Author Topic: The Thread For Lazy And Argumentative People  (Read 16424 times)

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
Re: The Thread For Lazy People
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
+1
you dont get more posts in just shmooze
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
So what should the OP do? Tell everyone to search in the CC forum to pad the post count like many here do?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
correct
This board was created for all you guys who want to simply talk about nothing. Please adhere to the following rules for this board:

-Please DO NOT post deals or any other useful information in this board. If anything you are about to say is useful, post it in the General Discussion or any other board it may fit into.

-Flaming is allowed in this board ONLY. But try to keep it civil, people.

-Posts to this board WILL NOT count towards your total forum posts. There is therefore no reason to post 4 times just to say one thing, or to simply reply to a post with "I agree". But then again, feel free to do what you want.

-Even on this board there are no advertisements allowed whatsoever.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:53:36 PM by Dan »

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
-Flaming is allowed in this board ONLY. But try to keep it civil, people.
You just made my day!  ;D

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
yay stupid meshugener wahooo!

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »
yay stupid meshugener wahooo!
i'm meshuga, but not stupid.           And when I want to point out a problem in this forum, try to correct it, +1 for ppl who agree with me and understand my point, i don't mean to rack up posts, since I have no good feeling to see on my profile how much time I kill here. (but maybe its your good feeling? Bunch fun, kid!)
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
i'm meshuga, but not stupid.           And when I want to point out a problem in this forum, try to correct it, +1 for ppl who agree with me and understand my point, i don't mean to rack up posts, since I have no good feeling to see on my profile how much time I kill here. (but maybe its your good feeling? Bunch fun, kid!)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »
I don't think it is a problem in the forums. What you are asking for is more of a wiki of information. Which I agree there should be a better wiki so someone doesn't have to read the whole forums to find his answer (especially if its a FAQ.) If you want to really help contribute you can feel free to compile information you read and form wiki pages. Or pay one of the senior forum members to do it for you. But to expect someone to basically start a new whole forums just because your to lazy to read through the one that already exists is a bit silly and kind of counter-intuitive to what a forum is. A proper wiki would be much more beneficial to everyone.   
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
Now now, kinderlach...

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
I don't think it is a problem in the forums. What you are asking for is more of a wiki of information. Which I agree there should be a better wiki so someone doesn't have to read the whole forums to find his answer (especially if its a FAQ.) If you want to really help contribute you can feel free to compile information you read and form wiki pages. Or pay one of the senior forum members to do it for you. But to expect someone to basically start a new whole forums just because your to lazy to read through the one that already exists is a bit silly and kind of counter-intuitive to what a forum is. A proper wiki would be much more beneficial to everyone.
This forum is not that big. To see so many “search” or “posted already” comments is ridicules. Are there any members here that do a search first for every question they ask?

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
Why would someone care how many posts he has? Tis the quality of the posts that makes a difference, not the quantity.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 04:47:13 PM »
This forum is not that big. To see so many “search” or “posted already” comments is ridicules.

i think thats part of the problem. it's not that big and yet still every third post is someone asking one a few questions again. i think most people started off with the mentality that the "search" comments were pointless and a waste of time but after being on here for a little while got fed up with seeing the same q's over and over and over again. The solution would be as said above to make a wiki with the faq's and this has been suggested a few times but as of yet no one has been willing to create one

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
i think thats part of the problem. it's not that big and yet still every third post is someone asking one a few questions again. i think most people started off with the mentality that the "search" comments were pointless and a waste of time but after being on here for a little while got fed up with seeing the same q's over and over and over again. The solution would be as said above to make a wiki with the faq's and this has been suggested a few times but as of yet no one has been willing to create one
I hear what you are saying. I watched FT grow from the beginning. I have been a long standing member of FWF and CB. There is no way to stop someone from posting without searching. The larger the forum the more this is going to happen and the funny part is you will see less of the stupid “search” comments.

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:09 PM »
I hear what you are saying. I watched FT grow from the beginning. I have been a long standing member of FWF and CB. There is no way to stop someone from posting without searching. The larger the forum the more this is going to happen and the funny part is you will see less of the stupid “search” comments.

correct. now over there if you try asking a newbie q you'll usually either get completely ignored or you'll get some sarcastic remarks. how is that any better?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »
correct. now over there if you try asking a newbie q you'll usually either get completely ignored or you'll get some sarcastic remarks. how is that any better?
It is not any better.

Offline SGF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:19 PM »
Why would someone care how many posts he has? Tis the quality of the posts that makes a difference, not the quantity.
not sure why but maybe because of this

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 03:25:03 AM »
I'm not usually the type to send people to search, however, it becomes bothersome, and very time consuming to answer them on the forum or via pm, especially if its quite a general and broad question, and a lengthy answer is at order.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
The Thread For Lazy People
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
To expect someone to do a search every time before they ask a question is both insane and stupid.
Are there any members here that do a search first for every question they ask?
I make a great effort to.
(i'm not saying yes just in case you go searching for a question that I doubled just to dis me) and usually I do search. It only makes sense that way
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:22:07 AM by Cbs »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »
I make a great effort to.
(i'm not saying yes just in case you go searching for a question that I doubled just to dis me) and usually I do search. It only makes sense that way

You don't need to defend yourself to him. It's rather apparent lazy people love company.

The fact is, if people would search before they posted even only 50% of the time, this forum would be a significantly less cluttered.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
The Thread For Lazy People
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »
You don't need to defend yourself to him. It's rather apparent lazy people love company.

The fact is, if people would search before they posted even only 50% of the time, this forum would be a significantly less cluttered.
Correct you are. And I'm not trying to defend myself, he asked if anyone does so I said I do, and from my experience with him, I know he's gonna try to find a way I'm wrong. (or maybe not bec he refuses to search for it! :P )