Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 100055 times)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #675 on: January 16, 2019, 12:32:09 PM »
As a right you deserve  $200 USD   +   90,000 points  and being put up in "comparable accommodation nearby".

The hotel you were put up in is not comparable (prices run on AVG 200 cheaper), so guess 200 x 3= 600.

Being reimbursed for a pool not working makes sense at a resort ( say 25K-100K points).

That's how I would do my calculations.

So saying you got full 1K usd reimbursed would make the difference for points not being credited.....

I personally would try getting more points though (I believe hotels pay Marriott somewhere around .50 per points). 

Nights should still be credited. Get all paperwork and submit the request to Marriotts missing nights if not resolved at the hotel management level.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 16, 2019, 12:34:12 PM »
As a right you deserve  $200 USD   +   90,000 points  and being put up in "comparable accommodation nearby".

The hotel you were put up in is not comparable (prices run on AVG 200 cheaper), so guess 200 x 3= 600.

Being reimbursed for a pool not working makes sense at a resort ( say 25K-100K points).

That's how I would do my calculations.

So saying you got full 1K usd reimbursed would make the difference for points not being credited.....

I personally would try getting more points though (I believe hotels pay Marriott somewhere around .50 per points). 

Nights should still be credited. Get all paperwork and submit the request to Marriotts missing nights if not resolved at the hotel management level.
Wow TY

Offline Zevi16

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 20, 2019, 11:57:16 AM »
Conrad didnít have Kosher breakfast so they gave me 11000 points instead.

Offline jbr100

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
Hi-
I am trying to figure out how to handle the following situation. 
Several months ago, I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Westin Playa Conchal for Presidents Weekend at the conclusion of a weeklong trip to Costa Rica for my family of 5.  At the end of December, the reservations disappeared from my profile on the website though my points were not returned. I called Marriott and the agent at first said she didn't see the reservations in one system but after searching some more, she found the reservations in a second system and said not to worry- all good with the reservation.  (given the merging reservation systems, I figured all was good)
A week before I was scheduled to leave for Costa Rica and still not seeing the reservation on the Marriott website, I e-mailed hoping to get written confirmation of my reservations.  Marriott responded that 1 reservation was cancelled and 1 reservation was never valid.
This led to me frantically calling Marriott and trying to get this sorted out.  After numerous hours on the phone, Marriott/Starwood told me the hotel cancelled the reservation for one of my rooms but had 1 reservation.  They did not know why.  And I would have to deal with the hotel on my own.  And the hotel was now sold out for this weekend. This would be my problem to solve.  Marriott was suggesting that I make reservations at a new hotel so that I would have a place to stay.   Marriott said they would open up a case as to what happened but that would take 7-10 days business days to resolve (no- it couldn't be expedited even though this would be after I was already abroad) and they would get back to me with a report and possible compensation.
Thankfully, after some back and forth with the hotel, within 3 days they were able to reinstate both reservations.

I never did hear back from Marriott so I called after I returned and they said they showed my 2 reservations were reinstated so my file/complaint was closed on their end. 
Any compensation for wasting 15 hours of my time and creating a stressful situation (waiting on hold to be connected, trying to deal with agents, transferring to managers, speaking to the hotel directly with language barriers, finding new hotels, making sure to cancel new hotels) would have to be negotiated with the hotel.  They did give me the phone number to Marriott Corporate Headquarters if I wanted to complain.

I have a very bitter taste in my mouth- I made 2 reservations through Marriott/Starwood- and then when there was an issue- they made it my problem to solve.  The whole situation left me very unimpressed with Marriott and Starwood but also very befuddled at the lack of customer service.
Am I missing something here?
Should I be complaining to Marriott Corporate for compensation or just forget it as everything worked out at the end?
Thanks!

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2019, 02:35:23 PM »
Hi-
I am trying to figure out how to handle the following situation. 
Several months ago, I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Westin Playa Conchal for Presidents Weekend at the conclusion of a weeklong trip to Costa Rica for my family of 5.  At the end of December, the reservations disappeared from my profile on the website though my points were not returned. I called Marriott and the agent at first said she didn't see the reservations in one system but after searching some more, she found the reservations in a second system and said not to worry- all good with the reservation.  (given the merging reservation systems, I figured all was good)
A week before I was scheduled to leave for Costa Rica and still not seeing the reservation on the Marriott website, I e-mailed hoping to get written confirmation of my reservations.  Marriott responded that 1 reservation was cancelled and 1 reservation was never valid.
This led to me frantically calling Marriott and trying to get this sorted out.  After numerous hours on the phone, Marriott/Starwood told me the hotel cancelled the reservation for one of my rooms but had 1 reservation.  They did not know why.  And I would have to deal with the hotel on my own.  And the hotel was now sold out for this weekend. This would be my problem to solve.  Marriott was suggesting that I make reservations at a new hotel so that I would have a place to stay.   Marriott said they would open up a case as to what happened but that would take 7-10 days business days to resolve (no- it couldn't be expedited even though this would be after I was already abroad) and they would get back to me with a report and possible compensation.
Thankfully, after some back and forth with the hotel, within 3 days they were able to reinstate both reservations.

I never did hear back from Marriott so I called after I returned and they said they showed my 2 reservations were reinstated so my file/complaint was closed on their end. 
Any compensation for wasting 15 hours of my time and creating a stressful situation (waiting on hold to be connected, trying to deal with agents, transferring to managers, speaking to the hotel directly with language barriers, finding new hotels, making sure to cancel new hotels) would have to be negotiated with the hotel.  They did give me the phone number to Marriott Corporate Headquarters if I wanted to complain.

