Author Topic: Turkish Airlines = Idiots.com  (Read 6726 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Turkish Airlines = Idiots.com
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
Over an hour on the phone trying to figure whether some flights have special business seats, or just economy with empty middle seat. Also when checking what aircraft, I get different opinions....

While searching availability on onepass, its says one type of flight, but as soon as I confirm the flights, it changes to a different kind of aircraft....

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:(

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
Re: Turkish Airlines = Idiots.com
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »
THE BIGGEST MORONS IN THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY. Ive had terrible experiences with their website and their Farsi speaking phone support

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:01:31 AM »
farsi is iranian. Turkish speak turkish

Anyway, after reading the title I knew its a superflyer rant....

a good way of knowing what seats they have is by checking the aircraft, make a dummy booking on their website and it will show aircraft. If a few sites show diffrent aircraft, that means it changes alot. IST-DXB for example gets the A320 and the A330, so its pure luck.

The 330, 340 and 777 have the business seats

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:31:18 AM »
@ chuchem, before entering a thread, you can tell who started it.

About Turkish:

I made a fake booking, which quoted aircraft X

Over the phone they said Y

Onepass while showing choices of available flights, it showed Z

Onepass with a confirmed reservation changed to X

On seatguru, there are aircraft of which they have two different models, and no one can tell me which is what....

The first normal guy (I believe) that I got finally on the phone, told me that: if the the aircraft has 3 eco seats in biz, but they just block the middle seat, it would show up as such in his seatmap, and not just 2 seats.

can anyone confirm?

----------------------------------------

If someone has a way of checking, please do, here are the flights:

FRI 02 Mar 2012
TK 707 KBL 12:00 IST 15:35 Business
TK 1889 IST 19:45 VIE 21:10 Business

thanks

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 05:32:20 AM »
THE BIGGEST MORONS IN THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY.

We could start a thread just about that... I've had my shares of stories with them.

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »
We could start a thread just about that... I've had my shares of stories with them.

I booked tix to Israel for Pesach on Turkish Air -- JFK-IST is supposed to be in "Comfort Economy".

Wish me luck???

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:51:21 AM »
Unthought they were a good airline...
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 12:08:07 PM »
I booked tix to Israel for Pesach on Turkish Air -- JFK-IST is supposed to be in "Comfort Economy".

Wish me luck???

Switching the letters from "Comfort Economy", makes:  "Cycom Mono Forte" which sounds like something you would take for a killer migraine...

YMMV

(Your Migraine May Vary)

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 12:31:02 PM »
Switching the letters from "Comfort Economy", makes:  "Cycom Mono Forte" which sounds like something you would take for a killer migraine...

YMMV

(Your Migraine May Vary)

As long as one doesn't need Cycom Duo Forte after the flight experience...

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »
Over an hour on the phone

This part unfortunately happens with CO too, our favorite airline. Not sure how they get away with this.

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
Incidentally, the rates to Israel for Pesach (depending on dates) were not bad.  Especially in Comfort Economy for the JFK-IST and IST-JFK legs...$1200 or $1520 RT depending on dates/flights.  Coach was around $1,000

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
That's pretty good. You just have to make sure the stopovers are not too long. Many times it's overnight. Be careful
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
That's pretty good. You just have to make sure the stopovers are not too long. Many times it's overnight. Be careful

I saw that.  The flights we booked were 2:45 on the way there, and 3:50 on the way back.  My only worry (deep down) is that if the IST-TLV segment gets cancelled (due to less travel between the countries) those connection times jump to overnight.  Worst case, PLENTY to see in Istanbul.

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »
I saw that.  The flights we booked were 2:45 on the way there, and 3:50 on the way back.  My only worry (deep down) is that if the IST-TLV segment gets cancelled (due to less travel between the countries) those connection times jump to overnight.  Worst case, PLENTY to see in Istanbul.

UPDATE:  Concur with Superflyer on most of his observations.  BUT -- for those who have suggested on DDF that Jews or Israelis had lots to worry about int he airport in Istanbul -- I'm here to report ALL customers are treated with equal disdain and lack of basic customer care/customer service.

Posting from here in IST in the Primeclass lounge (Priority Pass).  Inflight experience JFK-IST is actually quite nice -- flight attendants are friendly as can be and eager to please.  Comfort Class is actually quite comfortable relative to steerage. 

