Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205372 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 03, 2015, 04:49:23 AM »
Stayed in the Sheraton. They were extremely nice in upgrading to a suite with club lounge access. Early check in- late check out. They even sent up complimentary fruits & beer with a note in honor of our anniversary.
The TV screen was kinda cracking. Maybe it just needed a wire adjusted or maybe the TV was really in its final stages. Either way I let the front desk know at check out. They said engineering would check it out.
Should  peruse and try to get points returned?
Seriously? They went out of their way to upgrade you, gave you really check in, late check out, and gave you a gift. And you try to get points back for the tv which you didn't tell them about until you checked out?
If it really bothered you, why not call down when you noticed the issue.
This thread amazes me

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 05, 2015, 12:57:07 AM »
Doesn't sound like any real issue here.
+1
This is why things get killed. You stayed, you were upgraded, they were nice to you, what exactly is your complaint? I've been on the receiving end of terrible hotel customer service more than once. This ain't it.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 05, 2015, 02:56:51 AM »
I will be Dan Lekaf Zechus that the OP used points to upgrade and he want those points back..
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 05, 2015, 03:28:14 AM »
I will be Dan Lekaf Zechus that the OP used points to upgrade and he want those points back..
I would love to agree with you, however he clearly writes:
Stayed in the Sheraton.They were extremely nice in upgrading to a suite with club lounge access. Early check in- late check out. They even sent up complimentary fruits & beer with a note in honor of our anniversary.
The TV screen was kinda cracking. Maybe it just needed a wire adjusted or maybe the TV was really in its final stages. Either way I let the front desk know at check out. They said engineering would check it out.

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 05, 2015, 09:18:18 AM »
Dose the property know that there was a complaint and points where refunded by a CS agent?

Offline Jm1248

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 05, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »
Dose the property know that there was a complaint and points where refunded by a CS agent?
I'm sure the property hears there was a complaint. In relevance to what? Sounds like you are asking about double dipping

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 05, 2015, 11:26:59 AM »
I'm sure the property hears there was a complaint. In relevance to what? Sounds like you are asking about double dipping
no in regards to up thread discussion on getting competition.

Stayed in the Sheraton. They were extremely nice in upgrading to a suite with club lounge access. Early check in- late check out. They even sent up complimentary fruits & beer with a note in honor of our anniversary.

Offline blue eyes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 06, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »
I did pay more points for an upgraded room. I'm not trying to sound entitled or anything. I feel that when complaining about customer service, it reflects badly on the property in a way that a technical error doesn't.
I was asking primarily because I want to know if SPG returns points, does the property get charge-backed or does it come out of a courtesy adjustments/customer relations account. Since we did have a great stay, I wouldn't want the property to have to pay for it.

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 07, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »
Turns out the Hyatt I stayed in doesn't currently have a general manager (probably a correlation between that and the poorley executed water issue) guess i will take it to Hyatt customer care.

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 07, 2015, 12:48:13 PM »
Turns out the Hyatt I stayed in doesn't currently have a general manager (probably a correlation between that and the poorley executed water issue) guess i will take it to Hyatt customer care.
Which Hyatt?

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 07, 2015, 12:59:53 PM »

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 07, 2015, 11:16:34 PM »
Spoke to Hyatt & they put me on hold & spoke to the front desk & said they claimed it was only for an hr (it was longer) & that since it was close to checkout time & was unscheduled they will not compensate in any way..

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #372 on: July 07, 2015, 11:23:39 PM »

Spoke to Hyatt & they put me on hold & spoke to the front desk & said they claimed it was only for an hr (it was longer) & that since it was close to checkout time & was unscheduled they will not compensate in any way..

HUCA. Tell them it was inconvenient and you couldn't shower and enjoy, which is part of the hotel experience.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 07, 2015, 11:33:37 PM »
HUCA. Tell them it was inconvenient and you couldn't shower and enjoy, which is part of the hotel experience.
+1
Especially if that's their attitude.... They should have at least offered an apology.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 07, 2015, 11:36:20 PM »
I did pay more points for an upgraded room. I'm not trying to sound entitled or anything. I feel that when complaining about customer service, it reflects badly on the property in a way that a technical error doesn't.
I was asking primarily because I want to know if SPG returns points, does the property get charge-backed or does it come out of a courtesy adjustments/customer relations account. Since we did have a great stay, I wouldn't want the property to have to pay for it.
I stand corrected. I thought it was a free upgrade. With regard to your other question, IME if they feel that the property is at fault, they will deduct it from them. If they feel that the property didn't really do anything wrong, and they just want to shut you up - they will throw a few bonus points your way as a courtesy.

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2015, 11:58:13 PM »
+1
Especially if that's their attitude.... They should have at least offered an apology.
Was supper annoying caus the first rep was much more understanding & sympathetic but we got disconnected & got stuck with someone else..I did kind of shoot myself in the foot by having my friend book the room for me so that he can earn status through the Hyatt challenge promotion since they said that since the room wasn't in my name they won't offer me points & now that the cats out of the bag The hotel prob will know that,so if I have my friend (or me calling as him) so they will stick to that..

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »
Meanwhile waliea Marriott initially said that they already compensated me for giving then10$ beverage credit that came with the room lol. She then offered me 5k which I told her that was no where near the ball-park i had in mind. I just got an email that They are sending me 20k marriott points- which of course is nothing. Think I'm done with the hotel & on to customer care

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2015, 12:22:36 AM »
Meanwhile waliea Marriott initially said that they already compensated me for giving then10$ beverage credit that came with the room lol. She then offered me 5k which I told her that was no where near the ball-park i had in mind. I just got an email that They are sending me 20k marriott points- which of course is nothing. Think I'm done with the hotel & on to customer care
How much did u pay initially?

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2015, 01:44:13 AM »
How much did u pay initially?
I meant they are sending me 10k

I paid 160k points For 4 nights plus 200$ in fees

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2015, 10:13:07 AM »
I meant they are sending me 10k

I paid 160k points For 4 nights plus 200$ in fees
Ok. I agree with you, that is a pretty lousy compensation. I did find however that marriott in general isn't as generous about giving compensation as SPG. In a scenario where SPG would just refund your points and be done with it... Marriott will try to get away by giving you back 1/3 or 1/2, of the points paid. That was at least IME.