Topic Wiki

1. Crown Heights, Brooklyn NY: Tues, 06/25/12. Cost: Free. Attendance: 120 (including jewda, bd"e). Location: Nosson's Shul. Organized by Nosson's Shul, Geshem Center, and Crown Heights Young Entrepreneurs. Men only.  Opening line: So the good news is that I hear there's no line for the lady's room.

2. Boro Park, Brooklyn NY: Sun, 05/05/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 450. Location: Bais Yaakov of Boro Park. Organized by DovTheBear.  Opening line: I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this internet asifa to learn about the dangers of the internet...

3. Lakewood, NJ: Tues, 05/07/13.  Cost: $5. Attendance: 275. Location: Park Terrace. Organized by Lakewood Lunch N' Learn, Plainbochur.  Opening story: Leaving with Mimi to Buenos Aires for a night on a glitch ticket an hour after ticketing

4. Chicago, IL: Thurs, 06/06/13.  Cost: $8. Attendance: 225. Location: WiFi Building. Organized by Kehilla Fund.  Opening story: Connecting in ORD on the way to a mystery destination trip with Mimi.

5. Cleveland, OH: M"S, 11/09/13.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 200. Location: Chabad of Beachwood. Organized by Chabad of Beachwood.  Opening story: Buenos Aires.

6. Los Angeles, CA: Mon, Dec 23 2013.   Cost: $10. Attendance: 375. Location: Kanner Hall. Organized by BigDanFan, Sharei Tefila.  Opening story: The LA roots of DansDeals.

7. Teaneck, NJ - Scheduled for Tues, 01/07/14. Cost: $10. Attendance: 400. Location: Ma’ayanot School for Girls. Organized by  AMIT of Greater Teaneck.  Opening story: "Does anyone have the password to this laptop?"

8. Five Towns, NY - Scheduled for Weds, 01/08/14  Cost: $10. Attendance: 550. Location: Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst. Organized by  Levi Yitzchak Family Center and Library.  Opening story:  woke up yesterday morn- house freezing cold- no electricity, flights delayed or cancelled power of HUCA and still made it!

9. Weston, FL 04/13-04/23  Attendance 200 (5 sessions, Closed to Smilow pesach attendees)

10. Miami, FL 06/19/14,  Cost: $10, Attendance 150

11. Boro Park 06/24/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 550

12. Monsey 06/25/14, Cost $12,  Attendance 400

13. Crown Heights 11/19/14, Cost $13,  Attendance 450

14. Kinnus Downtown Brooklyn 11/20/14,  Attendance 150 (Closed to kinnus attendees)

15. Jerusalem 03/07/15, Cost $13, Attendance 500

16. Whistler, BC 04/11/17-04/18/17  Attendance 400 (4 sessions, Closed to POTM pesach attendees)

17. Antarctica 12/10/20-12/20/18 Attendance 50 (4 sessions, Closed to Kosher Antarctica attendees)
« Last edited by Dan on March 09, 2021, 09:21:52 PM »

Author Topic: Host A DansDeals Seminar?  (Read 828195 times)

Offline RT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Host A DansDeals Seminar?
« Reply #2220 on: May 29, 2013, 01:09:13 PM »
Ugh. Repost X 100. No.
Sorry I didn't read all 149 pages of this thread. Why is it such a bad idea?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2221 on: May 29, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
Sorry I didn't read all 149 pages of this thread. Why is it such a bad idea?
You don't have to read 149 pages, just type webinar into the search box.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2222 on: May 29, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
I don't think I can get away for 3 hours, can you do a webinar? We would still pay to watch it..
The seminar itself is probably 2:15 and Q&A take up 45 more minutes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline judahk88

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »
The seminar itself is probably 2:15 and Q&A take up 45 more minutes.
plus one can always leave early if need be.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2224 on: May 29, 2013, 03:41:19 PM »
173 seats sold.
We're gonna oversell this thing by 15 to 185 and then close shop.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #2225 on: May 29, 2013, 04:35:15 PM »
173 seats sold.
We're gonna oversell this thing by 15 to 185 and then close shop.

