Author Topic: MIA Car Rental Companies Review  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
MIA Car Rental Companies Review
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the following car rental companies at MIA? These companies are all cheaper than Sixt. Fox, Advantage, Thrifty, Dollar. Any info would help. Trying to rent there for 2/21-25.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Re: MIA Car Rental Companies Review
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »
Pricing based on carrentals.com
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »
For lack of a better thread to post in...
If you are landing evening time about 6pm @ FLL, you can check for the 489 SE 17th St which is the off airport location pricing for sixt - as their pricing is sometimes cheaper than the airport.  Make a res there for 6pm on the button (they close @ 6pm so making a later res will be rejected), and their policy is that if you cant make it to pick up the car until after their branch closes(6pm), you can pick up at the airport.  Once you pick up at the airport, at least IME, they allow you to return to FLL location as well.  The rental rate will remain the rate you originally reserved at.

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:39:18 AM »
For lack of a better thread to post in...
If you are landing evening time about 6pm @ FLL, you can check for the 489 SE 17th St which is the off airport location pricing for sixt - as their pricing is sometimes cheaper than the airport.  Make a res there for 6pm on the button (they close @ 6pm so making a later res will be rejected), and their policy is that if you cant make it to pick up the car until after their branch closes(6pm), you can pick up at the airport.  Once you pick up at the airport, at least IME, they allow you to return to FLL location as well.  The rental rate will remain the rate you originally reserved at.
I've don't this successfully at avis in Burlington airport
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
I just reviewed my Avis trip in the Avis thread