Topic Wiki

1. Crown Heights, Brooklyn NY: Tues, 06/25/12. Cost: Free. Attendance: 120 (including jewda, bd"e). Location: Nosson's Shul. Organized by Nosson's Shul, Geshem Center, and Crown Heights Young Entrepreneurs. Men only.  Opening line: So the good news is that I hear there's no line for the lady's room.

2. Boro Park, Brooklyn NY: Sun, 05/05/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 450. Location: Bais Yaakov of Boro Park. Organized by DovTheBear.  Opening line: I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this internet asifa to learn about the dangers of the internet...

3. Lakewood, NJ: Tues, 05/07/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 275. Location: Park Terrace. Organized by Lakewood Lunch N' Learn, Plainbochur.  Opening story: Leaving with Mimi to Buenos Aires for a night on a glitch ticket an hour after ticketing

4. Chicago, IL: Thurs, 06/06/13.  Cost: $8. Attendance: 225. Location: WiFi Building. Organized by Kehilla Fund.  Opening story: Connecting in ORD on the way to a mystery destination trip with Mimi.

5. Cleveland, OH: M"S, 11/09/13.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 200. Location: Chabad of Beachwood. Organized by Chabad of Beachwood.  Opening story: Buenos Aires.

6. Los Angeles, CA: Mon, Dec 23 2013.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 375. Location: Kanner Hall. Organized by BigDanFan, Sharei Tefila.  Opening story: The LA roots of DansDeals.

7. Teaneck, NJ - Scheduled for Tues, 01/07/14. Cost: $10. Attendance: 400. Location: Ma’ayanot School for Girls. Organized by  AMIT of Greater Teaneck.  Opening story: "Does anyone have the password to this laptop?"

8. Five Towns, NY - Scheduled for Weds, 01/08/14  Cost: $10. Attendance: 550. Location: Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst. Organized by  Levi Yitzchak Family Center and Library.  Opening story:  woke up yesterday morn- house freezing cold- no electricity, flights delayed or cancelled power of HUCA and still made it!

9. Weston, FL 04/13-04/23  Attendance 200 (5 sessions, Closed to Smilow pesach attendees)

10. Miami, FL 06/19/14,  Cost: $10, Attendance 150

11. Boro Park 06/24/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 550

12. Monsey 06/25/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 400

13. Crown Heights 11/19/14, Cost $13,  Attendance 450

14. Kinnus Downtown Brooklyn 11/20/14,  Attendance 150 (Closed to kinnus attendees)

15. Jerusalem 03/07/15, Cost $13, Attendance 500

16. Whistler, BC 04/11/17-04/18/17  Attendance 400 (4 sessions, Closed to POTM pesach attendees)

17. Antarctica 12/10/20-12/20/18 Attendance 50 (4 sessions, Closed to Kosher Antarctica attendees)
« Last edited by Dan on March 09, 2021, 09:21:52 PM »

Author Topic: Host A DansDeals Seminar?  (Read 820051 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Host A DansDeals Seminar?
« Reply #560 on: June 27, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
You ask me a question via PM then post it on a public forum, pretty low if you ask me.
did he really?

@sprinbachur Wtf? And who cares anyway?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 27, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
Can the whole pro/anti woman discussion please happen somewhere else?
You people are getting annoying!!
By all means have the discussion, just not in this thread.

Harsh!
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline DrDanny

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 27, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »
Can the whole pro/anti woman discussion please happen somewhere else?
You people are getting annoying!!
By all means have the discussion, just not in this thread.
Not sure if your serious but btw the seminar happened already,
 now I understand its important to you that you find out who's in the picture....but really dude nobodys gonna tell you anyway!!
I don't think they will at least and nobody has yet

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #563 on: June 27, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »
Harsh!
right? I was just going to say I was on the crown heights bus and the men actually let women sit in the front :O
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »
You ask me a question via PM then post it on a public forum, pretty low if you ask me.
+1000
and the post was ridiculous too

Offline RJ898

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
Not sure if your serious but btw the seminar happened already,
 now I understand its important to you that you find out who's in the picture....but really dude nobodys gonna tell you anyway!!
I don't think they will at least and nobody has yet
I know. I was there. And for some stupid reason, the whole thing came up again.
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 27, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
did he really?

@sprinbachur Wtf? And who cares anyway?
Yes.

I could care less that he posted I am RC (I stated before I was raised RC) but I am pi**ed he would post info in a PM.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 27, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »
HELPME is a roman cathloic don't talk to him

I assume he was trying to make a joke, but...

pretty low if you ask me.

