Author Topic: Tal Law annuled . . . Now what?  (Read 17351 times)

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: Tal Law annuled . . . Now what?
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »
Is that really the only way to get a point across?  To sink to such low and disgusting rhetoric?  ::)

Well, didn't you just cross a line by calling the words of one of our century's greatest gedolim "low and disgusting"?

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »
Well, didn't you just cross a line by calling the words of one of our century's greatest gedolim "low and disgusting"?
+1

Watch out...

"הוי זהיר בגחלתם"
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »
+1

Watch out...

"הוי זהיר בגחלתם"
What about being זהיר in ר"ל calling large segments of עם ישראל who (as a side point also happen to be religiously observant) גויים??!  Does that not have any meaning to you?  He may be a Talmudic genius, but he ain't no angel, he's human and he makes mistakes.

Sorry, but there have been people greater than him, before him, who have condemned such reckless behavior.

If you take him seriously every time he calls someone a חמור or רשע etc etc etc (every name in the dictionary), than you're just feeding the Israeli media the fodder they're looking for, this is exactly what they want.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
What about being זהיר in ר"ל calling large segments of עם ישראל who (as a side point also happen to be religiously observant) גויים??!  Does that not have any meaning to you?  He may be a Talmudic genius, but he ain't no angel, he's human and he makes mistakes.

Sorry, but there have been people greater than him, before him, who have condemned such reckless behavior.

If you take him seriously every time he calls someone a חמור or רשע etc etc etc (every name in the dictionary), than you're just feeding the Israeli media the fodder they're looking for, this is exactly what they want.

He was referring to the party, not the Mizrachi people. In hindsight he was absolutely right.

I am afraid of Harav Ovadia ever since the "yiten lo bana achat, yamut, yishan velo yakum" on Sharon.

Offline Side incomer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2013, 03:33:45 PM »

Whether I take his words seriously or not is a different story. And Whether I agree with him on issues is also a different story.

But you (as a torah believer, I assume) to bash him in public, and call him the words you did, is not acceptable to torah believers...

He has built up hundreds of mosdos hatorah, and has thousands of Jews going bderech hatorah because of him, so even if he makes mistakes, he has shoulders to carry those big "aveiros" (in your version), but I assume you don't have his shoulders, and I doubted you can afford to undertake starting up with a gadol btorah in public...

I hate commenting on these topics, and I'm finished now, so feel free to reply whatever you want, but please bash me instead of him...
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2013, 03:36:10 PM »
Whether I take his words seriously or not is a different story. And Whether I agree with him on issues is also a different story.

But you (as a torah believer, I assume) to bash him in public, and call him the words you did, is not acceptable to torah believers...

He has built up hundreds of mosdos hatorah, and has thousands of Jews going bderech hatorah because of him, so even if he makes mistakes, he has shoulders to carry those big "aveiros" (in your version), but I assume you don't have his shoulders, and I doubted you can afford to undertake starting up with a gadol btorah in public...

I hate commenting on these topics, and I'm finished now, so feel free to reply whatever you want, but please bash me instead of him...

+1

I'll also cut it off.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
+1

Watch out...

"הוי זהיר בגחלתם"

+1
Consider this my Ma'cho
Visibly Jewish

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »

I can't disagree with most of what you wrote (in fact, I'm in agreement with most), however our point of disagreement I guess, is if/how much one can publicly disagree with him...
I don't think I disrespected him (or at least that's not my intention), just being frank.
May his son (great guy ;) ) HaRav Yakov Chai Ben Margalit shlit"a have a Refuah Shleimah Krova!
He was referring to the party, not the Mizrachi people. In hindsight he was absolutely right.

I am afraid of Harav Ovadia ever since the "yiten lo bana achat, yamut, yishan velo yakum" on Sharon.
Interesting, I never heard that before (I guess when you curse so often, people stop paying attention)..
Y'see, if he said "בית של רשעים" for example, I wouldn't blink.
I think he's still absolutely wrong, in hindsight too..
A party consists only of people, and their voters.

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »
Its almost comical to see a government being built upon a platform that the Prime Minister does not support

He is well aware that the Charedim are not going to the army and does not want them there either. Its just rhetoric to keep the Tel Avivians happy

Bibi (as well as Yuval Steinitz and Yaakov Neeman) are of the belief that its more important to integrate Charedi society by getting them to start working which will ultimately result in the next generation going to the Army and pay taxes.

It is becoming more and more accepted for Charedi people to go work and the only reason that you don't see the numbers rising more rapidly is because so much of it is off the books

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2013, 05:06:26 PM »
So have everyone show up one day for service and call their bluff...it'll never happen but it would be oh so sweet.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 05:07:57 PM »
So have everyone show up one day for service and call their bluff...it'll never happen but it would be oh so sweet.

Kiryas Yoel style :)

One Mincha and they'll send them all home in taxis

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »
Kiryas Yoel style :)

One Mincha and they'll send them all home in taxis
Bingo!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
Are we sure we're not underestimating Israeli stubbornness?

I don't remember the exact year (or the exact story), but I think it was in the 70s. The Israeli Gov't passed a law that no settlements can be made over the green line. Over 5,000 teenage/20s guys and girls went over the green line and started rolling out sleeping bags and declaring their campfire a settlement. They arrested just about all of them. They didn't have jail space, so they packed them on buses, held them there for 24 hours and released them.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2013, 03:27:22 AM »
Are we sure we're not underestimating Israeli stubbornness?

I don't remember the exact year (or the exact story), but I think it was in the 70s. The Israeli Gov't passed a law that no settlements can be made over the green line. Over 5,000 teenage/20s guys and girls went over the green line and started rolling out sleeping bags and declaring their campfire a settlement. They arrested just about all of them. They didn't have jail space, so they packed them on buses, held them there for 24 hours and released them.
How many chereidei boys and girls are there now? 100,000?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:00 AM »
Number was probably closer to 10k, all they caught was about 5k ;)
40 years ago the population was less than half what it was today, and their ability to handle these kind of things was less than half. There were fewer problems with arabs.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2013, 03:37:01 AM »
Number was probably closer to 10k, all they caught was about 5k ;)
40 years ago the population was less than half what it was today, and their ability to handle these kind of things was less than half. There were fewer problems with arabs.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2013, 05:33:09 AM »

my point was that they probably had the same ability to handle 10,000 guys then, as they have to handle 100,000 guys now

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2013, 05:48:13 AM »
my point was that they probably had the same ability to handle 10,000 guys then, as they have to handle 100,000 guys now
Aha, but I actually want to know what the number is. Could it be a million? I mean everyone ages 18-40 could join right?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2013, 07:36:46 AM »
Aha, but I actually want to know what the number is. Could it be a million? I mean everyone ages 18-40 could join right?
Dunno. There are 7 million residents in Israel. I find it hard to believe that 1 in 7 are chareidim between 18-40

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD