Author Topic: Credit  (Read 5890 times)

Offline Reb Jo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Credit
« on: February 16, 2012, 03:00:17 AM »
Does it make a deference on your credit if every month, on every card, you spend $1 and pay it? 
Hertz President Circle!
And awesome!

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Credit
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:06:55 AM »
Does it make a deference on your credit if every month, on every card, you spend $1 and pay it?
very not specific!
difference vs what?
if you mean vs having a 0 balance, then the ans is NO a statement closing of 0 balance is they same as a statement with 1$ balance, as far as your credit report
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Reb Jo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Credit
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:10:14 AM »
is it better for your  credit that you psid something off, or is it the same that its a 0 balance?
Hertz President Circle!
And awesome!

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:14:07 AM »
is it better for your  credit that you psid something off, or is it the same that its a 0 balance?
PAID what off ? in general your CR only contains statement balances not the date or amount you paid off unless your making a late payment,
a ratio of 5%-10% of your credit used is considered to be the best for your credit
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Reb Jo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:15:58 AM »
and i dont have any thing to pay off is that the same?
Hertz President Circle!
And awesome!

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:03 AM »
and i dont have any thing to pay off is that the same?
if you dont have anything to pay off thats a 0 balance which is the same as 1$ balance,
but again having a 5-10% ratio 'might' be better
I'm just say'in©®

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 09:38:25 AM »
very not specific!
difference vs what?
if you mean vs having a 0 balance, then the ans is NO a statement closing of 0 balance is they same as a statement with 1$ balance, as far as your credit report

Having $1 on your statement not only prevents being shutdown for "inactivity" but according to reports, people with 1% util % have, on average, scores that are 60+ points higher than those with 0%.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »
-scores that are 60+ points higher than those with 0%.
FICO or FACO? 
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »

Having $1 on your statement not only prevents being shutdown for "inactivity" but according to reports, people with 1% util % have, on average, scores that are 60+ points higher than those with 0%.

FICO or FACO?
+1
on FACO [especially when you look at it through credit carma] they're might be a difference, and even there only when the ratio is from 5%to10% then your score will be higher vs 0% your score will be lower,
HOWEVER on FICO, your wrong, from experience: my wife had 0% ratio for ages on two cards, her FICO [via myfico.com] was 806, lately she started spending on her cards for a couple of months, still her score is 806
I'm just say'in©®

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »
FICO or FACO?

If I had to guess, FAKO.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »
If I had to guess, FAKO.
Then I'm not sure what your point is.  I can make my own FAKO scoring system now and give 999 points for picking your nose, but no credit card is going to use my FAKO.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 12:53:23 PM »
Then I'm not sure what your point is.  I can make my own FAKO scoring system now and give 999 points for picking your nose, but no credit card is going to use my FAKO.

Point is simple, you picking my nose aside:

1) Having $1 on your statement prevents being shutdown for "inactivity", and
2) having a 1% util % shows an active credit profile with positive payment history. Lenders (no matter who they are) like to see that you can use a credit card and pay it off on time whether or not they use FICO/FAKO/proprietary.

HOWEVER on FICO, your wrong, from experience: my wife had 0% ratio for ages on two cards, her FICO [via myfico.com] was 806, lately she started spending on her cards for a couple of months, still her score is 806

You realize that proves nothing, right?

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Credit
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
Point is simple, you picking my nose aside:

2) having a 1% util % shows an active credit profile with positive payment history. Lenders (no matter who they are) like to see that you can use a credit card and pay it off on time (whether or not they use FICO/FAKO/proprietary.
so why are you saying..

people with 1% util % have, on average, scores that are 60+ points higher than those with 0%.
I'm just say'in©®

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »

You realize that proves nothing, right?
no! your absolutely wrong FICO doesn't change whether 0% util or 1% util
you might have read 'reports‘ I'm talking from experience
I'm just say'in©®

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »
no! your absolutely wrong FICO doesn't change whether 0% util or 1% util
you might have read 'reports‘ I'm talking from experience

Hmm... how do I explain this...

If 10 factors influence a score and you manipulate one, it is illogical to then start yelling how you've found conclusive proof that your factor (in this case util %) was the factor that compelled the movement (or lack thereof). 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »
1st of all the CBs doesn't always track by the statement balance date, it can also be a random date.
2nd of all as far as activity goes, just spending a $1 and paying it off will keep the card active.  There's no need to wait for the statement to pay the $1 nor any guarantee that if its on the statement will that be the day balances are reported.

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
Hmm... how do I explain this...

If 10 factors influence a score and you manipulate one, it is illogical to then start yelling how you've found conclusive proof that your factor (in this case util %) was the factor that compelled the movement (or lack thereof).
1) you said its a difference of 60! points,
2) credit util affects 35% of the score, so its not just 1 factor out of 10
3) I have heard it from other people as well [you can try to check it yourself]
3) I wasn't yelling
I'm just say'in©®

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 01:18:42 PM »
in general your CR only contains statement balances not the date or amount you paid off unless your making a late payment,

on some reports that i have seen it reports evan $1and says 'paid as agreed'
using your card and paying it def makes a dif for getting approved for a cc app. even if it doesnt make your score go up, the bank like to see constant use and payments

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
2nd of all as far as activity goes, just spending a $1 and paying it off will keep the card active.

Good point.

1) you said its a difference of 60! points,
2) credit util affects 35% of the score, so its not just 1 factor out of 10
3) I have heard it from other people as well [you can try to check it yourself]
3) I wasn't yelling

1) No, reports have said 60 points, and I stated that to begin with. I don't work for FICO and neither do you.
2) "If" started a hypothetical. I could have said 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 100. My hypothetical, my language. In any case, 35% isn't significant enough to be conclusive when the remaining factors account for 65%. In fact, even if those values were transposed, it still wouldn't be conclusive.
3) Even if what you're saying is true and you've polled your acquaintances to determine this precise scenario, it's still just anecdotal evidence.
4) Then I must have misunderstood what "!" means. Either way, chillax.

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Credit
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
Good point.

1) No, reports have said 60 points, and I stated that to begin with. I don't work for FICO and neither do you.
2) "If" started a hypothetical. I could have said 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 100. My hypothetical, my language. In any case, 35% isn't significant enough to be conclusive when the remaining factors account for 65%. In fact, even if those values were transposed, it still wouldn't be conclusive.
3) Even if what you're saying is true and you've polled your acquaintances to determine this precise scenario, it's still just anecdotal evidence.
4) Then I must have misunderstood what "!" means. Either way, chillax.
1) I doubt it you saw any report stating that
2)the remaining factors in my case didn't have any bad affect on her CR [no late payments,no collections,no change in credit age etc.]
3)isn't caps lock what you call screaming? but I guess when some1 disagrees with you, you can tell him whatever you have handy
4) you may possess very good argumenting skills, but you also cant admit on mistakes,so its a waist of time arguing with someone who might have agreed with you already but wouldn't admit it,
5)feel free to pm me that you agreed
I'm just say'in©®