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 27, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »
Paging sprinbochur
Anything to say in your own defense
The jury is deliberating and its not looking good for you

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »
Paging sprinbochur
Anything to say in your own defense
The jury is deliberating and its not looking good for you

His post is a court martial on the spot, zero tolerance for bigotry :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »
I don't believe that at all. It's normal to be attracted to people of the opposite gender (it's normal and healthy), so the rabbis enacted gender segregation as a precaution to keep the genders from mingling (i.e. to demote promiscuity).

Only by people who see things in a warped way. Part of the problem (no offense) is when Orthodox Jewish people describe these rules the way you did. It isn't about separating women from men, it's about segregating genders. What starts off as semantics ends up giving people the wrong ideas.
Wow, you really have bad comprehension skills!!!! Of course it's normal to be attracted to all women - that'a the point! We dont intermingle ( I called it Separating men from women, you called it segregating genders), because if we do we'll be attracted to each other. It is asur to be mistakel al etzbah ketanah shel isha. Man, and I used to think you were smart.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »
BTW, HelpMe clearly stated once publicly on these forums that he was a RC.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
Wow, you really have bad comprehension skills!!!!

Maybe it's your writing skills.

( I called it Separating men from women, you called it segregating genders)

Not the same thing. Your statement makes it sound like men need to stay away from women, when really it's genders that need to say apart. Call it semantics, but your phrasing leaves a lot of space for people to get the wrong idea.

We dont intermingle ( I called it Separating men from women, you called it segregating genders), because if we do we'll be attracted to each other.

You obviously don't know the definition of attraction, it has nothing to do with proximity or mingling (i.e. you could stay away and not mingle and still be attracted, totally normal).

Man, and I used to think you were smart.

Sorry, takes one to know one :P

Booya!

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »
what i meant by You shouldn't be a attracted to other women i didn't mean it as its not normal, you shouldn't eat pork doesn't mean its not normal, it means it's forbidden, you shouldn't be attracted means its forbidden, its called hirhurim raim.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 27, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »
what i meant by You shouldn't be a attracted to other women i didn't mean it as its not normal, you shouldn't eat pork doesn't mean its not normal, it means it's forbidden, you shouldn't be attracted means its forbidden, its called hirhurim raim.

Really? Attraction is biological, like being hungry is. It has nothing to do with hirhurim, mistakel, or whatever other Hebrew words you choose (those are indulgences by choice).

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 27, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
Maybe it's your writing skills.

you may be right, i dont know if i was clear enough. btw i disagree, we specifically seperate men from women, bec. hirhurim is asur by men, the isur histaklus is on men. true we also segregate so not to intermingle. basically theres 1 reason that we seperate both from each other, and theres another one that we seperate men specifically.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 27, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
Really? Attraction is biological, like being hungry is. It has nothing to do with hirhurim, mistakel, or whatever other Hebrew words you choose (those are indulgences by choice).
if you see a woman you can be attracted to her which can cause hirhurim. therefore we dont mingle with women  and then we wont to be attracted  to them (which would be normal) as not to cause hirhurim which cause.... do i have to spell it all out for you. learn the sugya of histaklus, hirhurim its all there.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 27, 2012, 04:22:38 PM »
you may be right, i dont know if i was clear enough. btw i disagree, we specifically seperate men from women, bec. hirhurim is asur by men, the isur histaklus is on men. true we also segregate so not to intermingle. basically theres 1 reason that we seperate both from each other, and theres another one that we seperate men specifically.

So women can mingle with men, but not vice versa? ::)

if you see a woman you can be attracted to her which can cause hirhurim. therefore we dont mingle with women  and then we wont to be attracted  to them (which would be normal) as not to cause hirhurim which cause.... do i have to spell it all out for you. learn the sugya of histaklus, hirhurim its all there.

You can not mingle and you'll still see women, so if you can't control yourself you'll be nichshal anyway. Either way, I maintain that attraction <> hirhur, the former is natural, the latter by choice.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 27, 2012, 04:26:01 PM »
@AsherO, I think you should have realized what i meant, even if i do have bad writing skills,. I gotta go now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:29:15 PM by Lamdan »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 27, 2012, 04:28:54 PM »
redacted per Lamdan's request below

I lack respect for people posting opinions that come across as derogatory and make me and my ilk (yourself included) look bad. Feel free to start a poll in just shmooze about whether people think I have a condescending/disrespectful demeanor, and we'll see how the voting plays out.

I'm sorry if you were offended by my responses to your post, but I was offended by the content of your post (what you said, I couldn't have known what you mean).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:35:09 PM by AsherO »