Author Topic: Ipad? Tab? Something Else?  (Read 4958 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Ipad? Tab? Something Else?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
I saw an article in the WSJ AllThingsD months back quoting a survey that 47% IIRC prospective tablet buyers want a windows tablet. Isn't the the HP Slate windows? Though definitely not the tablet-focused windows 8. Incidentally it the same paper it was featured as the most gifted tablet this valentine.
Personally, I think Apple is so much more advanced with the iPad they have the market cornered, it use to be that every tech as dominant as it is ended up being overtaken, but in with the advent of clud services I'm afraid that people won't be able to leave their loyalty so soon. We see this already with facebook since it can't be replaced by just buying a new piece of hardware. iCloud, if successful, will creat a binding eco system where it will be nearly impossible to migrate out of.
Bottom line, I think windows is over and Apple will slowly take over the world. The only hope is Google, but they really need to get their act together.
The WSJ claims they might have a full fledgd cable alternative home entertainment system before iTV, let's see if they can pull it off for once.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 12:58:21 AM »
I saw an article in the WSJ AllThingsD months back quoting a survey that 47% IIRC prospective tablet buyers want a windows tablet. Isn't the the HP Slate windows? Though definitely not the tablet-focused windows 8. Incidentally it the same paper it was featured as the most gifted tablet this valentine.
Personally, I think Apple is so much more advanced with the iPad they have the market cornered, it use to be that every tech as dominant as it is ended up being overtaken, but in with the advent of clud services I'm afraid that people won't be able to leave their loyalty so soon. We see this already with facebook since it can't be replaced by just buying a new piece of hardware. iCloud, if successful, will creat a binding eco system where it will be nearly impossible to migrate out of.
Bottom line, I think windows is over and Apple will slowly take over the world. The only hope is Google, but they really need to get their act together.
The WSJ claims they might have a full fledgd cable alternative home entertainment system before iTV, let's see if they can pull it off for once.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 09:59:32 PM »
Here I found proof that the Galaxy Tab is far far more capable than the ipad  ;D
If You See Something, Say Something!!