

we would like a rebbe to lead us, and yes there is internal issues in chabad bec there is no rebbe with a final say.
however there just isnt anyone who can fill the rebbe's position.

and btw previous rebbeim had other children that werent qualified for the role. it didnt always go to the oldest son or son in law.
specifically in the rebbes case, there was an older brother in law, and there was some talk of him taking over from the previous rebbe, but he realized the Rebbe was much more qualified and he became the Rebbe's chossid

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 15, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
I think you missed the point.
The point is the Rebbe cared about, took an interest in and did what could to help every yid, especially those who needed strengthening in their yiddishkeit. The Rebbe acted like a leader, a raya mehemna -a faithful sheperd who cared for every one of his flock. that's what makes him a nosi.
The effect on multitudes of yiden is an outcome of that.
i think you, and the chabadskers (on this thread) in general, are a bit delusional about the rebbes effect on yidden.  he effected his chassidim, (as every rebbe should), and he effected many frya yidden through kiruv/shluchim.        i'm not sure why you all think that made him a leader for jewry, when most to all of frum jewry did not take him on as a leader in any form, or receive any positive effect from him.    but hey, whatever keeps you happy.

Dead serious.
That's what the rebbe was all about. Taking the klipas nogah of the world (i.e. TV, Basketball games) and using them to spread yiddishkeit.
we were talking about the baal hatanya, not the last rebbe. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #497 on: January 15, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »
we were talking about the baal hatanya, not the last rebbe. 
Then I suggest you open a Tanya ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #498 on: January 15, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
On a completely side note, is it discussed and well-known in Chabad circles that he was in University in Berlin, wore the Litvishe type hat, etc? When I read it, I was very pleasantly surprised. I have no doubt that its one of the reasons he was more approachable and open than other manhigai hador.

"Schneerson studied mathematics, physics and philosophy in Berlin, Germany for five semesters from mid-1928 through 1930.[24] His father-in-law, Yosef Yitzchok, paid for all the tuition expenses and helped facilitate his studies throughout."

"In 1933, Rabbi Schneerson moved to Paris, France. He studied mechanics and electrical engineering at the École spéciale des travaux publics, du bâtiment et de l'industrie (ESTP), a Grandes écoles in the Montparnasse district. He graduated in July 1937 and received a license to practice as an electrical engineer. In November 1937, he enrolled at the Sorbonne, where he studied mathematics until World War II broke out in 1939."

Yes.
He also worked on still classified US Navy projects during the war IIRC?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 15, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
They just are the majority of crown heights, control the shul, and control the beis din. Did I forget anything else?
Sorry but you're average crown heightser is not a wacko.  The Taliban are the wackos.

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 15, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
Sorry but you're average crown heightser is not a wacko.  The Taliban are the wackos.
Sorry, I was equating meshichist and wacko.  What adjective would you use to describe them?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 15, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
Sorry, I was equating meshichist and wacko.  What adjective would you use to describe them?
As long as they're not bothering me and not acting like the taliban why should I care? Live and let live.

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 15, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
Man! I told myself I'm not getting dragged into this again...

Why did you have to revive this thread?!
I like Dan and everyone else here too much.  Why am I getting involved?! ???

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 15, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »
Then I suggest you open a Tanya ;)
and you think the basketball game charade is what he intended?  maybe it's time you got a rebbe to teach you how to learn tanya ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 15, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »
and you think the basketball game charade is what he intended?  maybe it's time you got a rebbe to teach you how to learn tanya ;)
Your shtechs are just oh so cute.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
Your shtechs are just oh so cute.
as cute as it was, it was also very serious.       if that's how you're understanding the tanya, you need to be learning with a rebbe (and i'm not alluding to a new "rebbe," just speaking straight).     

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 15, 2013, 07:48:21 PM »
Our job is to bring Judaism down to the lowest levels that we can to make a dira lo yisbareich b'tachtonim.

The A"R says we can't do that for klipah gamor, but klipas nogah is fair game.
If bringing Judaism to a basketball game, something that is klipas nogah, and reaching Jews via that manner will perhaps convince 1 more Jew at the game to light a menorah  that can tip the scales, so be it.

Offline Yungerman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 15, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »
i think you, and the chabadskers (on this thread) in general, are a bit delusional about the rebbes effect on yidden.  he effected his chassidim, (as every rebbe should), and he effected many frya yidden through kiruv/shluchim.        i'm not sure why you all think that made him a leader for jewry, when most to all of frum jewry did not take him on as a leader in any form, or receive any positive effect from him.    but hey, whatever keeps you happy.

You, sir, are more than just a bit delusional. Frum Jewry hasn't received any positive effect from him?!?!?!?! Come on?!?!  :o :o :o ???

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 15, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »
You, sir, are more than just a bit delusional. Frum Jewry hasn't received any positive effect from him?!?!?!?! Come on?!?!  :o :o :o ???
It's pointless arguing with people like him.  That type will enjoy a minyan with fresh food in Timbuktu and then spit on their way out.  I've seen it with my own 2 eyes.

Offline Yungerman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »
It's pointless arguing with people like him.  That type will enjoy a minyan with fresh food in Timbuktu and then spit on their way out.  I've seen it with my own 2 eyes.

I just couldn't let such a shocking, patent falsehood be voiced without a response.

A boy that was indoctrinated to hate Lubavitch once told a Lubavitcher boy:"My father hates your Rebbe".
The Lubavitcher boy answered:"and my Rebbe loves your father". This is a conversation that actually took place.