Topic Wiki

*=More info below
Company  Price  Sim  Talk/SMS  Web  Free Int'l  Signup Bonus  Israeli CC  Real TZBlackerry
Hot99₪49₪Unlimited3GB31 countries49₪/6 months*  Yes*Yes*
Golan99₪49₪UnlimitedUnlimited  53 countries  ₪59 /1st yearYesNoNo
01292₪Unlimited3GB42 countries*44₪/6 months  YesYes29₪
Rami Levy89₪59₪Unlimited1GB  No1₪/3 monthsYesYesNo
PelephoneYes*Yes*Free
Partner129/135₪*0₪*Unlimited  1GB/3GBAdd'l 20₪NoNoNo*39₪
CellcomA lot of $180₪  NoNo75₪

Rule #1- The Israeli cell phone service market is difficult. But cheap.
Rule #2- It is illegal for a company to "lock you in" a contract. ALL plans may be cancelled at any time with no penalty. Though, they do prevent you from opening and closing plans by charging a sim card "fee". This fee must always be paid even if paid for once before, and ranges from 39₪ to 180₪.
Rule #3- For those places that need an Israeli credit card, you may need to get one from an Israeli bank with a passport and income information although YMMV.
Rule #4- It is rarely, if ever, worthwhile to rent a "vacation plan" or prepaid, as the price for a regular unlimted plan for a month is less that a vacation plan for a week. Get a GSM phone that covers 900/1800 bands and save your money
Rule #5- All Israeli plans, whether regular or prepaid, include free incoming calls/texts.

Hot- 99₪ a month - includes unlimited calls, text and data (3 gb, then slow) and unlimited to 32 countries. Free home internet supply included. They currently have an offer if you port a number from a different network, to get the first six months for just 49₪ a month. You can move your package to a 10₪ a month plan, which includes 50 minutes and texts. You can also freeze the line once a year for up to 3 months. Regarding signup- you can use an American CC and fake TZ over the phone as one user has done.

Golan - Service is passable, but can be subpar in certain areas. There are two plans with Golan. There's the 99₪ unlimited talk/text/internet/international calling plan, which also gives you up to 2 virtual foreign numbers. This plan also includes for many countries unlimited global data roaming (6GB high-speed), incoming calls & texts, and calls & texts to Israel. They also offer a ₪29 per day data-roaming plan which gives 100MB a day in these countries. These roaming options can be very useful for foreigners regardless of whether they need Golan for Israel. See their website for details.There's a promo deal to get the 99 plan for ₪59 /month for the 1st year. There's also a ₪10 a month plan, which includes 60 min for domestic/US & CA and landlines in many countries, unlimited SMS and 10 MB of Internet, with add'l mins ₪.18 domestic, ₪.08 to US/CA and landlines in many countries, and data ₪.09 /MB. Its great for those short trips here. SIM should work in an iPad for data; you can also order a car SIM which will allow you to have 2 SIMs which draw from same plan.
[To get the sim in the USA before your trip:  golanusa.net will ship it to you for $14 (more for rush) and the 49 nis for the sim. Golan bills on the 25th of the month.  The days before the first 25th are freeprorated.(So for a trip between the 26th and the 24th of the month, you don't pay the 59 nis or 99 nis plan fee.)]

012mobile - Runs on Partner service, you will get an 054 number (unless you ported). Unlimited - 49₪ for the first 6 months and 92₪ from thereon after for unlimited everything too. Includes 3GB Data and 500 minutes to US/CA (any phone) and 40 other countries (landlines only). 9₪ plan includes 60 minutes, 60 SMS, and 100MB data. Additional domestic minutes/SMS are ₪ .09, Int'l calls to to US/CA (any phone) and 40 other countries (landlines only) are ₪ .25 per min. Add'l data bundles are available starting from ₪ 19 for 1 GB. 5GB Laptop/Tablet (data only) is 98₪.

Pelephone - Online, they accept fake TZ and US CC.

Partner - 129₪ a month for unlimited talk, text, and 1GB. 135₪ for 3GB. Family plans are cheaper.Free sim for online orders. Extra 20₪/mo. for 500 min. int'l calling. Extra 39₪ for Blackberry. May need to give 500₪ deposit that you (may) get back when you cancel the plan.  One can freeze line without charges for up to 3 months when not needed (not sure if allowed more than once per 12 months).

Freedomhot.com - 2/19/2023 - They have local pickup in lots of major frum areas and delivery too. They accept US CC. Runs on Hot Mobile. Copying and pasting from their website.
All monthly plans include: Unlimited Calls & Texts to Israeli phone numbers Unlimited outgoing calls to USA and Canada and landlines to 33 additional countries.
Unlimited incoming calls and texts from anywhere in the world. Prices include all taxes.
59 Shekels - 70GB LTE Internet Data
79 shekels - 150GB LTE Internet Data
KOSHER - Voice Only - 64 Shekels
One-time SIM card fee: 49 Shekels
Optional: add a virtual USA number for $15 per month

Misc. Info
APN settings

On Hot Mobile you can check how much data was consumed either by downloading the app or by texting גלישה  to phone number 530 from your hot mobile phone,you can as well try calling this number *6733.

Note by Menucha:
Please note: as of 4/1/13, most carriers reduce period of intro rates and at times increased cost for monthly intro. I suggest we leave the above as is, but please keep in mind new changed, which are not negotiable and based on govt agreements. monthly flat rate is still great and same. (post intro)
Also, while reps wont tell you, typically you will get longer intro rate if you activate account on your own on line, and not via rep (phone or store). confirmed with carrier. Enjoy! flat monthly, even without intro rate is still one of the lowest you will come across in the west!

