Author Topic: Messianism among Lubavitch  (Read 146360 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #630 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »
you're confusing me with someone else, i never said that.
You said "Gam ani mitztaref lehana"l" which included not eating/davening by meshichists.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8015
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #631 on: January 16, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »
They don't think about who moshiach is. The only people that think about who's a candidate for moshiach, are chabadskers, this is the facts, I am not delusional.

@Lamdan- For intellectual honesty in this conversation, can you please admit to being delusional. Truly there is no reason to ever discus this further if you can't do that.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #632 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »
Why do you insist on equating belief that the rebbe is Moshiach with the belief that he absolutely must be and it cannot be anybody else?
+1.
And if you do then you'll need to stop eating/davening with many chasidim.  Even if they don't publicize it like the chabad meshichistim do.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
You said "Gam ani mitztaref lehana"l" which included not eating/davening by meshichists.
sorry, I am not meztaref to that part either. Just that what you keep on saying that lubavitch and other chasiduses have the same belief regarding "The Rebbe Moshiach Complex", is at best misleading.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »
@Lamdan- For intellectual honesty in this conversation, can you please admit to being delusional. Truly there is no reason to ever discus this further if you can't do that.
In all fairness the other chasidim don't go out and proclaim it.
I forgive him for not knowing the facts.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 16, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
sorry, I am not meztaref to that part either. Just that what you keep on saying that lubavitch and other chasiduses have the same belief regarding "The Rebbe Moshiach Complex", is at best misleading.
How so?
We've got Satmar and Belz on record for having the same beliefs that their Rebbe and leader that they follow is moshiach.
The difference is in the publication.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #636 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
In all fairness the other chasidim don't go out and proclaim it.
I forgive him for not knowing the facts.
Well when someone makes claims in one case and says it with such strong language then it casts doubts on all else he says unless he admits to being "delusional" in that case. Especially when he'd of known the facts had he actually read this thread.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
Many people don't drink Bartenura wine.

I haven't read through the whole thread, can you point me to the proof that moshiach can be dead? I'd it just sanhedrin 98 or is there something else also?

And 3 more places from earlier this thread.

http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php3?t=73

For those interested in an Halachick opinion supporting the idea of the Rebbe being Moshiach after he was niftar, see attched letter from Rabbi Hirshprung A"H, Rav of Montreal.gif image hosting

I believe this is the article by Schochet you're both referring to: http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol02/v02n094.shtml#07

The Abarbanel, in his authoritative classic entitled Yeshuos Meshicho, (page 104) clearly raises the possibility that Mashiach may be among those resurrected. He cites a passage from Tractate Derech Eretz Zuta: "Nine people entered the Garden of Eden alive ...Mashiach." He explains that according to this view, a righteous individual deemed to be the Mashiach will live, then die on account of the sins of his generation, but will eventually be resurrected.I am a direct descendant of the Abarbanel hence my mesorah is that moshiach can come from the dead. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 16, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
And BTW, b4 gimmel tamuz chabadskers weren't just saying that their rebbe is a candidate for moshiach. And for a lond time afterwards.
@Lamdan and others- People didn't make a distinction between chezkas moshiach and moshiach vaday. Everyone did believe he was moshiach. But there is no such thing as moshiach vaday until the beis hamikdash is rebuilt. Just like you say most people don't think about who moshiach is, chabad people before gimmel tamuz didn't think about making a distinction between chezkas moshiach and moshiach vaday. Now that it's a bigger issue and being dissected, it comes out that what everyone besides the tzfatim really believed was he was/is for sure a chezkas moshiach.

This is all tied into what WhyMe pointed out I believe
Why do you insist on equating belief that the rebbe is Moshiach with the belief that he absolutely must be and it cannot be anybody else?
I'm sure you'll claim I'm backtracking and changing the past, and that you know cuz you spoke to people then.

But if you want an answer and I have spoken to people who were there before gimmel tamuz then this will be a satisfying explanation. If you don't want an answer/explanation, then feel free to ignore this post.

ETA- I'd equate before gimmel tammuz beliefs to similar ones of Rabbi Akiva about Bar Kochba. (Who yes was murdered insert diyuk in rambam here;) )

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 16, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
Why do you think your rebbeh is more the moshiach than the alter rebbeh. I am trying to follow your logic. Are you saying that your rebbeh is greater than any tzadik that ever lived? surly amongst the dead there are people much better than him, no?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 16, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
Why do you think your rebbeh is more the moshiach than the alter rebbeh. I am trying to follow your logic. Are you saying that your rebbeh is greater than any tzadik that ever lived? surly amongst the dead there are people much better than him, no?
Read earlier in this thread. It's been answered.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
No it has not. All you guys say is that its only possible etc not for sure etc but why are you picking him?

Online whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 16, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »
And the circle turns once again...

How many times was this already answered in this thread?

The Alter Rebbe or any other Tzaddik who ever lived wasn't our Rebbe.
I don't see why that's such a difficult concept to grasp.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 16, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »
No it has not. All you guys say is that its only possible etc not for sure etc but why are you picking him?

Are you really going to make me quote it? Dan quoted his own explanation in the past couple days. IIRC it was in response to you asking this question.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:05 PM »
Because he was ours.  Same goes for the Belz story with their Rebbe.  Moshiach goes by the generation.
As there hasn't been a new Rebbe the children now can choose to adopt him as Rebbe based on his teachings or not, that's their choice.