Topic Wiki

*=More info below
Company  Price  Sim  Talk/SMS  Web  Free Int'l  Signup Bonus  Israeli CC  Real TZBlackerry
Hot99₪49₪Unlimited3GB31 countries49₪/6 months*  Yes*Yes*
Golan99₪49₪UnlimitedUnlimited  53 countries  ₪59 /1st yearYesNoNo
01292₪Unlimited3GB42 countries*44₪/6 months  YesYes29₪
Rami Levy89₪59₪Unlimited1GB  No1₪/3 monthsYesYesNo
PelephoneYes*Yes*Free
Partner129/135₪*0₪*Unlimited  1GB/3GBAdd'l 20₪NoNoNo*39₪
CellcomA lot of $180₪  NoNo75₪

Rule #1- The Israeli cell phone service market is difficult. But cheap.
Rule #2- It is illegal for a company to "lock you in" a contract. ALL plans may be cancelled at any time with no penalty. Though, they do prevent you from opening and closing plans by charging a sim card "fee". This fee must always be paid even if paid for once before, and ranges from 39₪ to 180₪.
Rule #3- For those places that need an Israeli credit card, you may need to get one from an Israeli bank with a passport and income information although YMMV.
Rule #4- It is rarely, if ever, worthwhile to rent a "vacation plan" or prepaid, as the price for a regular unlimted plan for a month is less that a vacation plan for a week. Get a GSM phone that covers 900/1800 bands and save your money
Rule #5- All Israeli plans, whether regular or prepaid, include free incoming calls/texts.

Hot- 99₪ a month - includes unlimited calls, text and data (3 gb, then slow) and unlimited to 32 countries. Free home internet supply included. They currently have an offer if you port a number from a different network, to get the first six months for just 49₪ a month. You can move your package to a 10₪ a month plan, which includes 50 minutes and texts. You can also freeze the line once a year for up to 3 months. Regarding signup- you can use an American CC and fake TZ over the phone as one user has done.

Golan - Service is passable, but can be subpar in certain areas. There are two plans with Golan. There's the 99₪ unlimited talk/text/internet/international calling plan, which also gives you up to 2 virtual foreign numbers. This plan also includes for many countries unlimited global data roaming (6GB high-speed), incoming calls & texts, and calls & texts to Israel. They also offer a ₪29 per day data-roaming plan which gives 100MB a day in these countries. These roaming options can be very useful for foreigners regardless of whether they need Golan for Israel. See their website for details.There's a promo deal to get the 99 plan for ₪59 /month for the 1st year. There's also a ₪10 a month plan, which includes 60 min for domestic/US & CA and landlines in many countries, unlimited SMS and 10 MB of Internet, with add'l mins ₪.18 domestic, ₪.08 to US/CA and landlines in many countries, and data ₪.09 /MB. Its great for those short trips here. SIM should work in an iPad for data; you can also order a car SIM which will allow you to have 2 SIMs which draw from same plan.
[To get the sim in the USA before your trip:  golanusa.net will ship it to you for $14 (more for rush) and the 49 nis for the sim. Golan bills on the 25th of the month.  The days before the first 25th are freeprorated.(So for a trip between the 26th and the 24th of the month, you don't pay the 59 nis or 99 nis plan fee.)]

012mobile - Runs on Partner service, you will get an 054 number (unless you ported). Unlimited - 49₪ for the first 6 months and 92₪ from thereon after for unlimited everything too. Includes 3GB Data and 500 minutes to US/CA (any phone) and 40 other countries (landlines only). 9₪ plan includes 60 minutes, 60 SMS, and 100MB data. Additional domestic minutes/SMS are ₪ .09, Int'l calls to to US/CA (any phone) and 40 other countries (landlines only) are ₪ .25 per min. Add'l data bundles are available starting from ₪ 19 for 1 GB. 5GB Laptop/Tablet (data only) is 98₪.

Pelephone - Online, they accept fake TZ and US CC.

Partner - 129₪ a month for unlimited talk, text, and 1GB. 135₪ for 3GB. Family plans are cheaper.Free sim for online orders. Extra 20₪/mo. for 500 min. int'l calling. Extra 39₪ for Blackberry. May need to give 500₪ deposit that you (may) get back when you cancel the plan.  One can freeze line without charges for up to 3 months when not needed (not sure if allowed more than once per 12 months).

