Author Topic: Model Mom Calls Her Religion a Cult  (Read 50089 times)

Offline Cashman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Model Mom Calls Her Religion a Cult
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
And if they have the opportunity, you think they would run from it? Some would. But I think some wouldn't.
The fact that are so sheltered IMO makes it so much worse when they "escape" if everyone would be a little more open minded from The beginning I dont think just bec you went off the derech you would get a shot of being on the view of dr. Phil.
There are plenty of other people with a really messed up family situation that can use Dr. Phil's help a lot more.

The one part that really got me. Was when she said she has plenty of Rabbis on her side. But they are afraid to say anything bec they would be accused of having an affair.
That sounds like total BS. If I truly knew the whole story and I was on her side then I would have no busha saying so.
But then again remember this is just one side of the story. And only 40 minutes worth at that.
I agree with you about them being a little more open minded and that goes for both men and women. But I do not think that hasidim treat women like second class citizens

Online A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Model Mom Calls Her Religion a Cult
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »
You know that's a problem by them because men are not supposed to look at women for a extensive period of time. Your problem is that you think they sit in the back because they treaty women like 2nd class citizens which is a total farce.

Can you not control yourself?
Really. REALLY? Looking at the top of the back of their wigs are really a big prob according to you!

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
You know that's a problem by them because men are not supposed to look at women for a extensive period of time. Your problem is that you think they sit in the back because they treaty women like 2nd class citizens which is a total farce.
You are right. Maybe you can explain this to the blacks.  ::)
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »
. Was when she said she has plenty of Rabbis on her side. But they are afraid to say anything bec they would be accused of having an affair.
That sounds like total BS. If I truly knew the whole story and I was on her side then I would have no busha saying so.

I agree with you that it sounded like she was lying but everything aside there are many times where Rabbis agree with people but don't speak out. We live in a world of politics. So while she may be lying that thought is not so far fetched.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:10:24 PM by sky121 »
"Not all who wander are lost"

Online A3

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 11:08:55 PM »
I agree with you about them being a little more open minded and that goes for both men and women. But I do not think that hasidim treat women like second class citizens

I never said anything about second class citizens.
But in today's sick and crazy world it most deff is time to open ones mind.
Bec if you open it yourself you are going to end up going way to far IMO.

When I was in Israel I really enjoyed sitting in the back of the bus though. I got to relax no one bothered me.

The ones making the big deal I think would make a big deal about anything. But once they say something I feel like the ones in the front of the bus should be the "big kids" and not make a fuss and give up their seat.

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »
Can you not control yourself?
Really. REALLY? Looking at the top of the back of their wigs are really a big prob according to you!
Again I am not one of them. But yes according to their rabbis they should not sit behind a women. And btw the torah says do not stare at a woman. It doesn't say certain body parts yes and certain no. So I guess you decide.

Online A3

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
Again I am not one of them. But yes according to their rabbis they should not sit behind a women. And btw the torah says do not stare at a woman. It doesn't say certain body parts yes and certain no. So I guess you decide.

Your right. It should on a person to person basis. And if they can't control themselves and Need to look up from their Tehilim to look at the back of their head then they have many other issues that need to be dealt with.

But the discussion I feel that needs to be addressed. Is how can this be done w/o embarrassing or degrading the women that may be vulnerable?
Let's look at these two cases and the many more and see what needs to be changed to protect the others that might want to "escape"? How can they be saved?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »
Your right. It should on a person to person basis. And if they can't control themselves and Need to look up from their Tehilim to look at the back of their head then they have many other issues that need to be dealt with.
It is an issue if someone is naturally attracted to women? The problem is if they don't look at the women ever, then you have a real problem. Don't place a stumbling block in front of someone, like tell them not to look at women and put a women in front of them... (This is the logic I assume of women in the back.)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 11:20:40 PM »

But the discussion I feel that needs to be addressed. Is how can this be done w/o embarrassing or degrading the women that may be vulnerable?
Let's look at these two cases and the many more and see what needs to be changed to protect the others that might want to "escape"? How can they be saved?
I agree that there are many issues in the hasidic community that needs to be addressed. I just did not like how some other comments made it sound as if hasidim treat women as second class.

Online A3

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 11:29:29 PM »
I agree that there are many issues in the hasidic community that needs to be addressed. I just did not like how some other comments made it sound as if hasidim treat women as second class.

I would love to take a tour into the deep heart if these community's and see what really goes on.
Bec whenever im in BP or Willi. I always see women out shopping strolling around their kids in their bugaboos.

Second class citizens I highly doubt that.
But it is a very private community which did help these two women's cause as know one really knows.

I think some of the major news channels should go in one day to see what goes on. Like the sour Korean?? I think it was them. That went into the yeshiva in bnei brak ponivitz. Sorry on my phone can't find the link.  ( or is that a bad idea?)

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
When you hear things that women should sit at the back of the bus, should not wear pants or move to the side when walking past a man what conclusion do expect one to come too? 

Online A3

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »
It is an issue if someone is naturally attracted to women? The problem is if they don't look at the women ever, then you have a real problem. Don't place a stumbling block in front of someone, like tell them not to look at women and put a women in front of them... (This is the logic I assume of women in the back.)

I think it would be a bigger stumbling block to have the women walk right by you. In between all the men. In stead of sitting down right away.
Unless they still allow them to punch their own ticket and come on through the back of the bus?
Then I would stand corrected. But AFAR they stopped that.

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »
When you hear things that women should sit at the back of the bus, should not wear pants or move to the side when walking past a man what conclusion do expect one to come too?
Cant say about moving to the side when a man walks by. But on the others they are following their tradition and rabbis. And the men and women are proud to do so.

Offline joeb1

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »

with all do respect you are only hearing a partial idea about a few random subjects and putting it all together to make an assumption.
those are three seperate things and putting them together to make an assumption is incorrect.

Online A3

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:34 PM »

Pants are another issue.
The Torah says dont dress like a man. A lot of our traditions are from times that we cannot understand. A lot of our outfits come from hundreds of years ago.
Years ago a women only wore dresses and there was no such thing as a women wearing pants.
It also has to do with modesty as pants deff show more of a figure then most skirts and dresses. ( that cover the knees ;) of course)

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »
Unless they still allow them to punch their own ticket and come on through the back of the bus?
Was it really done this way?

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:08 PM »

I would love to take a tour into the deep heart if these community's and see what really goes on.
Bec whenever im in BP or Willi. I always see women out shopping strolling around their kids in their bugaboos.

Second class citizens I highly doubt that.
But it is a very private community which did help these two women's cause as know one really knows.

I think some of the major news channels should go in one day to see what goes on. Like the sour Korean?? I think it was them. That went into the yeshiva in bnei brak ponivitz. Sorry on my phone can't find the link.  ( or is that a bad idea?)
I saw the South Korean video and it has been done before in brooklyn. And they found most people were happy and there were things that people said can be changed. But that's how it is like in every religious sect in the world.

Offline joeb1

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:36 PM »
Cant say about moving to the side when a man walks by. But on the others they are following their tradition and rabbis. And the men and women are proud to do so.

+1

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Model Mom Calls Her Religion a Cult
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »

Some people are proud. Some don't mind either way and just accept it.  Some people hate it.
And I think most people fall in the middle category IMHO.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:58 PM »