Author Topic: Cablevision Vs FIOS  (Read 1633 times)

Offline puddles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Cablevision Vs FIOS
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »
I have had Verizon Fios for a little over a year now. I have the standard triple pay package as well as a DVR and pay (including taxes) and pay about $115 a month. This includes a $20 monthly credit I was given that expires this month which they absolutely 100% will not give me again. The taxes and other fees come to almost $20!
I have emailed, called and cajoled but they will not give me a better price, even with the threat of cancellation.
Cablevision sent me a letter offering their services for 69.99 including free DVR for 2 years no contract and an Ipod. The issue is that I have heard Horror stories of their ineptitude in customer service, any issues etc. Can anyone weigh in here with an opinion or advice
I currently live in NY if that helps

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Cablevision Vs FIOS
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »
I have had Verizon Fios for a little over a year now. I have the standard triple pay package as well as a DVR and pay (including taxes) and pay about $115 a month. This includes a $20 monthly credit I was given that expires this month which they absolutely 100% will not give me again. The taxes and other fees come to almost $20!
I have emailed, called and cajoled but they will not give me a better price, even with the threat of cancellation.
Cablevision sent me a letter offering their services for 69.99 including free DVR for 2 years no contract and an Ipod. The issue is that I have heard Horror stories of their ineptitude in customer service, any issues etc. Can anyone weigh in here with an opinion or advice
I currently live in NY if that helps

I have never had a problem with cable v. -- i found them very good -- they come when they say they will come - on the phone always helpful -- wish i had ur offer -- since no contract and cheap price plus gift , what more could you want

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Cablevision Vs FIOS
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:24:26 PM »
I never had any trouble with cablevision CS. (internet only)
I've been using them 5+ years in my house & 3+ years for my office.