Freedomhot.com - 2/19/2023 - They have local pickup in lots of major frum areas and delivery too. They accept US CC. Runs on Hot Mobile. Copying and pasting from their website.
All monthly plans include: Unlimited Calls & Texts to Israeli phone numbers Unlimited outgoing calls to USA and Canada and landlines to 33 additional countries.
Unlimited incoming calls and texts from anywhere in the world. Prices include all taxes.
59 Shekels - 70GB LTE Internet Data
79 shekels - 150GB LTE Internet Data
KOSHER - Voice Only - 64 Shekels
One-time SIM card fee: 49 Shekels
Optional: add a virtual USA number for $15 per month

Misc. Info
APN settings

On Hot Mobile you can check how much data was consumed either by downloading the app or by texting גלישה  to phone number 530 from your hot mobile phone,you can as well try calling this number *6733.

Note by Menucha:
Please note: as of 4/1/13, most carriers reduce period of intro rates and at times increased cost for monthly intro. I suggest we leave the above as is, but please keep in mind new changed, which are not negotiable and based on govt agreements. monthly flat rate is still great and same. (post intro)
Also, while reps wont tell you, typically you will get longer intro rate if you activate account on your own on line, and not via rep (phone or store). confirmed with carrier. Enjoy! flat monthly, even without intro rate is still one of the lowest you will come across in the west!

Israeli cellphone rentals:

1) Talkinisrael.com
Phone: +972587564477
Whatsapp: +972536299365
Email: info@talkinisrael.com 
if you should have any problems feel free to send me a pm and I will try to help you the best I can.
Plans for sale here are primarily for long term rentals.(students and the like.)

2) Israel Rent-a-cell SIM card or eSIM with calling and data. Also you can get SIMs for Israel Kosher phones!
Contact at Israelrentacell@gmail.com or WhatsApp 972-55-333-1234
Overnight or standard delivery in USA/delivery in Israel! Pickup locations in Lakewood and Israel.
* Unlimited calls and texts in Israel
* Unlimited calls to USA, Canada and landlines in 35 countries
* Unlimited incoming calls
* 70 GB of data (can add an extra 80GB of data)
* eSIMs available!
* Free voicemail
Student discount available, $29.97 monthly, including tax! Never surprise charges or hidden fees!

3) Cellular Israel - 072-224-3300 or 718-289-0195 Full Service - short term and long term, rent phones, Kosher phones, SIM cards, mifi devices, Waze by the day or month. American Customer Service!
info@cellularisrael.com

4) Simforisrael@gmail.com free delivery to anywhere

5) UnlimitedIsrael (DansDeals Advertiser with many positive reviews on DDMS & DDF) is the leading provider of SIM card & iPhone rentals for Israel in the US.
  • Unlimited calls & texts within Israel
  • Unlimited calling to the US and Canada
  • Lightning Fast 4G Internet Speeds
  • Unlimited 4G data
  • Sim Cards - $5/day
  • iPhones - $45/week
  • Kosher Phone - $4/day
  • Mifi Hotspot - $6/day
Use code SUAVE10 for 10% off any order
« Last edited by shmuelb on August 06, 2023, 12:48:30 PM »

Author Topic: Cell Phones in Israel  (Read 1378855 times)

Offline tjak

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phones in Israel
« Reply #3700 on: February 17, 2015, 10:09:25 AM »

Golan has free service abroad on their 99 shek plan but since i signed up when their was a promotion for 59, even though its the same plan they say im not eligble. any way to get around that?
You can upgrade your plan to pay 99 shek for the month you want to use it abroad, but if you go back to 59 the next month you will lose your American number.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: February 17, 2015, 10:11:56 AM »

go back to 59 the next month you will lose your American number.
Definitely don't want to do that

Offline tjak

• View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: February 17, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »

Definitely don't want to do that
Then the only option is to stay at 99.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: February 17, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »
Then the only option is to stay at 99.
Also not an option. I'm convinced I will find someone who can do it for me

Offline The Guy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: February 23, 2015, 07:37:56 AM »
AFAIK the fact that Golan bills you on the 25th of the month means you will only b paying one month since they always bill you for the upcoming month and not the past month.
So up until the 25th of the month you kind of have 'free' service.
I'm saying this based on my experience when I signed up to them. However, that was a little over a year ago so things might have changed since then.

+1
from my own experience

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: February 23, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »
Thanks for all the help. I think I'm going to stick with my regular T-Mobile free international data and texting. Hopefully it will be fast enough and I should be fine for voice calls at $0.20 a minute, especially when you have free calls to the US if you're using wifi calling.

However, if the T-mobile data ends up being "not fast enough", does Golan sell SIM cards locally? Could I pick one up somewhere in Jerusalem?

