Author Topic: Interesting Articles...  (Read 957085 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Articles...
« Reply #8055 on: November 16, 2017, 05:45:09 PM »
Plenty of people pay for a luxury car. I think cost is higher than $300 on average for lease+insurance+maintenance. Also don't pay for tax+title+license. I think you are making it out to less than the actual
Like I said, it works if your other option is paying a lot for your desired car anyway. 'A lot' here doesn't mean you're getting ripped off, it just means a large amount. You can argue about whether most people are spending anywhere near $760/month for their car in total. I know I don't come close to that number and never have. I would think the average person ready to dive into a scheme like this doesn't either.

You want to tell me the average american spends more than that? That's almost certainly true. But the average american also wouldn't go anywhere near this type of thing.

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline a mirrer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: November 18, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #8059 on: November 19, 2017, 02:12:33 AM »
a) well done kuwait, you discriminate against your own kind and b) just a reminder that we're still in golus and the lengths our enemies will to knows no ends.

Just wondering... if they would've done it to a Jew everyone would've scream antisemitism. Now that you see that they follow through with their country's policy you're still criticizing it with "discriminate against your own kind". It's a national law that applies in many country and has nothing to do with Kuwait Airlines obviously. And at least it's fair that they don't discriminate Jews vs arabs who are Israeli citizens.

Offline shopfdder

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: November 19, 2017, 07:32:38 AM »
Just wondering... if they would've done it to a Jew everyone would've scream antisemitism. Now that you see that they follow through with their country's policy you're still criticizing it with "discriminate against your own kind". It's a national law that applies in many country and has nothing to do with Kuwait Airlines obviously. And at least it's fair that they don't discriminate Jews vs arabs who are Israeli citizens.

Meaning they hate Jews so much  they'll even discriminate against their in order not to have the possibility of having to fly one Yid (how many other countries are on their "black list")

Offline hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: November 19, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »
https://lifehacker.com/now-you-can-use-tsa-pre-with-five-more-airlines-1820577457/amp
I can't stop kicking myself for missing the May 2017 announcement that Turkish does TSA Pre! Could have helped me on my recent trip.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mlomni

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: November 19, 2017, 04:57:31 PM »
https://dashboard.jewishcontentnetwork.com/landing-pages/still-no-cure-for-pregnant-mother-of-large-family

This is more like an ad then a article. Can someone please help me understand why a sick mother with seven kids would go ahead and have a eighth child after the community raised funds for them to buy a better place to live. Now they are asking for more funding to raise their kids because both parent cant work. I just dont get it.

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: November 19, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »
https://dashboard.jewishcontentnetwork.com/landing-pages/still-no-cure-for-pregnant-mother-of-large-family

This is more like an ad then a article. Can someone please help me understand why a sick mother with seven kids would go ahead and have a eighth child after the community raised funds for them to buy a better place to live. Now they are asking for more funding to raise their kids because both parent cant work. I just dont get it.
Of course its an ad. Communicated content is YWN speak for ad. And only this surprises you?  Quick answer, Hashem gives us kids. Quicker answer, No BC allowed.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: November 19, 2017, 08:35:25 PM »

Some people will only use certain birth control that isn't as effective.

Some people think they're supposed to.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: November 20, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »
https://amp.businessinsider.com/secret-nyc-vintage-subway-2017-11
A couple of years ago I got to ride a nostalgia line with my kids from Kings Highway to Coney Island.

All I can say is that they don't build things today like they used to. There was no AC in those cars, but the wood detail, and the beautiful ceiling fans were really nice. It was also fascinating to read the ads.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: November 20, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »
Another piece of news from Israel, not letting the airline get away with excuses. Sorry couldn't find English source. Court ruled that even though delay was weather related, ELAL can't be let off the hook for the (mis-)treatment of stranded passengers, and awarded ILS 10,000 for each claimant + interest from time of claim.

https://www.themarker.com/consumer/tourism/1.4609455
-- Dan