Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205402 times)

Offline upside down

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2015, 02:40:33 PM »
Is the way to go about a compensation request for issues I had at my hotel by going to the front desk at checkout and they will offer me a compensation or ignore the front desk and call Spg ?

Offline bb1836

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2015, 12:38:04 AM »
stayed in the aloft BWI hotel for 7000 spg points. booked the room a month in advance with specific instructions to have a crib in the room. when i got to there they didn't have any cribs. they finally managed to borrow one from the hilton next door and came knocking on my room at 3 am. crazy night. no use going into details. called. complained. received 7500 points compensation (500 from a diff rep). done!

quote from email:

"We would like to make it right by compensating you for issues you addressed with Starwood.  I noticed you are a Starwood Business Member, and we value your loyalty and would like to make this right. I will be giving you  7000 SPG points. " 

Thanks,

Claire Almonte
Front Office Supervisor
Aloft Baltimore Washington International Airport, 1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum, Maryland 21090

Question: how can i be a starwood business member if the only card i have is the SPG non-business card?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:42:42 AM by bb1836 »
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline bb1836

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2015, 12:38:31 AM »
Is the way to go about a compensation request for issues I had at my hotel by going to the front desk at checkout and they will offer me a compensation or ignore the front desk and call Spg ?
that
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #343 on: April 28, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
What should I ask for here, my recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Beijing. 4 nights.

(1) Guest of Honor booking - didn't receive any benefits except for lounge. (i.e. no room upgrade, nightly refresh, etc).
(2) Broken toilet in first room.
(3) Whenever we needed something we had to ask for it at least 3 times.
(4) When we had a engineer come up we had to use google translate as he had NO knowledge of basic english.

They offered 6,000 points but I want to counter back with something else. suggestions?

Ps. Don't get me wrong, the hotel was great and amazing. The service, not so much so.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:43:02 PM by chucksterace »
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 28, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »
What should I ask for here, my recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Beijing.

(1) Guest of Honor booking - didn't receive any benefits except for lounge. (i.e. no room upgrade, nightly refresh, etc).
(2) Broken toilet in first room.
(3) Whenever we needed something we had to ask for it at least 3 times.
(4) When we had a engineer come up we had to use google translate as he had NO knowledge of basic english.

They offered 6,000 points but I want to counter back with something else. suggestions?

Ps. Don't get me wrong, the hotel was great and amazing. The service, not so much so.
I can't imagine much more than 6k. I had issues in Tokyo at the HR with the language issue as well, was really not fun.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Great_success

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 29, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
We stayed in INTERCONTINENTAL LOS ANGELES CENTURY CITY hotel in January 2015 and here is our story.
 When we got there the stuff made us feel like we are in East Jerusalem. I was surprised with such a heavy presences of our cosines. When valet guy was taking our luggage form the car to the room he drop our bag and broke wine glasses but there was no mazal tov, he did not even apologize.  We left the place next day hoping to leave the experience behind but Mazal has it, it did not work that way. Bikitzur I left my Borsalino Hat there.
I have been trying to get it back since.
I got in touch with hotel the same day I left it. I was told they have it and they will mail it to me. A month later when I still did not get my package I called them to have it mail to me. The whole month I was trying to get my hat back until Security people at hotel just start ignoring my emails. Manager at the hotel keep referring me back to security stuff. At this point I got in touch with customer care, they got in touch with the hotel and they found and mail me a wrong hat. I give up on hotel and was talking only with manager at customer care. She got on their case and they found my hat (for third time) in their computer (that what she told me in the voice mail). Finally Security people email me requesting the picture of the hat and the receipt of the hat. Five day ago I email them pictures and mention that I do not have a receipt available. I have not heard from them since. I tried to call customer service yesterday, after 15 minutes on hold they drop the call. I have not heard from them since  I am not a gold/platinum/diamond or member of IHG. What can i do to get my Borsalino back????????  Please any aitzas?
What ever I have been doing until now is to no avail.  Please good people of  DDF , the gold/platinum/diamond members can you pleaseeee ask  INTERCONTINENTAL to return my black Barsalino hat ?!!!?!!! The case number is "lost and found item #64554167"
INTERCONTINENTAL LOS ANGELES CENTURY CITY
2151 Avenue of the Stars,
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Tel:   310 284 6500
Fax:  310 712-6930

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 29, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
We stayed in INTERCONTINENTAL LOS ANGELES CENTURY CITY hotel in January 2015 and here is our story.
 When we got there the stuff made us feel like we are in East Jerusalem. I was surprised with such a heavy presences of our cosines. When valet guy was taking our luggage form the car to the room he drop our bag and broke wine glasses but there was no mazal tov, he did not even apologize.  We left the place next day hoping to leave the experience behind but Mazal has it, it did not work that way. Bikitzur I left my Borsalino Hat there.
I have been trying to get it back since.
I got in touch with hotel the same day I left it. I was told they have it and they will mail it to me. A month later when I still did not get my package I called them to have it mail to me. The whole month I was trying to get my hat back until Security people at hotel just start ignoring my emails. Manager at the hotel keep referring me back to security stuff. At this point I got in touch with customer care, they got in touch with the hotel and they found and mail me a wrong hat. I give up on hotel and was talking only with manager at customer care. She got on their case and they found my hat (for third time) in their computer (that what she told me in the voice mail). Finally Security people email me requesting the picture of the hat and the receipt of the hat. Five day ago I email them pictures and mention that I do not have a receipt available. I have not heard from them since. I tried to call customer service yesterday, after 15 minutes on hold they drop the call. I have not heard from them since  I am not a gold/platinum/diamond or member of IHG. What can i do to get my Borsalino back????????  Please any aitzas?
What ever I have been doing until now is to no avail.  Please good people of  DDF , the gold/platinum/diamond members can you pleaseeee ask  INTERCONTINENTAL to return my black Barsalino hat ?!!!?!!! The case number is "lost and found item #64554167"
INTERCONTINENTAL LOS ANGELES CENTURY CITY
2151 Avenue of the Stars,
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Tel:   310 284 6500
Fax:  310 712-6930

Do you know anyone who lives nearby? I would have them stop by and talk to the manager and look at the hats in their lost and found.

Offline Great_success

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 29, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
I do know some one. The thing is I feel their time is more chashuv or in this matter they are too chashuv and I am not sure they will want to go there. Besides I do not think the stuff will let random people to look for lost and found items. Or rather I hope that random people can not just walk in and request lost and found item. I have friend in Baltimore form LA, they might ask some one. the questions is will it really help to get the hat? How many black borsalino hat is there in the lost and found???

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
when people complain, do they write an email to the hotel? or call up the parent company (I.e. SPG) ?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »
when people complain, do they write an email to the hotel? or call up the parent company (I.e. SPG) ?
Usually go directly to the parent and they will relay your complaint on.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »

depends how cooperative the hotel manager is...

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2015, 10:36:16 PM »
depends how cooperative the hotel manager is...
+1
I have usually been successful when showing the property manager good will, by giving him the chance to rectify it on his own. IINM it's like somewhat of a black mark when you "tattle" on the hotel to the parent company.

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2015, 01:18:30 AM »
Hmmm just had two incidents, one in a Hyatt where the water was turned off for a few hrs with no prior warning (they claimed they tried reaching out to all the guests) it eventually went back on but caused me to have to wait around for a while & then rush to shower since the hotel refused to extend past the initial 2:00pm late checkout they granted. I'm thinking of going straight to Hyatt about that since I didn't find the hotel accommodating, though since I don't speak to the manager I'm not sure if I should give him a chance..
I stayed in a marriott for 4 nights & the room service did not do a good job cleaning the rooms (wife was grossed out by the hairs on the floor that were never removed even after I made a point in telling room service) addionally, I had a series of bites on my feet & since I kept getting more I decided to inform the hotel when I left Just in case it was indeed bedbugs. They immediately had corporate reach out to me & advised me not to bring my luggage into my house until they had an exterminator treat the room. About a week later they gave me the all clear that there were no bedbugs. When I asked about compensation for the ordeal (& the lack of clenseasness) she said she will reach out to the hotel. It's been a week & still haven't heard from her(left a few messages) so thinking of reaching out to corporate (different dept) as well..

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2015, 01:35:14 AM »
I do know some one. The thing is I feel their time is more chashuv or in this matter they are too chashuv and I am not sure they will want to go there. Besides I do not think the stuff will let random people to look for lost and found items. Or rather I hope that random people can not just walk in and request lost and found item. I have friend in Baltimore form LA, they might ask some one. the questions is will it really help to get the hat? How many black borsalino hat is there in the lost and found???
Did you ever get back your hat?  If not, I know someone who can help.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2015, 02:38:11 AM »
Hmmm just had two incidents, one in a Hyatt where the water was turned off for a few hrs with no prior warning (they claimed they tried reaching out to all the guests) it eventually went back on but caused me to have to wait around for a while & then rush to shower since the hotel refused to extend past the initial 2:00pm late checkout they granted. I'm thinking of going straight to Hyatt about that since I didn't find the hotel accommodating, though since I don't speak to the manager I'm not sure if I should give him a chance..
I stayed in a marriott for 4 nights & the room service did not do a good job cleaning the rooms (wife was grossed out by the hairs on the floor that were never removed even after I made a point in telling room service) addionally, I had a series of bites on my feet & since I kept getting more I decided to inform the hotel when I left Just in case it was indeed bedbugs. They immediately had corporate reach out to me & advised me not to bring my luggage into my house until they had an exterminator treat the room. About a week later they gave me the all clear that there were no bedbugs. When I asked about compensation for the ordeal (& the lack of clenseasness) she said she will reach out to the hotel. It's been a week & still haven't heard from her(left a few messages) so thinking of reaching out to corporate (different dept) as well..
For the Hyatt I would first try reaching out to the manager (General Manager of the property). Marriott I would go with corporate,  it seems they are already involved anyway.

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
Thanks

Offline blue eyes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
Stayed in the Sheraton. They were extremely nice in upgrading to a suite with club lounge access. Early check in- late check out. They even sent up complimentary fruits & beer with a note in honor of our anniversary.
The TV screen was kinda cracking. Maybe it just needed a wire adjusted or maybe the TV was really in its final stages. Either way I let the front desk know at check out. They said engineering would check it out.
Should  peruse and try to get points returned?

Offline dealfinder85

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »
Stayed in the Sheraton. They were extremely nice in upgrading to a suite with club lounge access. Early check in- late check out. They even sent up complimentary fruits & beer with a note in honor of our anniversary.
The TV screen was kinda cracking. Maybe it just needed a wire adjusted or maybe the TV was really in its final stages. Either way I let the front desk know at check out. They said engineering would check it out.
oy vey

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »
Doesn't sound like any real issue here.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2015, 04:09:41 AM »

omg.

Stop behaving like an entitled prick.