Offline tjak

• View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: February 23, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »

Thanks for all the help. I think I'm going to stick with my regular T-Mobile free international data and texting. Hopefully it will be fast enough and I should be fine for voice calls at $0.20 a minute, especially when you have free calls to the US if you're using wifi calling.

However, if the T-mobile data ends up being "not fast enough", does Golan sell SIM cards locally? Could I pick one up somewhere in Jerusalem?
Yes.

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: February 23, 2015, 02:12:43 PM »

Yes. Plenty of locations. Geulah, Mammila, Davidka...to mention just a few.

Offline Mech

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE, United Silver, SkyTeam Silver
« Reply #3708 on: February 23, 2015, 04:36:48 PM »
Just spoke to Golan and they said there is a mivtza this week until Friday 12pm - free SIM cards with opening new line/plan.

Offline Yissroel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Cellularisrael.com
« Reply #3709 on: February 23, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
Yes. Plenty of locations. Geulah, Mammila, Davidka...to mention just a few.
Please keep in mind, when getting a sim from any location other then Golan website, the store/agent d oesnot get paid if you cancel within 3 months. im not telling one if there is a halachic problem, but how would you like if someone "uses" your time.
www.cellularisrael.com, Cheapest Cellphone Deals In Israel - Sales and Rentals

Offline yitzy93

• View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: February 23, 2015, 07:19:30 PM »
Please keep in mind, when getting a sim from any location other then Golan website, the store/agent d oesnot get paid if you cancel within 3 months. im not telling one if there is a halachic problem, but how would you like if someone "uses" your time.

They know very well what they're signing themselves up to when they become 'Golan Agents'
Every job has its ups and downs. No roses without thorns.

Offline moeg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: February 24, 2015, 09:00:55 AM »
They know very well what they're signing themselves up to when they become 'Golan Agents'
Every job has its ups and downs. No roses without thorns.
Yes they'r signing up to get commission after getting people to join the service.
They don't sign up to become every tourists free gemach.

Offline dschwarzmer

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: February 24, 2015, 09:30:03 AM »
moskim when i go to walmart i shoplift only small items because they know what they are getting themselves into and expect shoplifters and is not geneivah.....

Offline tjak

• View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:24 AM »

moskim when i go to walmart i shoplift only small items because they know what they are getting themselves into and expect shoplifters and is not geneivah.....
If Walmart policy is you can shoplift small items and just the cashiers don't like it cause they lose commission, then it wouldn't be stealing.

Offline yitzy93

• View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: February 24, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »

??????

If Walmart policy is you can shoplift small items and just the cashiers don't like it cause they lose commission, then it wouldn't be stealing.

+1000 😂

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »
Not minimizing this but professionally my time gets used a lot without payment. It's called business development. I've done proposals for potential clients all the time when we think they're probably just looking for a price check against their current provider. These proposals take a lot of time that our company doesn't get paid for. Business development time is the nature of doing business.

What is a tourist supposed to do if he needs a SIM card? Just keep paying for 3 months so the salesman gets a commission?

I'm not planning on doing it this way. I plan on using my T-Mobile data. But if it's not working out with the T-Mobile data I'm going to need a SIM card locally.

Offline Yissroel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Cellularisrael.com
« Reply #3716 on: February 24, 2015, 04:46:22 PM »
Not minimizing this but professionally my time gets used a lot without payment. It's called business development. I've done proposals for potential clients all the time when we think they're probably just looking for a price check against their current provider. These proposals take a lot of time that our company doesn't get paid for. Business development time is the nature of doing business.

What is a tourist supposed to do if he needs a SIM card? Just keep paying for 3 months so the salesman gets a commission?

I'm not planning on doing it this way. I plan on using my T-Mobile data. But if it's not working out with the T-Mobile data I'm going to need a SIM card locally.
true, business development is when there is a chance if you have a good product or competitive prices you will get a deal at the end of the day, [yes we do spend plenty of time with potential clients] 
yes a tourist can rent a sim just like he rents a car
www.cellularisrael.com, Cheapest Cellphone Deals In Israel - Sales and Rentals

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: February 24, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »

yes a tourist can rent a sim just like he rents a car
For quadruple the price

Offline moeg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: February 25, 2015, 02:29:18 AM »
For quadruple the price
car rentals are quadruple the price as well

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: February 25, 2015, 02:41:32 AM »
car rentals are quadruple the price as well
I'm not understanding the comparison, a car rental you have no choice but to rent a car. A SIM card you have a choice to buy one for a few weeks or rent one for quadruple the price.