Can one volunteer their seat if all paid customers show up? Whats the compensation going rate? ;)
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #2226 on: May 29, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
Can one volunteer their seat if all paid customers show up? Whats the compensation going rate? ;)
Yes you will be bumped to the next seminar regardless of the city its in. You pay for the airfare

Offline chaimmayer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 29, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »
looks like there may be a market to stubhub lit :D

Offline fradl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 30, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »
Dan, I am so puzzled and I hope you can clarify.  I actually attended both of your seminars. I thought I understood you when you said that to improve someone's credit rating, they should be added as an authorized user to an older account, like their parent's account that has existed 15 years or so. So, I called to have my son added as an authorized user to an account that I had since 2001. The csr said that I have to have him apply as a co-applicant in order for this to occur. I huca'd and was told that all I have to do is add his SS# and then it will show in his credit report. I then huca'd again and the 3rd csr agreed with the first, saying he does have to be a co-applicant (Meaning I think that this entails a credit pull) and if approved, his card will show ownership since 2013.. Which one is it????THank you in advance

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 30, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »
Dan, I am so puzzled and I hope you can clarify.  I actually attended both of your seminars. I thought I understood you when you said that to improve someone's credit rating, they should be added as an authorized user to an older account, like their parent's account that has existed 15 years or so. So, I called to have my son added as an authorized user to an account that I had since 2001. The csr said that I have to have him apply as a co-applicant in order for this to occur. I huca'd and was told that all I have to do is add his SS# and then it will show in his credit report. I then huca'd again and the 3rd csr agreed with the first, saying he does have to be a co-applicant (Meaning I think that this entails a credit pull) and if approved, his card will show ownership since 2013.. Which one is it????THank you in advance
Why don't you add his social like the 2nd csr said and see if it works. I've done it even though the csr said that it wouldn't work, and apparently they were wrong. The csr doesn't make decisions they are answering based on their knowledge which may or may not be correct. Since there is nothing to lose, you can give it a try and let everyone else know if csr's 1 and 3 were right in this case, or if #2 is. It also may depend on the company the account is with and your son's ymmv luck...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2230 on: May 30, 2013, 02:10:29 PM »
Um, why didn't you add his social when the second rep agreed with you? One quick lesson don't believe phone reps.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #2231 on: May 30, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »
What card is it
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline fradl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: May 30, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »
it is a bank of america bankamericard cash rewards card. What happened was that first I called to have him added as an authorized user. When I requested the card, I was prepared to give the SS#. The csr said that they don't need the ss# and the only way it will go on his credit report is if he applies as a co-applicant once we receive the card. So we did that this past Sunday.  My husband did the speaking since he was the primary card holder.  I did not realize that co-applicant was in effect applying for the card which would include a credit pull, until I heard the info my son was giving the csr. I then called back and met up with csr#2. I decided to call again today since I thought more informed people would be working on a weekday.  BTW I also asked for an authorized user card for my daughter at the same time.  Both cards have arrived and they both say cardholder since '01, so I suspect that it does show as an old user. I am still not sure how this card will affect my kids' credit rating. Any help out there???

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2233 on: May 30, 2013, 03:17:15 PM »
it is a bank of america bankamericard cash rewards card. What happened was that first I called to have him added as an authorized user. When I requested the card, I was prepared to give the SS#. The csr said that they don't need the ss# and the only way it will go on his credit report is if he applies as a co-applicant once we receive the card. So we did that this past Sunday.  My husband did the speaking since he was the primary card holder.  I did not realize that co-applicant was in effect applying for the card which would include a credit pull, until I heard the info my son was giving the csr. I then called back and met up with csr#2. I decided to call again today since I thought more informed people would be working on a weekday.  BTW I also asked for an authorized user card for my daughter at the same time.  Both cards have arrived and they both say cardholder since '01, so I suspect that it does show as an old user. I am still not sure how this card will affect my kids' credit rating. Any help out there???

I didn't attend seminars and know infinitely less than Dan, but I thought AU's CR can only benefit if it's Amex.

Offline birne

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 30, 2013, 04:24:42 PM »
I didn't attend seminars and know infinitely less than Dan, but I thought AU's CR can only benefit if it's Amex.
+1
WHY NOT?!?!

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #2235 on: May 30, 2013, 04:44:09 PM »
What Dan said was correct and don't listen to the CSR. They have a 50/50 chance of being wrong or right.  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 30, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
They have a 50/50 chance of being wrong or right.  :)
Probably depends on how many yes, nos, or maybes are on their magic 8 ball.

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 30, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
and know infinitely less than Dan...
Mathematically speaking, that's infinitely impossible.

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 30, 2013, 05:07:51 PM »
Mathematically speaking, that's infinitely impossible.

It's called the kiss-up syndrome...
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #2239 on: May 30, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
It's called the kiss-up syndrome...
or hes being humble bec he truly knows a heck of a lot about cc and such
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.