Topic Wiki

1. Crown Heights, Brooklyn NY: Tues, 06/25/12. Cost: Free. Attendance: 120 (including jewda, bd"e). Location: Nosson's Shul. Organized by Nosson's Shul, Geshem Center, and Crown Heights Young Entrepreneurs. Men only.  Opening line: So the good news is that I hear there's no line for the lady's room.

2. Boro Park, Brooklyn NY: Sun, 05/05/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 450. Location: Bais Yaakov of Boro Park. Organized by DovTheBear.  Opening line: I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this internet asifa to learn about the dangers of the internet...

3. Lakewood, NJ: Tues, 05/07/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 275. Location: Park Terrace. Organized by Lakewood Lunch N' Learn, Plainbochur.  Opening story: Leaving with Mimi to Buenos Aires for a night on a glitch ticket an hour after ticketing

4. Chicago, IL: Thurs, 06/06/13.  Cost: $8. Attendance: 225. Location: WiFi Building. Organized by Kehilla Fund.  Opening story: Connecting in ORD on the way to a mystery destination trip with Mimi.

5. Cleveland, OH: M"S, 11/09/13.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 200. Location: Chabad of Beachwood. Organized by Chabad of Beachwood.  Opening story: Buenos Aires.

6. Los Angeles, CA: Mon, Dec 23 2013.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 375. Location: Kanner Hall. Organized by BigDanFan, Sharei Tefila.  Opening story: The LA roots of DansDeals.

7. Teaneck, NJ - Scheduled for Tues, 01/07/14. Cost: $10. Attendance: 400. Location: Ma’ayanot School for Girls. Organized by  AMIT of Greater Teaneck.  Opening story: "Does anyone have the password to this laptop?"

8. Five Towns, NY - Scheduled for Weds, 01/08/14  Cost: $10. Attendance: 550. Location: Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst. Organized by  Levi Yitzchak Family Center and Library.  Opening story:  woke up yesterday morn- house freezing cold- no electricity, flights delayed or cancelled power of HUCA and still made it!

9. Weston, FL 04/13-04/23  Attendance 200 (5 sessions, Closed to Smilow pesach attendees)

10. Miami, FL 06/19/14,  Cost: $10, Attendance 150

11. Boro Park 06/24/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 550

12. Monsey 06/25/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 400

13. Crown Heights 11/19/14, Cost $13,  Attendance 450

14. Kinnus Downtown Brooklyn 11/20/14,  Attendance 150 (Closed to kinnus attendees)

15. Jerusalem 03/07/15, Cost $13, Attendance 500

16. Whistler, BC 04/11/17-04/18/17  Attendance 400 (4 sessions, Closed to POTM pesach attendees)

17. Antarctica 12/10/20-12/20/18 Attendance 50 (4 sessions, Closed to Kosher Antarctica attendees)
« Last edited by Dan on March 09, 2021, 09:21:52 PM »

Author Topic: Host A DansDeals Seminar?  (Read 820231 times)

Offline kracked dude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Host A DansDeals Seminar?
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »
maybe Mesila (www.mesila.org) can help organize something like this

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Host A DansDeals Seminar?
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »
There's a place called ahavas chessed that has a place on 271 Kingston ave. maybe ask them. I think 100 might be a squeeze. They charge about $275
Rabbi Lider (don't have contact info - ill let you know if I get it)
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Host A DansDeals Seminar?
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »
646-805-8405
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23:39 AM »
In AsherO's shul they do all kinds of functions and I believe they would be pretty easygoing about payment..
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 02:17:16 AM »
In AsherO's shul they do all kinds of functions and I believe they would be pretty easygoing about payment..

It isn't big enough for 100 people to comfortably attend, especially if you need space for a projector/screen. The shul only owns 50 chairs (though the shul is sometimes packed and many people have to stand).

Correction: It isn't my shul, it's (as stated it the post you linked to):

the shul I daven at
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
Nu, so find a org that wants to host a seminar :)
I could probably get you a place in Lakewood for pretty cheap.

I agree that you would have a large crowd if you came to Lakewood. Your name is often heard around town!

Then again, you probably have a lot of followers in Brooklyn. Once you're coming in, why not make 1 in NY and 1 in Lakewood?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 11:33:35 AM »
Then again, you probably have a lot of followers in Brooklyn. Once you're coming in, why not make 1 in NY and 1 in Lakewood?
I could.
I'm not really looking to rent a place and charge people though, I'd rather have people make a small donation directly to the hosting facility.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 02:20:16 PM »
Or Just rent the small hall of ULY. I think it's $350 or so. If you have about 110 people and the all pay $5, the hall is covered.
Or the hall at Chovevei.
chovevei said it's $500 for as long as you need and they would take the money after the event...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
chovevei said it's $500 for as long as you need and they would take the money after the event...
Did you give them the option of setting an entrance fee and taking all the profits no matter how many people showed up?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
Did you give them the option of setting an entrance fee and taking all the profits no matter how many people showed up?
He said he needs a guaranteed amount of $500 and if there is extra we decide what to do with it. If I do offer him your suggestion, what should I say the entrance fee will be? He suggested making the entrance fee $10 in case only 50 people show up...

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 03:29:15 PM »
If this is going to happen in or around Brooklyn then I hope you wait until bein hazmanim, you will most likely have a lot more people attending (myself included)!

Offline old time

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »
You might want to contact PCS in lakewood or an organization  called network and learn, and if you would consider this seminar educational, with valuable information it may very well be a standing only event!
I think dansdeals is recognized as a reputable and kosher business that can teach others a whole lot of valuable lessons in running a successful website... and since you added that adorable picture ka"h you have a whole new human feel, I really like it! Keep it up!

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »
This isn’t rocket science. Is the hang up the 500? I am surprised a member has not offer to put the 500 up front. How about tem members 50 each?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
This isn’t rocket science. Is the hang up the 500? I am surprised a member has not offer to put the 500 up front. How about tem members 50 each?
As long as we use that crowd funding site
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »
It's not a matter of the 500.  I'm not interested in people paying me for the event, I'd rather it be paid directly to whose pocket the money is going to-the host of the event.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
Are you offering? I hear were you are coming from though... I am working on a much bigger place in beis rivka letters but I won't have details for a week because it's very busy there now...

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »
It's not a matter of the 500.  I'm not interested in people paying me for the event, I'd rather it be paid directly to whose pocket the money is going to-the host of the event.
Make one of those funds and the beneficiary will be the host, you'll get to $500 and everyone will be happy.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2012, 05:35:11 PM »
Are you offering? I hear were you are coming from though... I am working on a much bigger place in beis rivka letters but I won't have details for a week because it's very busy there now...
If I was planning on attending I would be more than happy to put up the 500. You can charge a small donation to attend. The first 500 would go back to the person whom put up the 500 and the rest to the place hosting the event. How about a VFW post? My guess is they would jump at an offer like this.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
If I was planning on attending I would be more than happy to put up the 500. You can charge a small donation to attend. The first 500 would go back to the person whom put up the 500 and the rest to the place hosting the event. How about a VFW post? My guess is they would jump at an offer like this.
Wow a man that actually puts his money where his mouth is. Impressive I take my hat off to you :-)

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
Wow a man that actually puts his money where his mouth is. Impressive I take my hat off to you :-)
he said if he was coming not that he would do it
EDIT: HelpMe not saying you wouldnt just saying