Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205386 times)

Offline wonderlust

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2015, 09:42:46 AM »
General manager from the hotel left me a message saying they added 30k for a total of 40k-considering that it only covers 1 of the 4 nights it still seems kinda low..

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »
General manager from the hotel left me a message saying they added 30k for a total of 40k-considering that it only covers 1 of the 4 nights it still seems kinda low..

This was for the 3 hours of no water? Or something else? For that, one night is perfectly fair.

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »
This was for the 3 hours of no water? Or something else? For that, one night is perfectly fair.

No bed bug scare- was told not to take luggage in to house/hotel until they cleared it with me which took 5 days

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »
No bed bug scare- was told not to take luggage in to house/hotel until they cleared it with me which took 5 days
Even though they should offer you more, they probably won't. I would just take it and  call it a day.

Offline Deals Fan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Spg Platinum, Avis Presidents club, Hertz PC Hyatt Platinum, United Silver
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »
Had issues with upgrading spg platinum or moving my room complained, they gave us 2 free in house massages

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2015, 09:23:32 PM »
Had issues with upgrading spg platinum or moving my room complained, they gave us 2 free in house massages
Who did you complain to? The manager?

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2015, 12:43:43 AM »
Even though they should offer you more, they probably won't. I would just take it and  call it a day.
Last time I had an issue the hotel gave me a runaround was told only thing left was to call the office of mr marriott or s/t like that. His assistant quickly gave me 60k. I still have her email, debating about reaching out to her..

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »
Last time I had an issue the hotel gave me a runaround was told only thing left was to call the office of mr marriott or s/t like that. His assistant quickly gave me 60k. I still have her email, debating about reaching out to her..
Not sure. Do keep in mind that everything is documented quite extensively on their end. You don't want to be documented as the complaining guy.

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2015, 07:27:01 AM »
Booked a Dira in Israel for 3 nights on Expedia, the sheets were dirty , the towel wreaked of smoke & there were stains on the quilt. They didn't change the sheets until the next day & then refused to let me cancel the rest of the reservation (typical Israeli a-hole) Called Saphire to dispute, supervisor said can't dispute since service was rendered but was very sympathetic & offered 60$ I asked for 10k points instead & she gladly gave it. Since total was 177$ & "i value them" at 1.5 it basically covers the stat...I prob should of asked for 17.7k points equal to the stay. I'm sure she would of obliged-oh well..

Frustrating part was that I originally put it on Amex precisely for this reason since it was last minute & didn't know what I was getting into but the place made me switch card since they don't accept Amex..

Offline sammy n

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2015, 07:44:28 AM »
Booked a Dira in Israel for 3 nights on Expedia, the sheets were dirty , the towel wreaked of smoke & there were stains on the quilt. They didn't change the sheets until the next day & then refused to let me cancel the rest of the reservation (typical Israeli a-hole) Called Saphire to dispute, supervisor said can't dispute since service was rendered but was very sympathetic & offered 60$ I asked for 10k points instead & she gladly gave it. Since total was 177$ & "i value them" at 1.5 it basically covers the stat...I prob should of asked for 17.7k points equal to the stay. I'm sure she would of obliged-oh well..

Frustrating part was that I originally put it on Amex precisely for this reason since it was last minute & didn't know what I was getting into but the place made me switch card since they don't accept Amex..
Wow! That sounds pretty crazy!!

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »
Wow! That sounds pretty crazy!!
I have no idea... Expedia wouldn't do sh*t for me & the Arab manager was impossible to deal with.. Chase has super strict rules when it comes to disputing a hotel stay (basically worthless )-it's so crazy how screwed you can get when it comes to hotel stays..

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »
I have no idea... Expedia wouldn't do sh*t for me & the Arab manager was impossible to deal with.. Chase has super strict rules when it comes to disputing a hotel stay (basically worthless )-it's so crazy how screwed you can get when it comes to hotel stays..
Surprised that no one is willing to compensate you easily!

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »
Surprised that no one is willing to compensate you easily!
Will work on Expedia

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2015, 08:26:45 AM »

Did you call expedia as well to complain?

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2015, 08:40:49 AM »

Which place did you book?

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2015, 09:01:19 AM »
Which place did you book?
Levi apt it was actually a great location by davidka & I was supposed to get someone else's apt but that fell thru so booked on the way to the airport I was under the impression it was refundable (like any other hotel booking) but appeantly it wasn't. Furthermore it went up to 80$ a night the last night... I have pics of the sheets and everything..

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2015, 09:02:09 AM »
Amex is pretty tough on hotel stays as well, IME.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »
Levi apt it was actually a great location by davidka & I was supposed to get someone else's apt but that fell thru so booked on the way to the airport I was under the impression it was refundable (like any other hotel booking) but appeantly it wasn't. Furthermore it went up to 80$ a night the last night... I have pics of the sheets and everything..
I don't think Expedia should be that hard to get something out of. HUCA

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »
Idk about expedia but next time book through hotels.com. They'll compensate you in a heartbeat

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 22, 2015, 01:10:59 AM »

Their phone tree is impossible & all u end up with is some useless fillipeno that prob never stayed in a hotel nicer than the one I stayed in.. Sent an email instead- guess will see if they respond..