Author Topic: Citi thank you points  (Read 22392 times)

Offline Lazegotit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat.
Re: Citi thank you points
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »
Not sure if this was posted or not, but for a limited time (through January 6, 2016), Citi Thank You Points transfer to HHonors at a ratio of 1:2, which is a 50% increase, and might make transferring there a decent option in my opinion.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2015, 12:12:33 PM »
IINM a statement credit will get you 0.5 cpp.

You can call to get a check to pay your mortgage at 1.25 cpp. Edit- it may actually be 1cpp now.

Even if you don't have a mortgage you can give them the name of your bank. Put your name and acct # in the memo. Sign and deposit (good to write "for deposit only"). Probably better to deposit at ATM if you're not using it for a real mortgage payment.
Some banks will not accept the checks "for deposit only". A good way is to pay your CC at the bank with these checks. Did I miss 1.25cpp redemption? I thought it was always 1cpp.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2015, 12:26:30 PM »
Some banks will not accept the checks "for deposit only". A good way is to pay your CC at the bank with these checks. Did I miss 1.25cpp redemption? I thought it was always 1cpp.
You can also get them written out to your "private mortgage holder"  ;).

Not sure about redemption rate- I did it once a while back.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline lowvoltageguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 07:54:58 PM »
I have the Citi Forward card which I rarely use. I closed my checking account and received an email that my thank you points will expire December 31. I swiped my cc Friday and it's still pending. Citi rep couldn't tell me if that's enough to keep my points from expiring or that it would have to post first. What are my options?
It's worth too much.

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 10:11:24 PM »
I have the Citi Forward card which I rarely use. I closed my checking account and received an email that my thank you points will expire December 31. I swiped my cc Friday and it's still pending. Citi rep couldn't tell me if that's enough to keep my points from expiring or that it would have to post first. What are my options?
Use the points before they expire.

Offline mosh.now

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2017, 08:01:47 PM »
50% bonus for citi thank you points transfer to Trueblue (jetblue) points. so 1000 points become 1200 trueblue points instead of 800

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2018, 04:14:30 PM »
theres a 30% bonus now when you transfer to jetblue by 5/19

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »
theres a 30% bonus now when you transfer to jetblue by 5/19
not a great value

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2023, 10:58:41 AM »
Plan to downgrade/cancel Premier card, so I should probably liquidate my points.
Looking at the points transfer options, Turkish seems like the most lucrative for domestic flights (preferred use ATM).
JetBlue would also be an option, but IINM there's a fee to transfer to domestic partners. (I also barely see good points redemptions on JetBlue. Every time I book, their points option is relatively poor.)

My question is: Is it too risky to park points at Turkish (without a specific redemption in mind for the immediate future)?

(And Re. JetBlue, my thoughts are, if their points are worth ~1.3, +transfer fee, I may as well cash out at 1.1. Please help me understand if you believe differently.)

TIA

Offline Yaakov7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2023, 06:56:50 PM »
Plan to downgrade/cancel Premier card, so I should probably liquidate my points.
Looking at the points transfer options, Turkish seems like the most lucrative for domestic flights (preferred use ATM).
JetBlue would also be an option, but IINM there's a fee to transfer to domestic partners. (I also barely see good points redemptions on JetBlue. Every time I book, their points option is relatively poor.)

My question is: Is it too risky to park points at Turkish (without a specific redemption in mind for the immediate future)?

(And Re. JetBlue, my thoughts are, if their points are worth ~1.3, +transfer fee, I may as well cash out at 1.1. Please help me understand if you believe differently.)

TIA
you should’ve sent them to Virgin Atlantic with the 30% bonus for delta flights ect.
כל מקום שאני הולך, אני הולך לארץ ישראל

Offline beirush228

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2023, 02:16:02 AM »
Can I have someone else transfer Citi points to my Turkish Miles? I have Citi points, but only the 2 % Cashback card, so I am not seeing an option to transfer to Turkish.

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2023, 02:18:17 AM »
Can I have someone else transfer Citi points to my Turkish Miles? I have Citi points, but only the 2 % Cashback card, so I am not seeing an option to transfer to Turkish.

doesn't work mismatching

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2023, 11:47:22 AM »

TIA

ITYAM (new acronym I just created which stands for "I think you are mistaken"  ;)

Citi does not charge a transfer fee when transferring TYP's to domestic Airlines.

Probably what you are thinking about is Amex charging that domestic Airline transfer fee for membership rewards points transfers. AFAIK Citi does not have any sort of comparable fee.

Offline jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2023, 01:38:54 PM »
Anyone here (reputable ) who spends at least $100k monthly on Citi can PM me for a trick how to earn a big premium

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2023, 12:11:27 PM »
Does Citi normally post new card sign up bonuses within a few days of meeting the spending requirement, or do they wait until the statement closes?

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2023, 01:20:57 PM »
Does Citi normally post new card sign up bonuses within a few days of meeting the spending requirement, or do they wait until the statement closes?

Answering my own question: they post once the statement closes