Author Topic: Interesting Articles...  (Read 2348030 times)

Offline a mirrer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Articles...
« Reply #9320 on: August 02, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
Front page of the NYT a few days ago (below the fold)
that's why he didn't see it because he only sees the front half of the neighbors paper ;D

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: August 02, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »
that's why he didn't see it because he only sees the front half of the neighbors paper ;D
Isn't NYT AKA FakeNews?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #9322 on: August 02, 2018, 04:42:42 PM »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: August 02, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »
FTFY
FTFY = Head Buried in the Sand.  :)

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: August 02, 2018, 07:06:51 PM »
Isn't NYT AKA FakeNews?

Yes. The author of the peice on this law did not speak to a single supporter of the law (at least based on the quotes he included).

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #9325 on: August 04, 2018, 11:34:58 PM »
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: August 04, 2018, 11:41:40 PM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-30/world-s-biggest-toilet-building-spree-is-a-windfall-in-india

Two takeaways from the article:

1. Toilets are one of the most important and life changing inventions in over 100 years, yet I don't know how many people would name toilets if asked about the most significant invention that they use daily and take for granted.

2. While we haven't heard of investing in BRICs for a while, it seems like the I of the BRIC is where the opportunities lie.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: August 05, 2018, 01:08:30 AM »
https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/04/news/companies/wells-fargo-mortgage-modification/index.html

Amazing!

While I never helped anyone with a WF first mortgage, I have a friend who was repeatedly denied a modification by BOA (it didn't make any sense as the numbers worked and it was either a Fannie or Freddie loan). I eventually took a very unconventional route of calling out a BofA VP on this during a Q&A session on a conference call. It worked, and within 2 weeks we had a modification. There was a WF HELOC on the same property, and they just sent a letter one day that they are forgiving the balance.

I have another friend that had a WF HELOC that got a letter that they are forgiving the balance. Seems like they decided to do that for HELOCs that were in default. I wonder if it had anything to do with them discovering their other problems.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: August 05, 2018, 10:11:17 AM »
http://www.mishpacha.com/Browse/Article/10807/Wheres-the-Beef

The guiding philosophy of the ethical vegan movement is unabashed kefira. I can’t believe Mishpacha Magazine is giving a platform to these people

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #9330 on: August 05, 2018, 10:41:16 AM »

The guiding philosophy of the ethical vegan movement is unabashed kefira. I can’t believe Mishpacha Magazine is giving a platform to these people

Which one of the 13 principles does it contradict?

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: August 05, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »

I had a similar thought. They did try to deal with it though.

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: August 05, 2018, 11:01:34 AM »
I am vegan, not 100%, as I eat meat occasionally during the week and on shabbos/YT, but I am not eating meat for another rason as their crooked minds.

I think today's system of injecting our animals with all kinds of growth hormones and needles makes them sick and it transfers over to us. Their thinking is gross and against the Torah which does permit shechting and does not call it cruel. Unless they mean the cruelty happening before they're slaughtered, but that I compare them to the people that protested the killing of the polar bear bear last week.

Anyways, good luck to them with their way of thinking.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: August 05, 2018, 12:43:20 PM »

I'm inviting all those that protest against the use of chickens for kaporos to come to BP and williamsburg and see how the kids sleep
["-"]

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: August 05, 2018, 04:14:30 PM »
Which one of the 13 principles does it contradict?

Anyone who is familiar with Ethical Veganism knows that at the root of the movement is the rejection of the “commodity status” of animals- the idea that animals can be owned or used for human purposes. Vegans consider man,too, to be an animal, and as one species in the animal kingdom, man has no right to "exploit other animals" for his own needs. This idea that man is just another animal is not a philosophy that just happened to take root amongst the masses. It is promoted in the highest echelons of Academia, and at the most prestigious universities in the country. And there is a payoff for those preaching this philosophy; the corollary of this idea is that man has no true bechirah, no free will; man is just another animal, albeit a smarter animal, yet guided by the same instincts that predetermine his choices in life, just like all animals.Therefore there is no moral imperative for one to work on himself, no absolute good and evil, just the predetermined path in life that mans animal instincts lead him along. 

Yet the Torah tells us that man is not just another animal. Man alone has bechira, and the entire universe was created for man to exercise his bechira, his free will. Animals were created to provide food, clothing, and labor for man, the purpose of creation. And the Torah did not limit the use of animals to Avrohom, Yitchak, and Yaakov, and our other holy forefathers, although they certainly were able to elevate the animal to a lofty purpose, in their use of animals to further their serving Hashem on their exalted level. The Torah obligates every simple Jew to wear leather Tefillin on his arm, wool tzitzis on his body, place a mezuzah on his door, and read from a Torah made from animal hide. this is diametrically opposed to the adherents to the ethical veganism  philosophy, who place man and beast on equal footing; the movement is antithetical to the core principles of the Torah.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: August 05, 2018, 04:17:53 PM »
Anyone who is familiar with Ethical Veganism knows that at the root of the movement is the rejection of the “commodity status” of animals- the idea that animals can be owned or used for human purposes. Vegans consider man,too, to be an animal, and as one species in the animal kingdom, man has no right to "exploit other animals" for his own needs. This idea that man is just another animal is not a philosophy that just happened to take root amongst the masses. It is promoted in the highest echelons of Academia, and at the most prestigious universities in the country. And there is a payoff for those preaching this philosophy; the corollary of this idea is that man has no true bechirah, no free will; man is just another animal, albeit a smarter animal, yet guided by the same instincts that predetermine his choices in life, just like all animals.Therefore there is no moral imperative for one to work on himself, no absolute good and evil, just the predetermined path in life that mans animal instincts lead him along. 

Yet the Torah tells us that man is not just another animal. Man alone has bechira, and the entire universe was created for man to exercise his bechira, his free will. Animals were created to provide food, clothing, and labor for man, the purpose of creation. And the Torah did not limit the use of animals to Avrohom, Yitchak, and Yaakov, and our other holy forefathers, although they certainly were able to elevate the animal to a lofty purpose, in their use of animals to further their serving Hashem on their exalted level. The Torah obligates every simple Jew to wear leather Tefillin on his arm, wool tzitzis on his body, place a mezuzah on his door, and read from a Torah made from animal hide. this is diametrically opposed to the adherents to the ethical veganism  philosophy, who place man and beast on equal footing; the movement is antithetical to the core principles of the Torah.
Interesting read.

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: August 05, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »

Again, which one of the 13 principles are you referring to?  I suspect you are using the term Kefirah similarly to the way some people use the term racism. 

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: August 05, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »
Again, which one of the 13 principles are you referring to?  I suspect you are using the term Kefirah similarly to the way some people use the term racism. 
The 8th and 9th ani maamins?
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: August 05, 2018, 05:14:08 PM »

Read through the 13. I think it’s pretty clear. And it’s more than one.