I have a very bitter taste in my mouth- I made 2 reservations through Marriott/Starwood- and then when there was an issue- they made it my problem to solve.  The whole situation left me very unimpressed with Marriott and Starwood but also very befuddled at the lack of customer service.
Am I missing something here?
Should I be complaining to Marriott Corporate for compensation or just forget it as everything worked out at the end?
Thanks!
It never hurts to try. Nothing to lose, I think you have a very legitimate complaint .
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 14, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »
Hmmm so I just saw on my account that yesterday (the same day as the email saying to allow 10 business days) 10k were posted into my account. The "type" is bonus and the description is "Xr The St. Regis Rome". Does this mean that this is all I am getting from my complaint? Should I ask for more? Would this be some sort of bonus unrelated to my complaint?
BTW I just noticed that over 2 months later I received the additional 50k back. I had filled out the form as well as emailed them directly the same day asking outright for 60k back. From the email it seems like they gave me only 10k the same day I sent the email and then 2 months later when they got to the online form submission they gave me another 50k.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 09, 2019, 05:17:12 PM »
Hotel: African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel, Autograph Collection
Year of incident: 2018
Status at time of incident: PPE
Incident: I had a week stay with a Marriott 7 night cert. Hotel had scheduled construction for public areas.  They sent out an email stating construction will not start before 1030am. On 5/7 days there was noise from 7am+. The hotel repeatedly said "TOMORROW NO NOISE". They admitted fault saying that the construction company wants to be on schedule. They are now asking me what sort of compensation I want, in terms of points (I rejected a future stay). This is a CAT 4 hotel.
Compensation: What should I accept and ask for?
Hotel: African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel, Autograph Collection
Year of incident: 2018
Status at time of incident: PPE
Incident: I had a week stay with a Marriott 7 night cert. Hotel had scheduled construction for public areas.  They sent out an email stating construction will not start before 1030am. On 5/7 days there was noise from 7am+. The hotel repeatedly said "TOMORROW NO NOISE". They admitted fault saying that the construction company wants to be on schedule. They are now asking me what sort of compensation I want, in terms of points (I rejected a future stay). This is a CAT 4 hotel.
Compensation: What should I accept and ask for?

Update! I finally got 290K points and thats a good return for a 7 night cert. Long story, but was finally deposited yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 05:33:41 PM by KSMH »
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #682 on: April 30, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt Place in upstate NY
Year of incident: 2019
Status at time of incident: Whatever they now call if you have a Hyatt CC
Incident: Some CHFF checked in (not me) and they attached my WOH account to his reservation, I got all emails for Express CHeck-Out, Survey, Folio (which was printed in my name & home address)
Compensation: 16K Points (from the hotel directly = 2 nights at that Hyatt Place) + another 16k from Hyatt Corporate 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:04:04 PM by chff »

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 06, 2019, 01:25:28 PM »
Curious if anyone else may have made this mistake.

I recently attempted this promotion from Best Western:
https://onemileatatime.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Best-Western-Promo.png

Based on the language in the subheading where it says "complete 2 eligible stays...at a Best Western branded hotel...", I assumed that to mean "ANY" BW hotel, but in the T&C it says "SAME" hotel. I've done similar IHG and Wyndham promos where you stay 2 separate nights, but it could be at different properties. Rookie mistake for not closely reading the T&C I know, but am I crazy for assuming I could stay at two different BW properties to meet the promo?

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 08, 2019, 01:32:40 PM »
Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa
Status at time of incident: Diamond
Incident: Overall an old and slightly run-down hotel, funny smell in the lobby, and an old and run-down suite with moisture stains on the bathroom ceiling, a crumpled lampshade, and a painting half-covered by the TV.
Compensation: Refunded my stay (20k points for a 1 night stay). Submitted a request online and they responded and credited the points within the hour.

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt Centric the Loop (Chicago)
Status at time of incident: Discoverist
Incident: Noise from a toddler in room next door, could hear lots of crying, banging on wall etc.
Compensation: Offered 50% refund on 1 night or free breakfast for 2 (took the $). Also upgraded us to suite for following night (I wasn't aware they were going to do that until they brought me to the new room and I walked in).

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz PC, National EE
« Reply #686 on: May 30, 2019, 12:20:47 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt Centric the Loop (Chicago)
Status at time of incident: Discoverist
Incident: Noise from a toddler in room next door, could hear lots of crying, banging on wall etc.
Compensation: Offered 50% refund on 1 night or free breakfast for 2 (took the $). Also upgraded us to suite for following night (I wasn't aware they were going to do that until they brought me to the new room and I walked in).
Was it your toddler?  :D
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 30, 2019, 12:28:05 PM »
Was it your toddler?  :D
My toddler was at home so we would have a relaxing weekend. Needless to say, we were not pleased that the walls weren't thick enough to block out the sound.

Honesty, had they just offered the suite upgrade without cash, I would have taken it. I get that there's an element out of their control here, but a 4* hotel should have soundproofing.

The other Hyatt I made a noise complaint about a couple years ago (Regency Baltimore), the noise was from the hotel bar, and specifically had requested a quiet room at check in. In that case, I absolutely blamed the hotel, and they gave a free night plus breakfast.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 13, 2019, 09:13:34 AM »
Just got 75k from HH for a horrible booking experience 😂

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile