Author Topic: is it worth it to sell american mileage or amex points  (Read 3501 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: is it worth it to sell american mileage or amex points
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »
 also the same applies to using ones pts for a free hotel night. I only view my savings as what I would have been willing to pay for  a Room. So since Id never go and reserve a Suite at full rate, I never will say I saved whatever the rate for a suite is/was, if somehow I was able to get 1 using my pts. Nor what the reg rate is if ordinarily I wouldnt have paid that rate but would have stayed elsewhere.

The rate on room the past 2 nights was just under 500 GBP or appx $800. If Ididnt use my Marriott Euro Hooper(they dont exist but for 150k in MR pts you were able to stay at any Hotel inEurope for 7 nights certs were 2-2-3 nights each). The Hotels I chose were reg 40k per night so I got them for appx 1/2 off. Had it not been for these certs no way would I stayed DownTown so I dont see that I saved $800 a night but more like $70 what a B&B up in Golders Green would have cost me

True it was much better being DT but $$ wise I didnt save $800 per night since I Never would have spent that kind of $$ when alternatives exist elsewhere

Others will say they saved $3200 (4 nights) Ok let them but they really are only fooling themsleves unless they on a reg basis actually spend that kind of $$ on Hotels, I dont nor do I ever plan to

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: is it worth it to sell american mileage or amex points
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 08:31:07 AM »
hi to jay the president and steve can you tell me how mch you would sell mileage for- aadvantage or amex thanks

I never sold yet and thats probably due to what I would want is more then most people will pay, but if the right price can about and via someone I could trust then maybe I would part with some