Israeli cellphone rentals:

1) Talkinisrael.com
Phone: +972587564477
Whatsapp: +972536299365
Email: info@talkinisrael.com 
if you should have any problems feel free to send me a pm and I will try to help you the best I can.
Plans for sale here are primarily for long term rentals.(students and the like.)

2) Israel Rent-a-cell SIM card or eSIM with calling and data. Also you can get SIMs for Israel Kosher phones!
Contact at Israelrentacell@gmail.com or WhatsApp 972-55-333-1234
Overnight or standard delivery in USA/delivery in Israel! Pickup locations in Lakewood and Israel.
* Unlimited calls and texts in Israel
* Unlimited calls to USA, Canada and landlines in 35 countries
* Unlimited incoming calls
* 70 GB of data (can add an extra 80GB of data)
* eSIMs available!
* Free voicemail
Student discount available, $29.97 monthly, including tax! Never surprise charges or hidden fees!

3) Cellular Israel - 072-224-3300 or 718-289-0195 Full Service - short term and long term, rent phones, Kosher phones, SIM cards, mifi devices, Waze by the day or month. American Customer Service!
info@cellularisrael.com

4) Simforisrael@gmail.com free delivery to anywhere

5) UnlimitedIsrael (DansDeals Advertiser with many positive reviews on DDMS & DDF) is the leading provider of SIM card & iPhone rentals for Israel in the US.
  • Unlimited calls & texts within Israel
  • Unlimited calling to the US and Canada
  • Lightning Fast 4G Internet Speeds
  • Unlimited 4G data
  • Sim Cards - $5/day
  • iPhones - $45/week
  • Kosher Phone - $4/day
  • Mifi Hotspot - $6/day
Use code SUAVE10 for 10% off any order
« Last edited by shmuelb on August 06, 2023, 12:48:30 PM »

Author Topic: Cell Phones in Israel  (Read 1355025 times)

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phones in Israel
« Reply #1200 on: January 01, 2013, 06:17:26 PM »
Mm, guy - my bad I thought you were still looking for a plan when you asked what else you can do...

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 01, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »
Mm - he will have to get a tz no?
We're going in circles with you, and you're making me dizzy already.  If you read the past hour of posts, everything should be clear.  Sorry, thanks.
Guy - sorry no offence intended.
No offense taken  ;D

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 01, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
i know that you can get a cc that way,but i was under the impression that it didn't work for the cell comp ,dos anyone have any more info on this
Yes. It works.
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 01, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
Az  - if you get a cc that way good. But you still need a tz  for the cell companies.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 01, 2013, 06:19:22 PM »
We're going in circles with you, and you're making me dizzy already.  If you read the past hour of posts, everything should be clear.  Sorry, thanks.
+1
Like I said...
You got to follow the thread  :P

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #1205 on: January 01, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
Yes. It works.
ur very wrong. At least with golan cellcom hmobile 012mobile and pelephone
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 01, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »
. But u have to add that these cell companies will not take passports anymore (i don't think - thats why i have been giving my muchedet/tz number)
But we're not talking about cell companies taking PP, we're talking about the bank.
The Cell companies take the Israeli CC which the bank gives you with your american PP.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 01, 2013, 06:21:19 PM »
Im wrong with the fact that a cell company will allow any bank?  I know they will need other docs that he might not have...But the cell company doesnt know from what bank he has an account with.

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 01, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »
Guy - I misunderstood you when you asked what else you can do. I thought you wanted another cell...

Offline az

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 01, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »
But we're not talking about cell companies taking PP, we're talking about the bank.
The Cell companies take the Israeli CC which the bank gives you with your american PP.
thankyou

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 01, 2013, 06:23:49 PM »
Take Pelephone out of the discussion, they want to have nothing to do with foreigners.
They didn't want to even waste their time with me, when I walked into their store in Geulah.  They said, TZ or bye bye.

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #1211 on: January 01, 2013, 06:24:57 PM »
K.  Lets get this straight.  Thise companies need both israeli cc and a TZ!!! (And actually Pelephone said not all israeli banks but my leumi was good)
Pelephone. Golan. Hmobile. 012mobile.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline az

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 01, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
Im wrong with the fact that a cell company will allow any bank?  I know they will need other docs that he might not have...But the cell company doesnt know from what bank he has an account with.
with a pp you get a student (or whatever) cc,that might be the problem

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 01, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »
So lets get clear: orange and cellcom is the only one w/o TZ. Golan, hot, pelephone need?

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 01, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
with a pp you get a student (or whatever) cc,that might be the problem
-1 Again

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: January 01, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »
K.  Lets get this straight.  Thise companies need both israeli cc and a TZ!!! (And actually Pelephone said not all israeli banks but my leumi was good)
Pelephone. Golan. Hmobile. 012mobile.
Tell me, who do these Pelephone  ppl think they are?  With all these crazy competition now, they're gonna be all this fussy and picky?  What, like their prices can compare to Hot, 012, Rami Levy, or Golan??  ::)

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 01, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »
Lol  rots  you beat me.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 01, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »
Ok...this discussion is going absolutely no where.  Its kinda getting stupid and out of hand.

Offline az

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 01, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
bthw i would ask around abt cellcom,i have friends that told me there horror stories abt ending a contract with them

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 01, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »
So lets get clear: orange and cellcom is the only one w/o TZ. Golan, hot, pelephone need?
Who said anything about cellcom?  You know that they don't require TZ?
Hot = YMMV
As far as Golan is concerned:
Sorry, shoulda been more specific. When you order online, don't leave it blank; fill in the TZ of your most recent Arab taxi driver, which you get from his receipt. ;D