Author Topic: Insurance company claims to see big charges on my credit card...  (Read 949 times)

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Insurance company claims to see big charges on my credit card...
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:24 AM »
I saw an unrecognized charge from Travel-ex. which I later found out that is was my brother in law using my credit card.

Meanwhile, I called the Insurance company, and Inquired to see which person used my insurance for his policy. They did a system check, and they came back with 5 policies charged on my credit card, all about the same 4 days. they are big charges in the $600 range all of them. They even sent me by email all the policy numbers, and with all the info on it (although I'm not getting, how they sent personal info to a stranger).

I right away called Amex, and they claim that they don't see any charges - not even pending - other than that one charge for my brother in law.

Do I have to be worried?
After all the Insurance company has in their system my credit card for these policies.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance company claims to see big charges on my credit card...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
They even sent me by email all the policy numbers, and with all the info on it (although I'm not getting, how they sent personal info to a stranger).

omg. thats bad