Author Topic: My wedding night - Lakewood NJ (Embassy Suites - Piscataway NJ)  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
My wedding night - Lakewood NJ (Embassy Suites - Piscataway NJ)
« on: February 26, 2012, 02:37:00 AM »
My first trip report that I'm making, trust me I have many more to go :).
I got married in Lakewood. I wanted a suite for the wedding night, but one with two beds. I narrowed my choices down to 2. Hyatt Regency in Princton  (45 minute drive) or Embassy Suites of Piscattaway NJ (52 minutes away).
After looking at pricing, HR was in the $400 range, while the ES was in the $200 range. I decided to go with the ES. After spending time googleing coupons/codes I found a MVP HHonors discount I quote it for the boys "Code for Hampton, Embassy Suites and Doubletree Hotels:
056004160Code for Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton Grand Vacations:
N0041604"
I decided to go with the ES. After using the code it turned out to be $158 after tax. A pretty good rate after tax (I also got the bonus miles as I'm HHonors Gold.
The drove there felt like 52 minutes, a little long. (Route 9 North, until a litle passed GSP, and its another 20 minutes from there).
I called before to let them know that I will be arriving close to 1AM. I also told them its my wedding night bla bla bla and got a 2PM late check-out.
No problems checking in. BTW the lobby is very nice. There is waterfalls, walkways and trees I would recomend this place for a date.
The rooms were big. The first room had a table and chairs, nice. Fridge, sink (coffee machine), big TV recliner and couch. The couch looked like it came from my great grandmothers house (1950 cloth style) uch!
The bedroom also had a sink with counter.The bed were comfy but the linen felt old.
The bathroom was roomy. The shower was big, and had good pressure. It was also equiped with all amenities.
We really enjoyed our stay there
Overall I would recomend this Hotel.
A word of caution the parking lot was packed!

Offline joeb1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
Re: My wedding night - Lakewood NJ (Embassy Suites - Piscataway NJ)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:22:03 AM »
i put in the codes but it didnt give me any discounts. any tips?

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: My wedding night - Lakewood NJ (Embassy Suites - Piscataway NJ)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:12:30 AM »
Can you be more specific. Dates?, location?