Topic Wiki

*=More info below
Company  Price  Sim  Talk/SMS  Web  Free Int'l  Signup Bonus  Israeli CC  Real TZBlackerry
Hot99₪49₪Unlimited3GB31 countries49₪/6 months*  Yes*Yes*
Golan99₪49₪UnlimitedUnlimited  53 countries  ₪59 /1st yearYesNoNo
01292₪Unlimited3GB42 countries*44₪/6 months  YesYes29₪
Rami Levy89₪59₪Unlimited1GB  No1₪/3 monthsYesYesNo
PelephoneYes*Yes*Free
Partner129/135₪*0₪*Unlimited  1GB/3GBAdd'l 20₪NoNoNo*39₪
CellcomA lot of $180₪  NoNo75₪

Rule #1- The Israeli cell phone service market is difficult. But cheap.
Rule #2- It is illegal for a company to "lock you in" a contract. ALL plans may be cancelled at any time with no penalty. Though, they do prevent you from opening and closing plans by charging a sim card "fee". This fee must always be paid even if paid for once before, and ranges from 39₪ to 180₪.
Rule #3- For those places that need an Israeli credit card, you may need to get one from an Israeli bank with a passport and income information although YMMV.
Rule #4- It is rarely, if ever, worthwhile to rent a "vacation plan" or prepaid, as the price for a regular unlimted plan for a month is less that a vacation plan for a week. Get a GSM phone that covers 900/1800 bands and save your money
Rule #5- All Israeli plans, whether regular or prepaid, include free incoming calls/texts.

Hot- 99₪ a month - includes unlimited calls, text and data (3 gb, then slow) and unlimited to 32 countries. Free home internet supply included. They currently have an offer if you port a number from a different network, to get the first six months for just 49₪ a month. You can move your package to a 10₪ a month plan, which includes 50 minutes and texts. You can also freeze the line once a year for up to 3 months. Regarding signup- you can use an American CC and fake TZ over the phone as one user has done.

Golan - Service is passable, but can be subpar in certain areas. There are two plans with Golan. There's the 99₪ unlimited talk/text/internet/international calling plan, which also gives you up to 2 virtual foreign numbers. This plan also includes for many countries unlimited global data roaming (6GB high-speed), incoming calls & texts, and calls & texts to Israel. They also offer a ₪29 per day data-roaming plan which gives 100MB a day in these countries. These roaming options can be very useful for foreigners regardless of whether they need Golan for Israel. See their website for details.There's a promo deal to get the 99 plan for ₪59 /month for the 1st year. There's also a ₪10 a month plan, which includes 60 min for domestic/US & CA and landlines in many countries, unlimited SMS and 10 MB of Internet, with add'l mins ₪.18 domestic, ₪.08 to US/CA and landlines in many countries, and data ₪.09 /MB. Its great for those short trips here. SIM should work in an iPad for data; you can also order a car SIM which will allow you to have 2 SIMs which draw from same plan.
[To get the sim in the USA before your trip:  golanusa.net will ship it to you for $14 (more for rush) and the 49 nis for the sim. Golan bills on the 25th of the month.  The days before the first 25th are freeprorated.(So for a trip between the 26th and the 24th of the month, you don't pay the 59 nis or 99 nis plan fee.)]

012mobile - Runs on Partner service, you will get an 054 number (unless you ported). Unlimited - 49₪ for the first 6 months and 92₪ from thereon after for unlimited everything too. Includes 3GB Data and 500 minutes to US/CA (any phone) and 40 other countries (landlines only). 9₪ plan includes 60 minutes, 60 SMS, and 100MB data. Additional domestic minutes/SMS are ₪ .09, Int'l calls to to US/CA (any phone) and 40 other countries (landlines only) are ₪ .25 per min. Add'l data bundles are available starting from ₪ 19 for 1 GB. 5GB Laptop/Tablet (data only) is 98₪.

Pelephone - Online, they accept fake TZ and US CC.

