Author Topic: Interesting Articles...  (Read 1311849 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint
Re: Interesting Articles...
« Reply #11325 on: November 09, 2020, 07:59:38 PM »
(Language warning.)

This is pretty crazy:
https://traffic.megaphone.fm/GLT4235939792.mp3

If you want to use some kind of podcast app instead,
look for Resistance, (episode 2) "Shake The Room."

Stop at 37:10 to avoid kol isha (that's also where the story ends;
if you want to listen to the credits, you can pick up at 37:33 and
stop after "See you all next week" before the song comes back.
> > >

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #11326 on: November 09, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/featured/1917945/ywn-editorial-the-ny-post-once-again-trashes-orthodox-jews-in-glaring-double-standard.html

I think this is BS. The paper didn't call out the Jews for not distancing. The last paragraph mentioned a history of Orthodox Jewish communities clashing with the government over large funerals. News articles make those connections all the time. Why didn't they mention it in the article about the Biden supporters? Why should they? How is it relevant?

Call out hypocrisy and anti-Semitism. This ain't it.
When you find yourself agreeing with me more often than not, it's time for a cheshbon hanefesh.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: November 09, 2020, 08:24:46 PM »
I think this is BS. The paper didn't call out the Jews for not distancing. The last paragraph mentioned a history of Orthodox Jewish communities clashing with the government over large funerals. News articles make those connections all the time. Why didn't they mention it in the article about the Biden supporters? Why should they? How is it relevant?

Call out hypocrisy and anti-Semitism. This ain't it.
I think this is BS.
Iím glad your living up to your reputation as an enlightened apologist.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #11328 on: November 09, 2020, 08:40:27 PM »
I think this is BS.

I'm not enlightened, and I'm not apologizing. The article was about the funeral, with quotes from the OU about Rav Feinstein, zatzal. The last paragraph says BDB has criticized the community for holding large funerals, and Cuomo has asked them to stop holding large gatherings because of Covid. Every FOX News article I read has the same seemingly random paragraph at the end of the article referencing some related history to the story.

I'm willing to bet you're one of the first to roll your eyes super hard when you hear people yelling racism when someone looks at them sideways. Talk about double standards.
When you find yourself agreeing with me more often than not, it's time for a cheshbon hanefesh.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #11329 on: November 09, 2020, 08:45:07 PM »
I think this is BS.
Youíve been making baseless ad hominem attacks lately and somebody needs to call you out. If you donít have anything substantive to add say nothing at all.

I donít fully agree with @Lurker. But itís perfectly fine for him to believe/say.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: November 10, 2020, 10:38:58 AM »
Youíve been making baseless ad hominem attacks lately and somebody needs to call you out. If you donít have anything substantive to add say nothing at all.

I donít fully agree with @Lurker. But itís perfectly fine for him to believe/say.
Iím glad to see youíre  doing your job.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: November 10, 2020, 10:50:57 AM »
I'm not enlightened, and I'm not apologizing. The article was about the funeral, with quotes from the OU about Rav Feinstein, zatzal. The last paragraph says BDB has criticized the community for holding large funerals, and Cuomo has asked them to stop holding large gatherings because of Covid. Every FOX News article I read has the same seemingly random paragraph at the end of the article referencing some related history to the story.

I'm willing to bet you're one of the first to roll your eyes super hard when you hear people yelling racism when someone looks at them sideways. Talk about double standards.
For reference. maybe you can point to a Fox News article on Rí Fienstein funeral pointing out how Cuomo criticized the Jewish Orthodox community etc.
Talk about being presumptuous.
When an injustice is done to a black person my default thought process isnít ďit must be racismĒ in the same manner when someone comes around my neighborhood on a fri. night shooting out car windows of vehicles owned by Jews I donít jump to ďmust be an anti Semite on a rampage.Ē Iíll wait for the facts to come out. But when there is a clear double standard and we refuse to call out, I call BS.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: November 10, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »
For reference. maybe you can point to a Fox News article on Rí Fienstein funeral pointing out how Cuomo criticized the Jewish Orthodox community etc.
When an injustice is done to a black person my default thought process isnít ďit must be racismĒ in the same manner when someone comes around my neighborhood on a fri. night shooting out car windows of vehicles owned by Jews I donít jump to ďmust be an anti Semite on a rampage.Ē Iíll wait for the facts to come out. But when there is a clear double standard and we refuse to call out, I call BS.

This has nothing to do with the subject of the article. This has been a pet peeve of mine for a while. It's not limited to FOX News; I've seen it on CNN, MSNBC, AP, and other sites. The standard article usually has a paragraph or two at the end which seemingly doesn't fit with the article itself. It's usually loosely connected, or references a previous development related to the rest of the article's content. I don't know why that paragraph is included. It could be to up the word count, to keep people on the site a little longer for revenue purposes, to generate clicks when those paragraphs link to the related content, or to make people search the site for the story on the previous development. Regardless of the degeneration of journalistic standards, it is still the norm to have that paragraph. With that context, I don't see the difference between the paragraph found at the end of the NY Post and similar paragraphs found at the end of most other articles.

Regarding your fairness in racism, that wasn't the point. I didn't say any injustice was done. In fact, I was referring to the overuse of the racism cry, and saying that we have the same issue of overuse when claiming anti-Semitism. Where we roll our eyes at the overuse in one instance, we're quick to try to justify it when it's us doing it. That's a double standard.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: November 10, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »
Regarding your fairness in racism, that wasn't the point. I didn't say any injustice was done. In fact, I was referring to the overuse of the racism cry, and saying that we have the same issue of overuse when claiming anti-Semitism. Where we roll our eyes at the overuse in one instance, we're quick to try to justify it when it's us doing it. That's a double standard.
When an injustice is done to a black person my default thought process isnít ďit must be racismĒ in the same manner when someone comes around my neighborhood on a fri. night shooting out car windows of vehicles owned by Jews I donít jump to ďmust be an anti Semite on a rampage.ĒIíll wait for the facts to come out. But when there is a clear double standard and we refuse to call out, I call BS.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: November 10, 2020, 12:04:12 PM »

And I'm saying this is standard practice in journalism today, meaning the double standard is imagined.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: November 10, 2020, 12:10:20 PM »
And I'm saying this is standard practice in journalism today, meaning the double standard is imagined.
So we should never call them out?!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: November 10, 2020, 12:12:50 PM »
So we should never call them out?!

Call it out! But if it's THE standard, then don't call it a double standard! They aren't singling you out. It's not anti-Semitism. It's bad journalism.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: November 10, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Call it out! But if it's THE standard, then don't call it a double standard! They aren't singling you out. It's not anti-Semitism. It's bad journalism.
Very punny but meaningless.
You keep on bringing up antisemitism. Was  I not clear enough in the previous posts? FTT.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: November 10, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
Very punny but meaningless.
You keep on bringing up antisemitism. Was  I not clear enough in the previous posts? FTT.

It's not punny. A double standard is when there is one standard for some, and a separate standard for others. The YWN called the NY Post article "a glaring double standard." I called BS. You decided I was apologizing for something. What am I missing?