BUT the experience before the flight and during transit here in IST (waiting for a TLV flight, and the outbound JFK-IST flight was delayed and we missed our originally scheduled connection).  Nobody was at the gate to tell connecting passengers anything -- it's possible we could have made the flight without our bags.  All we were told was to go wait on the "Transit Passenger" line, which could have taken almost two hours if we hadn't weaseled some way into the Biz Class line. 

There were 13 of us waiting for new boarding passes for TLV -- and they were nice enough to give us a food voucher for the airport (which most of us can't use as nothing is Kosher expect drinks) -- BUT THE MORONS PUT ALL 13 PASSENGERS ON ONE FOOD VOUCHER -- so we all had to go together to the stupid food court to get a can of soda.  As if all TLV passengers are related and wanted to hang out together for the 4 hours until our flight.

Like the OP said -- IDIOTS!

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 09:42:46 AM »
BUT -- all that said, for the same price or less than El Al coach, I think I would still do it again in Comfort Economy.

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »
Agree-but if you can pay the extra for Elal exit row seat, not worth the hassle

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »
The UA 777s (that operate EWR-TLV) will have E+ with about 5 extra inches of legroom by 05/31/12.
I'd imagine the buyup to those will be pretty popular.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »
To come back to the original problem.

The Aircraft wasn't X, Y or Z, but Q.

However, they managed to arrange that it shouldn't be my concern anymore, as they gave me different issues....

I get in the morning a message that the leg K-BL-IST was cancelled, as it wasn't confirmed within 24h to departure. (it was ticketed of course).

PAX had to buy his way out of there for almost $2000 ! (its says commission $600+ on the receipt - whatever that means).

I called UA, and told them that they issued that tickets, and as needing to reconfirm a ticket isn't a standard since quite a few years, in fact airlines have such an option over the phone: "if you want to reconfirm you flight press # 2" "Flights no longer need to be reconfirmed..."

UA says that they do not get notified of such rules, and even when telling you eg to be 2 hours before a flight to the airport, its just their advice, but really one needs to call up the operating airline.

BTW, i was hours with Turkish on the line, and no one mentioned anything of the kind.

As I knew that Turkish and United will just push the blame on each other, I've asked them to put the complaint up by star alliance.

I've been asked today to send the original receipts.

Will see what happens...

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 03:31:48 AM »
UPDATE:  Concur with Superflyer on most of his observations.  BUT -- for those who have suggested on DDF that Jews or Israelis had lots to worry about int he airport in Istanbul -- I'm here to report ALL customers are treated with equal disdain and lack of basic customer care/customer service.

Posting from here in IST in the Primeclass lounge (Priority Pass).  Inflight experience JFK-IST is actually quite nice -- flight attendants are friendly as can be and eager to please.  Comfort Class is actually quite comfortable relative to steerage. 

BUT the experience before the flight and during transit here in IST (waiting for a TLV flight, and the outbound JFK-IST flight was delayed and we missed our originally scheduled connection).  Nobody was at the gate to tell connecting passengers anything -- it's possible we could have made the flight without our bags.  All we were told was to go wait on the "Transit Passenger" line, which could have taken almost two hours if we hadn't weaseled some way into the Biz Class line. 

There were 13 of us waiting for new boarding passes for TLV -- and they were nice enough to give us a food voucher for the airport (which most of us can't use as nothing is Kosher expect drinks) -- BUT THE MORONS PUT ALL 13 PASSENGERS ON ONE FOOD VOUCHER -- so we all had to go together to the stupid food court to get a can of soda.  As if all TLV passengers are related and wanted to hang out together for the 4 hours until our flight.

Like the OP said -- IDIOTS!

How was the lounge in IST?

Is there more than one lounge for Amex Plat/Priority Pass?

Offline AEK1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
serves you right cheapest price=worst service! you normally get what you pay for
aside from the religion risk factor which is definitly a strong cosideration
 or did u forget the plane load of israeli passengers who were herded into a room and made to strip "for security reasons" if its worth the 200.00 you saved on your ticket to risk having to pull your pants down be my guest!
im sure the hand matza you took along will also be man handeled by chometz munching airport security personnal (their goes your 200.00 savings when youll need to buy new matza ;)