Author Topic: New Line of Service No Contract  (Read 1129 times)

Offline plane.love

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
New Line of Service No Contract
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »
I spent a while taking care of sprint issues today :)
Basically my question is now the follows. I have an overdrive that has no service. I want a mobile broadband plan for it. If I add it as a new line is there any way not to have a two-year contract. It sounded like even tho I am providing my own equipment I must commit to a two year contract...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: New Line of Service No Contract
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:12:19 AM »
Best way is to buy from At&t or T-Mobile, get a penny smart phone & ebay it to cover the contract termination fees. This works best with those carriers since you can just move the SIM card, but perhaps you can do this with sprint too
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:18:27 AM »
I spent a while taking care of sprint issues today :)
Basically my question is now the follows. I have an overdrive that has no service. I want a mobile broadband plan for it. If I add it as a new line is there any way not to have a two-year contract. It sounded like even tho I am providing my own equipment I must commit to a two year contract...

AFAIK with Sprint you must have a 2yr with a new line, even if you BYOD.

Best way is to buy from At&t or T-Mobile, get a penny smart phone & ebay it to cover the contract termination fees. This works best with those carriers since you can just move the SIM card, but perhaps you can do this with sprint too

Did you even understand the OPs question? Also, Sprint uses CDMA, so no sim card.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:59 AM »
Well I think so. I just suggested he can go to another carrier, & maybe you can swap the device on the line with sprint too, in whihch case that will effectively be a contract free plan
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים