Author Topic: Model Mom Calls Her Religion a Cult  (Read 50092 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Model Mom Calls Her Religion a Cult
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »
Nice ad by Wissotsky, http://collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=18915&alias=jewish-mom-is-celebrated
Yup, nicely executed ad!

indeed.
I originally wrote the exact same message as you but had to change it once I saw the red letters :D.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »
great video! But why did you quote collive?  It was here first  ;-)
;)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
Is there anywhere one can watch the full Dr Phil episode?

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
My wife DVR'd it for me. I must say, Rabbi Boteach was better then I expected (it was cute how he more then once advertised his books). Perry and Shauli clearly think if they try to 'put us down' it will help them. While I don't doubt for a sec that they didn't have a miserable life, I do think this is all based on 'getting revenge'.

I did expect more for this episode, not sure what though. Too many interruptions, commercials, and Dr. Phil clearly had certain topics he wanted to cover. I also loved how the two of them talk, their English with a serious accent of a Yiddish backround.

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
My wife DVR'd it for me. I must say, Rabbi Boteach was better then I expected. 

Is there any way you could upload it somewhere and share the link?
I wasn't very impressed with him saying that he would be fine if his daughters became models. I have a feeling he wouldn't be too excited if his daughters pics were on magazine covers in suggestive revealing poses. (Not that Perry is on magazines - but her revealing pics are out there on the internet)

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2012, 09:45:35 PM »
+1

Offline isaacs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
were can i watch the full episode of Dr. Phill show?

Offline Columbiadorm

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2012, 10:25:24 PM »
I wasn't very impressed with him saying that he would be fine if his daughters became models. I have a feeling he wouldn't be too excited if his daughters pics were on magazine covers in suggestive revealing poses. (Not that Perry is on magazines - but her revealing pics are out there on the internet)

No idea, but If you can tell me how to do it, I will try and get to it tomorrow.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2012, 10:27:34 PM »
No idea, but If you can tell me how to do it, I will try and get to it tomorrow.
You can always do it the old-fashioned way with a video camera :D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »
+100

I would just say it a little clearer. How low could that man stoop to get another 15 minutes of fame . Does he have any other guiding light besides the almighty Dollar. The one point in this story that is clear cut and accepted by all segments of orthodoxy and easily explainable to any audience is why a women shouldn't be modeling in underwear. And this "Rabbi" instead says that he would be fine with his daughters doing such things. At worst he could of given a liberal response and say I don't judge someone by their actions and love and respect every jew for who they are. But that wasn't enough he had to condone her actions and then offer his family on the alter of sexual commercialization.

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:53 PM »
+100

I would just say it a little clearer. How low could that man stoop to get another 15 minutes of fame . Does he have any other guiding light besides the almighty Dollar. The one point in this story that is clear cut and accepted by all segments of orthodoxy and easily explainable to any audience is why a women shouldn't be modeling in underwear. And this "Rabbi" instead says that he would be fine with his daughters doing such things. At worst he could of given a liberal response and say I don't judge someone by their actions and love and respect every jew for who they are. But that wasn't enough he had to condone her actions and then offer his family on the alter of sexual commercialization.
I watched all the segments. Did I miss this part?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2012, 11:38:37 PM »
IIRC it was on a clip on the Dr.'s website mentioned in the OP. Not on the youtube clips.

Offline Columbiadorm

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2012, 11:38:51 PM »
You can always do it the old-fashioned way with a video camera :D

Ughh. Those are always the worst downloads! lol

Dan, if you want, we can Skype, and I'll just face my computer to the TV and play it off the DVR  ;D

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
http://drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/6774/?id=6774&showID=1804

Click on Pearl is outraged by Johnny’s comments.

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »
http://drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/6774/?id=6774&showID=1804

Click on Pearl is outraged by Johnny’s comments.
Thanks. He stated he would not have a problem with his daughters being a model (no mention of underwear) or actress. Is this disallowed in Judaism?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »
Thanks. He stated he would not have a problem with his daughters being a model (no mention of underwear) or actress. Is this disallowed in Judaism?
I would assume he's referring to someone modeling the way she does, that is definitely disallowed.

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »
Mention was made of her modeling 'career' choice. While it is possible the Boteach wasn't aware of the extent of her activities, he is definitely aware that Halacha (Jewish Law) forbids a lady from revealing the skin above her elbows, above her knees and below her neckline for modesty reasons. Even if all those areas are covered, modeling would still not be in line with the Modesty levels that a women is supposed to have. Her body is not supposed to be sexualized and shown off to the world, rather is meant to be kept private for her husband. (which some may call constricting lack of freedom but in reality is a measure of respect toward them).

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »
Mention was made of her modeling 'career' choice. While it is possible the Boteach wasn't aware of the extent of her activities, he is definitely aware that Halacha (Jewish Law) forbids a lady from revealing the skin above her elbows, above her knees and below her neckline for modesty reasons. Even if all those areas are covered, modeling would still not be in line with the Modesty levels that a women is supposed to have. Her body is not supposed to be sexualized and shown off to the world, rather is meant to be kept private for her husband. (which some may call constricting lack of freedom but in reality is a measure of respect toward them).

Objectifying women is a much greater disrespect, as presented beautifully (from a completely non-religious perspective) in Wendy Shalit's book A Return to Modesty, which I'd recommend to people but it's dense and isn't completely appropriate.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael