Topic Wiki

1. Crown Heights, Brooklyn NY: Tues, 06/25/12. Cost: Free. Attendance: 120 (including jewda, bd"e). Location: Nosson's Shul. Organized by Nosson's Shul, Geshem Center, and Crown Heights Young Entrepreneurs. Men only.  Opening line: So the good news is that I hear there's no line for the lady's room.

2. Boro Park, Brooklyn NY: Sun, 05/05/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 450. Location: Bais Yaakov of Boro Park. Organized by DovTheBear.  Opening line: I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this internet asifa to learn about the dangers of the internet...

3. Lakewood, NJ: Tues, 05/07/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 275. Location: Park Terrace. Organized by Lakewood Lunch N' Learn, Plainbochur.  Opening story: Leaving with Mimi to Buenos Aires for a night on a glitch ticket an hour after ticketing

4. Chicago, IL: Thurs, 06/06/13.  Cost: $8. Attendance: 225. Location: WiFi Building. Organized by Kehilla Fund.  Opening story: Connecting in ORD on the way to a mystery destination trip with Mimi.

5. Cleveland, OH: M"S, 11/09/13.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 200. Location: Chabad of Beachwood. Organized by Chabad of Beachwood.  Opening story: Buenos Aires.

6. Los Angeles, CA: Mon, Dec 23 2013.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 375. Location: Kanner Hall. Organized by BigDanFan, Sharei Tefila.  Opening story: The LA roots of DansDeals.

7. Teaneck, NJ - Scheduled for Tues, 01/07/14. Cost: $10. Attendance: 400. Location: Ma’ayanot School for Girls. Organized by  AMIT of Greater Teaneck.  Opening story: "Does anyone have the password to this laptop?"

8. Five Towns, NY - Scheduled for Weds, 01/08/14  Cost: $10. Attendance: 550. Location: Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst. Organized by  Levi Yitzchak Family Center and Library.  Opening story:  woke up yesterday morn- house freezing cold- no electricity, flights delayed or cancelled power of HUCA and still made it!

9. Weston, FL 04/13-04/23  Attendance 200 (5 sessions, Closed to Smilow pesach attendees)

10. Miami, FL 06/19/14,  Cost: $10, Attendance 150

11. Boro Park 06/24/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 550

12. Monsey 06/25/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 400

13. Crown Heights 11/19/14, Cost $13,  Attendance 450

14. Kinnus Downtown Brooklyn 11/20/14,  Attendance 150 (Closed to kinnus attendees)

15. Jerusalem 03/07/15, Cost $13, Attendance 500

16. Whistler, BC 04/11/17-04/18/17  Attendance 400 (4 sessions, Closed to POTM pesach attendees)

17. Antarctica 12/10/20-12/20/18 Attendance 50 (4 sessions, Closed to Kosher Antarctica attendees)
« Last edited by Dan on March 09, 2021, 09:21:52 PM »

Author Topic: Host A DansDeals Seminar?  (Read 820107 times)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: Host A DansDeals Seminar?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 09:12:29 PM »
Or Just rent the small hall of ULY. I think it's $350 or so. If you have about 110 people and the all pay $5, the hall is covered.
Or the hall at Chovevei.

Offline SGF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
can it be broadcasted live on dansdeals.com for all those that arent in the states? ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 09:47:09 PM »
Or Just rent the small hall of ULY. I think it's $350 or so. If you have about 110 people and the all pay $5, the hall is covered.
Or the hall at Chovevei.
I actually emailed someone at ULY and she wanted a $450 payment up front, she didn't seem interested in having 100 people each making a $5 suggested donation.

I'd rather not have to lay out up front and then collect from people, I'd rather people just make a small donation directly to the host.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 09:47:19 PM »
can it be broadcasted live on dansdeals.com for all those that arent in the states? ;)
Nope, sorry.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »
I think that the more useful posts you have on DD, the less it should be the entrance fee.
FTFY

Offline ganizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
i dont know how it would go over with "management" here,  but we have a place able to sit 100 easily
but we are a 20 min drive from LA with a bad parking sitch

however to rent the community rooms in the parks in LA or surrounding areas, are not that expensive - maybe $80 an hr if a local reserves it, less if a non profit reserves it.

they also do the set up for u so no work involved

Offline stever

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 10:59:24 PM »
cmon Dan, LA is ur 2nd home ;)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 01:20:05 AM »
Past DDF DO's have shown that people are so eager to come, besides a select few (who are the advanced members for which the seminar will be less focused).

I don't believe you will reach 100, or even close to 100*.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, nor would I want someone laying out for a place, and get stuck with it.

*unless getting paid for it.

PS: seminar might sound different, as in more useful than a DO, but at a DO shticks were also given out albeit less than I suppose a seminar.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 04:43:34 AM »
I actually emailed someone at ULY and she wanted a $450 payment up front, she didn't seem interested in having 100 people each making a $5 suggested donation.

I'd rather not have to lay out up front and then collect from people, I'd rather people just make a small donation directly to the host.
In BP, you can get any standard size Simcha hall for $350, without paying upfront. Don't know if you have too many people in BP.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline moto

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »
The question its how many people are going to come to this anyways

Offline joesol

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 10:11:18 AM »
If its in NY I will def be there. Looking forward!!

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:18 AM »
Past DDF DO's have shown that people are so eager to come, besides a select few (who are the advanced members for which the seminar will be less focused).

I don't believe you will reach 100, or even close to 100*.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, nor would I want someone laying out for a place, and get stuck with it.

*unless getting paid for it.

PS: seminar might sound different, as in more useful than a DO, but at a DO shticks were also given out albeit less than I suppose a seminar.
will the seminar be for ddfers only or will it be put on the main site or will it be advertised as a community event for what ever city it happens in? If it is one of the latter two than I think you will get 100 people if it's only ddfers than I agree with sf that it's doubtful you'll get 100.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Host A DansDeals Seminar?
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
will the seminar be for ddfers only or will it be put on the main site or will it be advertised as a community event for what ever city it happens in? If it is one of the latter two than I think you will get 100 people if it's only ddfers than I agree with sf that it's doubtful you'll get 100.

would attract the audience from DD readers.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 10:52:04 AM »
It would be posted on the main site.  I'm pretty confidant there would be 100 interested people in NYC.

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »
Would it just be a recap off the information posted on the forums? Would techniques be disclosed that are not posted publicly?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »

You got me, although I wrote some mistakes:

Past DDF DO's have shown that people are so eager to come, BUT TACHLES, besides a select few PEOPLE DIDN'T SHOW UP (THOSE WHO DID, are the advanced members for which the seminar will be less LA'INYAN).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »
You got me, although I wrote some mistakes:

Past DDF DO's have shown that people are so eager to come, BUT TACHLES, besides a select few PEOPLE DIDN'T SHOW UP (THOSE WHO DID, are the advanced members for which the seminar will be less LA'INYAN).
This is not a DDF DO at all, I'm not sure why you keep comparing it to one.  Frankly I expect it to draw a very different crowd.

Would it just be a recap off the information posted on the forums? Would techniques be disclosed that are not posted publicly?
If you come you'll find out ;)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »
Well if publicly announced + main site, then yes, its in no way a comparison with a DO.

Offline asd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »
dan you might be suprised to know you have a big following in lakewood, im sure you could draw 100+ here easily.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »
dan you might be suprised to know you have a big following in lakewood, im sure you could draw 100+ here easily.
Nu, so find a org that wants to host a seminar :)