Author Topic: chol hamoid trip  (Read 3850 times)

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
chol hamoid trip
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »
Ok I have 482$ of aa credit expiring on apr 8 trip needs to originate before apr 8th. Do you think that they would extend it to apr 9th? Assuming they will any ideas of where to go for around 480 total for 2? Leaving from nyc on the 9th returning on the 12th by the afternoon. Already looked at all islands, mia ,fll but all are really expensive. So far atlanta, raleigh,nashville, have been in the price range. Does anyone have any other ideas.(not really interested in bwi,dca,ord)

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
Re: chol hamoid trip
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »
Go for Atlanta.  Can see the Aquarium and CNN center (if you're interested).  Coca Cola museum is also nice -- but no sampling on Chol Hamoed :(

Much more Kosher food available than BNA or Raleigh.

If you have SPG point, you can stay in the St. Regis -- it's either a Cat 4 or 5.

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
Ok I have 482$ of aa credit expiring on apr 8 trip needs to originate before apr 8th. Do you think that they would extend it to apr 9th? Assuming they will any ideas of where to go for around 480 total for 2? Leaving from nyc on the 9th returning on the 12th by the afternoon. Already looked at all islands, mia ,fll but all are really expensive. So far atlanta, raleigh,nashville, have been in the price range. Does anyone have any other ideas.(not really interested in bwi,dca,ord)
If they don't extend it (which I don't see them doing) take a motzei YT flight. I'm doing that to SJU. Atlanta sounds decent.

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »
thanx for the suggestions. I do have spg points so the st regis sounds good. I looked at motzei yom tov flights and the there is only 1 flight at 805 cannot make that flight.

Offline A3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
chol hamoid trip
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
Where are you flying from? IMO take first flight (edit) mon morn. Nothing opens till 10am and the you dot need to stay in hotel that night. We went there. We took the first flight in sun morn. Landed at 8:45 and left last flight out tues night 8pm. It was from MIA

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »
thanx for the suggestions. I do have spg points so the st regis sounds good. I looked at motzei yom tov flights and the there is only 1 flight at 805 cannot make that flight.

St. Regis is Cat 5 -- there are a couple other SPG hotels as well (Westin, SHeraton, W, etc.)....take a look on SPG.com  St. Regis is just a bit unusual as a Cat 5.

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
Did anyone here stay at any of the spg hotels in atlanta? Right now leaning towards st regis just because of the name.

Offline A3

• View Profile
chol hamoid trip
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
Westin downtown is waking distance or a short can ride to coke, aquarium, Philips arena (if hawks are in town) an CNN center. Its one of the tallest building downtown. So if you get a high floor you may get a nice view.
If you stay there there really is no need to rent a car. Unless some the kosher eateries are kosher for passover. Then you may want to go out. Other wise bring your own food and save on the rental. Mon morn till wed night is plenty of time.

Did they let you extend the voucher for another day? What you happen if you book the 8;05 mitzie yom tov and miss the flight? What would be the penalty to get on the mon morn one?

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:03 AM »
I've also stayed at the Westin Buckhead.  St. Regis has the nicest pool area (by far), if that's something useful for you.

Offline A3

• View Profile
chol hamoid trip
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 11:36:03 AM »
Did anyone here stay at any of the spg hotels in atlanta? Right now leaning towards st regis just because of the name.

There is an Atlanta master thread kidney small but search for it.

We stayed at the st regis. With my wife and baby. Got upgraded to a suite as a gold
Member.
Was really a nice hotel. Everyone was super friendly. Tv in the mirror in the bathroom and the bathtub was amazing.

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »
Got upgraded to a suite as a gold

I've seen that comment several times on Trip Advisor

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »
Hello, To keep up with the thread. (Kinda) We would like to go on a chol homoed trip with in 3 hour drive from NY we would be 4 adults and 5 kids.. We were thinking Pilly.. Anyone have any other ideas?
I would get one reg room and one suite. I can use hyatt suite upgrades for one.. Or try to get one from SPG.
Of course an all suite hotel would be nice here to.
A nice indoor pool is a must, plus it has to be in an area with a few nice attractions..
The Yankees are in Baltimore chol homoed so the boys wouldnt mind driving an extra couple hours to to the game tue night..

So anyone have any suggestion for hotel stays? Pref SPG or hyatt with an indoor pool...

TIA

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
We went to phillh two years ago and had a great time but we didn't stay overnight. This year we are going to DC. Staying in Hyatt regency capitol hill on a really cheap rate with suite upgrade
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
Nice, the family we are going with doesnt want to drive more then 3 hours.. and we would stay over two night.. Mon and Tue night..

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »
Hello, To keep up with the thread. (Kinda) We would like to go on a chol homoed trip with in 3 hour drive from NY we would be 4 adults and 5 kids.. We were thinking Pilly.. Anyone have any other ideas?
I would get one reg room and one suite. I can use hyatt suite upgrades for one.. Or try to get one from SPG.
Of course an all suite hotel would be nice here to.
A nice indoor pool is a must, plus it has to be in an area with a few nice attractions..
The Yankees are in Baltimore chol homoed so the boys wouldnt mind driving an extra couple hours to to the game tue night..

So anyone have any suggestion for hotel stays? Pref SPG or hyatt with an indoor pool...

TIA

Philly has a bunch of SPG hotels.  Sheraton University City is a bit pricey at Cat 4, but has a nice indoor pool and is right near University of Pennsylvania.  You can find out if they'll have food there during Chol Hamoed (if school is in session, they will).  Food in the Penn Hillel is actually quite good, and reasonably priced (and they have a kids price).

There is also a new Aloft and an older Sheraton Suites at PHL airport.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 07:04:46 AM »
what happens if you book a refundable ticket with the credit and cancel after the expiration date? won't they just issue a new credit with a new expiration date once you cancel the ticket?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
what happens if you book a refundable ticket with the credit and cancel after the expiration date? won't they just issue a new credit with a new expiration date once you cancel the ticket?
usually cancelled cc's can still get refunds themself.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »

Think Yudi is referring to an airline credit, not CC

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »

He's not talking about a cc. He's talking about an expiring airline credit.

Edit: I see David B beat me.

Online yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »
anybody going to six flags in MD know where i can get max value out of my free night with old spg card free night