Author Topic: Adding Authorized User  (Read 17731 times)

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Authorized User
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »
 Chase IB primary or the additional employee card to Meet spend Req ?
My wife just got her chase biz INK BOLD card and she added me as authorized user( free employee card. The cards have different numbers though.

We are trying to meet the spend req, but I am bit confused about which card to use for that, If I use the authorized employee card in my name with different number, does that work to meet her spend req or it has to be done by the IB card in her name?

thanks

I thought of spending some with the employee card in my name and some using her own primary IB card to meet that big 10k spend req but not 100% sure if that would work !

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
No difference which card you use.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Reb Jo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2013, 07:59:26 PM »
my friend wants to bee added to one of my accounts as an additional user in order to build up his credit history. 1.does it really work to build up his history , and he will he get accepted in the future for new cards 2. when i called discover they told me that if i add him on with his social there will no way to take back off in the future, and they will have to make a credit pull to accept, is this only by discover? 3. is there another banks aside for discover you would recommend me putting him on as an additional user?
Hertz President Circle!
And awesome!

Offline SamKey

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »
my friend wants to bee added to one of my accounts as an additional user in order to build up his credit history. 1.does it really work to build up his history , and he will he get accepted in the future for new cards 2. when i called discover they told me that if i add him on with his social there will no way to take back off in the future, and they will have to make a credit pull to accept, is this only by discover? 3. is there another banks aside for discover you would recommend me putting him on as an additional user?
1. It does affect his credit score 2. Highly doubt it but HUCA 3. What do you have with discover? The longer the credit history the better

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »
1. Yes, as long as account is in good shape.
2. I've found that c/s doesn't always know much about credit... Can you add the au without social (that should prevent the hard pull regardless)
3. As long as his income is decent enough, it can't hurt much to put on multiple accounts. (Can always remove the au later)

Offline Reb Jo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 08:38:53 PM »
1. Yes, as long as account is in good shape.
2. I've found that c/s doesn't always know much about credit... Can you add the au without social (that should prevent the hard pull regardless)
3. As long as his income is decent enough, it can't hurt much to put on multiple accounts. (Can always remove the au later)

What does c/s mean? and if i add him without his social how will that help his credit history?
Hertz President Circle!
And awesome!

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
What does c/s mean? and if i add him without his social how will that help his credit history?
Customer service...
Can add social later. not speaking from experience with Discover, just suggesting ideas...
Regardless, it's prob worth it for credit score, to have a hard pull and au on good card.