DansDeals Forum > On The Road

Hotel Compensation Master Thread

(1/161) > >>

Dan:
Hotel: Park Hyatt Paris
Year of incident: 2010
Status at time of incident: Diamond
Incident: Construction noise in room above ours woke us up one morning and continued for a few hours.
Compensation: 18K Points (at that time that was the rate for 1 night at the PH Paris) was offered over the phone while we were in the room.

Hotel: Park Hyatt Zurich
Incident: Couldn't offer kosher breakfast
Compensation: 5K Points was offered via email before the stay.

Hotel: Grand Hyatt Kauai
Year of incident: 2009
Incident: Fire alarm went off from 4am-4:30am with evacuation required.
Compensation: An apology letter offered a $50 resort credit, but a manager gave us 18K points (at that time that was the rate for 1 night at the GH Kauai) and a $100 resort credit…which bought a nice pair of Naot’s for my wife!

Hotel: Park Hyatt Toronto
Incident: Multiple issues, described in this complaint letter.
Compensation: 18K Points awarded by GP customer service after the stay following email complaint.

Hotel: W South Beach
Year of incident: 2011
Status at time of incident: Platinum
Incident: Smoke smell in room every morning, poor service from checkin agents, room service didn't respect do not disturb on multiple occasions, lost and found refused to locate a dress shirt left in room just after we checked out.
Compensation: $130 and 5K Points.

Drago:
What is your estimated value of the points you received for each incidence? I'm not so familiar with the cpm value of most hotel chains

Dan:

--- Quote from: Reuven on March 02, 2012, 02:03:28 AM ---What is your estimated value of the points you received for each incidence? I'm not so familiar with the cpm value of most hotel chains

--- End quote ---
Let's keep the thread on topic please.

Drago:

--- Quote from: Dan on March 02, 2012, 02:05:58 AM ---Let's keep the thread on topic please.

--- End quote ---
I am. I'm trying to understand the value of each compensation you received.

Dan:

--- Quote from: Reuven on March 02, 2012, 02:07:48 AM ---I am. I'm trying to understand the value of each compensation you received.

--- End quote ---
The point of this thread is compensation for hotel incidents, not the value of points or miles which is discussed in many other threads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version