Partner - 129₪ a month for unlimited talk, text, and 1GB. 135₪ for 3GB. Family plans are cheaper.Free sim for online orders. Extra 20₪/mo. for 500 min. int'l calling. Extra 39₪ for Blackberry. May need to give 500₪ deposit that you (may) get back when you cancel the plan.  One can freeze line without charges for up to 3 months when not needed (not sure if allowed more than once per 12 months).

Freedomhot.com - 2/19/2023 - They have local pickup in lots of major frum areas and delivery too. They accept US CC. Runs on Hot Mobile. Copying and pasting from their website.
All monthly plans include: Unlimited Calls & Texts to Israeli phone numbers Unlimited outgoing calls to USA and Canada and landlines to 33 additional countries.
Unlimited incoming calls and texts from anywhere in the world. Prices include all taxes.
59 Shekels - 70GB LTE Internet Data
79 shekels - 150GB LTE Internet Data
KOSHER - Voice Only - 64 Shekels
One-time SIM card fee: 49 Shekels
Optional: add a virtual USA number for $15 per month

Misc. Info
APN settings

On Hot Mobile you can check how much data was consumed either by downloading the app or by texting גלישה  to phone number 530 from your hot mobile phone,you can as well try calling this number *6733.

Note by Menucha:
Please note: as of 4/1/13, most carriers reduce period of intro rates and at times increased cost for monthly intro. I suggest we leave the above as is, but please keep in mind new changed, which are not negotiable and based on govt agreements. monthly flat rate is still great and same. (post intro)
Also, while reps wont tell you, typically you will get longer intro rate if you activate account on your own on line, and not via rep (phone or store). confirmed with carrier. Enjoy! flat monthly, even without intro rate is still one of the lowest you will come across in the west!

Israeli cellphone rentals:

1) Talkinisrael.com
Phone: +972587564477
Whatsapp: +972536299365
Email: info@talkinisrael.com 
if you should have any problems feel free to send me a pm and I will try to help you the best I can.
Plans for sale here are primarily for long term rentals.(students and the like.)

2) Israel Rent-a-cell SIM card or eSIM with calling and data. Also you can get SIMs for Israel Kosher phones!
Contact at Israelrentacell@gmail.com or WhatsApp 972-55-333-1234
Overnight or standard delivery in USA/delivery in Israel! Pickup locations in Lakewood and Israel.
* Unlimited calls and texts in Israel
* Unlimited calls to USA, Canada and landlines in 35 countries
* Unlimited incoming calls
* 70 GB of data (can add an extra 80GB of data)
* eSIMs available!
* Free voicemail
Student discount available, $29.97 monthly, including tax! Never surprise charges or hidden fees!

3) Cellular Israel - 072-224-3300 or 718-289-0195 Full Service - short term and long term, rent phones, Kosher phones, SIM cards, mifi devices, Waze by the day or month. American Customer Service!
info@cellularisrael.com

4) Simforisrael@gmail.com free delivery to anywhere

5) UnlimitedIsrael (DansDeals Advertiser with many positive reviews on DDMS & DDF) is the leading provider of SIM card & iPhone rentals for Israel in the US.
  • Unlimited calls & texts within Israel
  • Unlimited calling to the US and Canada
  • Lightning Fast 4G Internet Speeds
  • Unlimited 4G data
  • Sim Cards - $5/day
  • iPhones - $45/week
  • Kosher Phone - $4/day
  • Mifi Hotspot - $6/day
Use code SUAVE10 for 10% off any order
« Last edited by shmuelb on August 06, 2023, 12:48:30 PM »

Author Topic: Cell Phones in Israel  (Read 1354841 times)

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phones in Israel
« Reply #840 on: November 07, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »
I am hopefully going to E'Y soon and I'm just wondering whats the best deal for a cell phone for 10 days? Or maybe even 2 cell phones. I would also need Data. Any help would be appreciated.
Has anyone used Israel Unlimited? They're constantly posting on the DansDeals facebook page and their current deal seems phenomenal for a short term rental. $40/week for an iphone with unlimited everything. https://www.facebook.com/IsraelUnlimited. Anyone know if they are reputable?
Never got an answer so don't know about their reputability, but the deal seems sick to me.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 08, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
I am signing up for  Golan online. I am all the way through, getting stuck at the credit card point since I only have American credit cards. Any ideas? Is there a way to get through with an American card?

Offline mmermss

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 09, 2012, 12:55:40 AM »
I am signing up for  Golan online. I am all the way through, getting stuck at the credit card point since I only have American credit cards. Any ideas? Is there a way to get through with an American card?
They don't accept them anymore. Try getting a card from an Israeli bank
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline avielan

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 09, 2012, 01:10:29 AM »

Don't know if it was a fluke or because I signed up a few months ago with a US CC, but I had to change my CC and I had no problem switching to a different US CC.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 09, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »
Don't know if it was a fluke or because I signed up a few months ago with a US CC, but I had to change my CC and I had no problem switching to a different US CC.
A few months they allowed American ccs

Offline avielan

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 09, 2012, 01:50:43 AM »
A few months they allowed American ccs

I had to change my credit card yesterday because my original card was cancelled, and there was no problem putting in a new US CC.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 09, 2012, 02:01:06 AM »
I had to change my credit card yesterday because my original card was cancelled, and there was no problem putting in a new US CC.
Interesting...maybe once you're in with an American cc you can switch it to a different American cc

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 09, 2012, 02:41:49 AM »
I am hopefully going to E'Y soon and I'm just wondering whats the best deal for a cell phone for 10 days? Or maybe even 2 cell phones. I would also need Data. Any help would be appreciated.
IMHO and FME, go with HOT Mobile's 99 Shekel a month (50 for half/mo.) and a one-time 39 Shek charge for the Sim.
You'll get unlimited Talk to Israel (both Cell and Landline) and 31 Intntl countries (only landline) incl. USA (obviously landline AND cell), unlimited sms and data.

Go to HOT at Malcha Mall in Jerusalem (its on the 2nd floor, and its a stand/booth -not a store -I got lost) and tell them you don't have a Teudat Zehut, they'll prob. ask you for either a license or passport and will sign you up no problem.  Before you leave, make sure to get your "teudat zehut" number, don't believe them if they tell you that you don't need or have one, they're Israeli  liars, period.  You'll need your TZ to cancel/change the plan before you go back to the USA.

Shortly before you go back, go to any Hot! and change your plan to the 10 agurot plan (no monthly fee, just 10 agurot per min within Israel, no international calls 10 agu. p/sms, 10 agu. per/MB of data), so you'll keep your sim and number till the next time you return!

If you want to have internet/intnl calls till the second you leave, just keep in mind that their customer service line that is accessible from outside IL is an 05 number =mobile + crazy hold times =cost you a fortune, your choice.

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 09, 2012, 02:43:29 AM »
Anyone know what the deal with HOT mobile is?
They're currently offering "עוברים היום ולא משלמים עד סוף השנה" on their 89/99 plans.

Whats the fine print?

Offline sruly101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21:09 AM »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #851 on: November 10, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
Any idea how to unlock my Sprint iPhone 5 for use in Israel?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #852 on: November 10, 2012, 06:44:43 PM »
Any idea how to unlock my Sprint iPhone 5 for use in Israel?

Paging Cbs...

Caveat emptor: I don't know if Israeli carriers have the nano SIMs yet.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #853 on: November 10, 2012, 06:47:04 PM »
My iphone 5 has a slot for a nano sim somewhere?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 10, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
Paging Cbs...

Caveat emptor: I don't know if Israeli carriers have the nano SIMs yet.
I've been told but not confirmed that orange does.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #855 on: November 10, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
My iphone 5 has a slot for a nano sim somewhere?

How else do you plan on using it here?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 10, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
How else do you plan on using it here?

Honestly, I have no idea.

That's why I'm asking :P

Where's the slot?

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 10, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 10, 2012, 08:13:01 PM »
I deserved that. I just thought Sprint phones didn't even have a slot, nice.

So I'd need a nano sim, which only orange has?

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #859 on: November 10, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
Someone just told me that orange has and there free with there plan as opposed to golan which u have to pay 40₪ to get in addition
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.