Author Topic: Live Music Video Thread - To see and promote live Jewish music. No Bullies  (Read 30625 times)

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
that is very weird to sing while you are under the chuppa
It takes a weird to do a weird  ;D
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline asherbarkin

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
stop

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
we are not bullying anyone who posted on the thread we are just commenting on a video and not the poster.
i think i can make fun of the video and it should be allowed
because that is really meant to be a time to daven while you are under the chuppa, its just weird to put on a concert

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Not too excited of the way this chupa song sounded, weirdness set aside.

Offline shach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Quite random to sing your kallah down to your Chuppa....
random usage of the word random ::)

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
Stop

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
hey!!!
 you are NOT the moderator of the Asherbarkin thread!

you can't tell people to stop the senseless bullying! only he can!

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive

By the way, it's not random at all.  The Chatan (or Chossen for some of you) is a member of the Maccabeats -- so the fact that there was lots of singing at the Chuppah should be no surprise to anyone.  I was at a wedding a number of years ago, where the Chatan was also a member of a Jewish accapella group, and both he and his group sang during the Chuppah -- while she was walking down, etc.  And by the looks on the faces of the Kallah and others in and around the Chuppah, it seemed pretty normal and welcome to them -- and they are the ones that count here.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
By the way, it's not random at all.  The Chatan (or Chossen for some of you) is a member of the Maccabeats -- so the fact that there was lots of singing at the Chuppah should be no surprise to anyone.  I was at a wedding a number of years ago, where the Chatan was also a member of a Jewish accapella group, and both he and his group sang during the Chuppah -- while she was walking down, etc.  And by the looks on the faces of the Kallah and others in and around the Chuppah, it seemed pretty normal and welcome to them -- and they are the ones that count here.
just because you saw it somewhere else doesnt take away from the fact that its weird

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
hey!!!
 you are NOT the moderator of the Asherbarkin thread!

you can't tell people to stop the senseless bullying! only he can!
It was just a joke cuz that's what he did to me

Btw just cuz he started the thread it doesn't mean he's in charge

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
just because you saw it somewhere else doesnt take away from the fact that its weird

That's your opinion -- if you were a singer, and you were part of a group, I suspect that both you and your friends would have found it rather normal.  And truth be told, I actually thought it was very nice when I saw it in person.  IMO, it was actually a beautiful and moving ceremony (cue the violins....)

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
That's your opinion -- if you were a singer, and you were part of a group, I suspect that both you and your friends would have found it rather normal.  And truth be told, I actually thought it was very nice when I saw it in person.  IMO, it was actually a beautiful and moving ceremony (cue the violins....)
How about a little separation of Marriage & Work? As beautiful as it sounds, if there's one time to put down your mic and focus on the moment it's under the Chuppa.

Imagine if a comedian gave a stand-up performance at his wedding!
Or a dentist drilling a cavity under the Chuppa.....

He's entitled to do whatever he wants at his Chuppa (heck he can stand on his head if he's an acrobat) but the facts are that it's strange and out of the ordinary.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
He's entitled to do whatever he wants at his Chuppa
+1
Give the guy a break. 
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline David B

• View Profile
How about a little separation of Marriage & Work? As beautiful as it sounds, if there's one time to put down your mic and focus on the moment it's under the Chuppa.

Imagine if a comedian gave a stand-up performance at his wedding!
Or a dentist drilling a cavity under the Chuppa.....

He's entitled to do whatever he wants at his Chuppa (heck he can stand on his head if he's an acrobat) but the facts are that it's strange and out of the ordinary.

Try not to state opinions as fact.  Here's a fact -- when you are a singer, if people pay you to sing, they must think you have a beautiful voice.  So I suppose doing something beautiful under the Chuppah would be a nice thing -- certainly something the Kallah would appreciate (and she's really all that matters here).  Dentist drilling is a rather poor analogy.  If someone were marrying an acrobat from Ringling Bros circus, I suppose a couple of flips off the Bima or down the aisle would be in order.

You state as "fact" that it is strange and out of the ordinary -- if there were more singers, you'd see it more often and wouldn't have the opinion that it is strange and unusual.

To many, nothing is more strange and unusual than seeing a Chattan in a raincoat with his eyes closed, shuckling and crying under the Chuppah.  But that's just an opinion....the unaffiliated would ask why is he upset and expecting rain inside  :o

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
You state as "fact" that it is strange and out of the ordinary -- if there were more singers, you'd see it more often and wouldn't have the opinion that it is strange and unusual.

To many, nothing is more strange and unusual than seeing a Chattan in a raincoat with his eyes closed, shuckling and crying under the Chuppah.  But that's just an opinion....the unaffiliated would ask why is he upset and expecting rain inside  :o
Obviously, I was referring to a normative Orthodox Jewish Wedding. Saying that the Chassan looks strange in a raincoat is for a non-jew who is not expecting that. For that matter he may find the strange hats and long beards to be strange and unusual too.

Normal and strange are extremely subjective. In an indian tribe it may be totally normal to jump around with face paint and howl at a wedding. We would consider that strange if we saw that at an Orthodox Jewish Wedding.

Therefore, since most Chassanim do wear a raincoat and shuckel and daven etc., that is what is normal at an Orthodox Wedding. That being said, while putting on a concert may sound beautiful, it is not normally done. I'm not convinced that if there were more singers out there you would see it more often.
I agree that the Dentist analogy was off, but how about a good dancer? My point is that this is the last place to be doing your 'work' and the best place to just focus on the moment.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Obviously, I was referring to a normative Orthodox Jewish Wedding. Saying that the Chassan looks strange in a raincoat is for a non-jew who is not expecting that. For that matter he may find the strange hats and long beards to be strange and unusual too.

Normal and strange are extremely subjective. In an indian tribe it may be totally normal to jump around with face paint and howl at a wedding. We would consider that strange if we saw that at an Orthodox Jewish Wedding.

Therefore, since most Chassanim do wear a raincoat and shuckel and daven etc., that is what is normal at an Orthodox Wedding.
Everybody thinks they're so normal and criticizes others who do things that are out of the ordinary.  MarkS, there are probably things that you do that others would consider freakish, as is true with all of us.  In the realm of possibilities of odd behavior, singing at your own chuppah is not so crazy.  But regardless, this guy could do whatever he wants.  He's not breaking any laws.  If the discussion were theoretical it would be different but we're talking about an actual person.  Lay off.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
I was always taught that the chosson should pray under the chupa (not sing).

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
Everybody thinks they're so normal and criticizes others who do things that are out of the ordinary.  MarkS, there are probably things that you do that others would consider freakish, as is true with all of us.  In the realm of possibilities of odd behavior, singing at your own chuppah is not so crazy.  But regardless, this guy could do whatever he wants.  He's not breaking any laws.  If the discussion were theoretical it would be different but we're talking about an actual person.  Lay off.
If you read what I wrote, I agree the many people (most of the world actually) thinks that the religious things I do are strange. I never said that he is crazy and I actually think he sang very nicely. And as I said above - of course he's entitled to do whatever he wants. I actually do find this to be a more theoretical discussion about normal and strange - albeit evolved from what happened to an actual person.
Sorry for evoking such a strong reaction!   I hear-by lay off!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:04:11 PM by MarkS »