Author Topic: Advice needed for credit card dispute  (Read 5303 times)

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed for credit card dispute
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2023, 02:43:18 PM »
I already made a informal DOT complaint 3 months ago but I didn't get a response till yesterday

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2024, 11:29:32 PM »
Someone I paid with a credit card told me that his processing bank placed his account on hold. This has been for quite some time and he says that the bank is giving him the runaround.

He's ok with me disputing the charge. My question is, do I dispute it as fraudulent or do I dispute as goods/services not delivered?

The reason I'm asking, is A) If I dispute as goods/services not delivered; since it has been a while since the charge, do I need to worry about that? B) I paid some interest on the charge. As far as a refund on the interest, does the reason for dispute matter?

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2024, 09:16:03 AM »
Bump.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2024, 09:20:59 AM »
Someone I paid with a credit card told me that his processing bank placed his account on hold. This has been for quite some time and he says that the bank is giving him the runaround.

He's ok with me disputing the charge. My question is, do I dispute it as fraudulent or do I dispute as goods/services not delivered?

The reason I'm asking, is A) If I dispute as goods/services not delivered; since it has been a while since the charge, do I need to worry about that? B) I paid some interest on the charge. As far as a refund on the interest, does the reason for dispute matter?
You swiped your credit card.  Your credit card charged you.  (You didn't pay it off right away and were charged interest.)
Did you get the goods/services?  It's irrelevant that his bank is giving him an issue.
If you didn't get what you paid for, dispute it. Is it within the allowed time frame for a dispute?
I don't think you  have a chance on the interest you paid.
My favorite cause: cssy.org