Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 207353 times)

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #440 on: August 19, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
Nothing that crazy, just overall a poor experience. It was a 4 four star Westin resort, very poor service, overcrowded to the point where I couldn't find a pool chair or go swimming most of the day, and they closed the gym unannounced for the entire duration of my stay, and I'm a big gym guy. So no shockers but I expected way better for the price (more than $200 a night plus fees) and had I known any of the above I would've gone somewhere else.

ETA: I'm not a big hotel complainer (as you can see I'm unfamiliar with the process) but I feel this is warranted.
Does the oilam think 15k SPG points is good compensation for this^? Or should I push for more/some sort of refund as well.
ETA: the manager wrote back to me claiming that the gym was closed for only one day of my stay, yet I have a picture of the closure sign clearly stating it will be closed for 3 days, until after I leave. I could use that to my advantage in pressing back. Any advice? Is it best to leave a good settlement alone?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:33:48 AM by Aj3042 »

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 19, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
Doesn't seem like you should have definitely got an upgrade.
I know that.
The story went that I reached out to the hotel manager via email 3-4 weeks before my reservation, and asked for an upgrade. I was told that he notaded my reservation and I should call in his office a few days before check in.
When calling in before check in I was told he's not available to talk to and that they don't see any notes on my account and the hotel is full so I won't get an upgrade. So I emailed and told him what happened, so he says he feels bad he wants to make it up for me and he will next time. and for now he'll take care of parking charges.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2015, 12:19:18 AM »
Any idea how long it takes a hotel to put Starpoints into your account? The manager told me he deposited 15k into my account (over a complaint) but they're not there. Does it take some time?

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2015, 12:20:58 AM »
Any idea how long it takes a hotel to put Starpoints into your account? The manager told me he deposited 15k into my account (over a complaint) but they're not there. Does it take some time?
It could take time

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2015, 12:26:09 AM »
A few days. If it's not there in a week is complain and ask for more ;)
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 20, 2015, 12:28:19 AM »
A few days. If it's not there in a week is complain and ask for more ;)
LOL good idea.

Offline Miracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 23, 2015, 02:16:12 PM »
When I got to the hotel, I went to take a shower. First, there were fruit flies in the bathroom. In addition, I found blond long hair in the bathtub. It was so disgusting! I had to actually clean the bathtub with soap/water and wipe it with a towel. Then the shower handle was extremely hard to turn on, it felt like it was going to break off if I pulled any harder. I packed up my things and spoke to the manager. I told him I wanted to be transferred to another room because of the flies and dirty bathtub. When he gave me a new room, the linen were stained with blood. Both the pillow covers and sheets. Plus, when house keeping came in to clean up the second day, she through all the used towels on the shower floor. I called housekeeping and asked them to change the sheets and replace the towels.  I stayed at the Hyatt for three days/two nights and it was very uncomfortable and un-hygienic. I've seen articles about how dirty hotel rooms were if brought under a UV lights, but all this uncleanliness was seen with the naked eye.

I emailed Hyatt and they gave me 20k. I feel this compensation wasn't so good, because 20k covers one nights' stay. I replied back telling them at the very least they should have refunded me 2 free nights, in addition to extra stays for the awful experience. 

What do you think I should do? Leave it at 20k or contact someone else?

thanks

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 23, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
When I got to the hotel, I went to take a shower. First, there were fruit flies in the bathroom. In addition, I found blond long hair in the bathtub. It was so disgusting! I had to actually clean the bathtub with soap/water and wipe it with a towel. Then the shower handle was extremely hard to turn on, it felt like it was going to break off if I pulled any harder. I packed up my things and spoke to the manager. I told him I wanted to be transferred to another room because of the flies and dirty bathtub. When he gave me a new room, the linen were stained with blood. Both the pillow covers and sheets. Plus, when house keeping came in to clean up the second day, she through all the used towels on the shower floor. I called housekeeping and asked them to change the sheets and replace the towels.  I stayed at the Hyatt for three days/two nights and it was very uncomfortable and un-hygienic. I've seen articles about how dirty hotel rooms were if brought under a UV lights, but all this uncleanliness was seen with the naked eye.

I emailed Hyatt and they gave me 20k. I feel this compensation wasn't so good, because 20k covers one nights' stay. I replied back telling them at the very least they should have refunded me 2 free nights, in addition to extra stays for the awful experience. 

What do you think I should do? Leave it at 20k or contact someone else?

thanks
Curiosity: location?
Hyatt gave me last time I complained 50% which seems consistent with yours.

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 23, 2015, 02:24:51 PM »
Curiosity: location?
Hyatt gave me last time I complained 50% which seems consistent with yours.
Grand Hyatt NYC

Offline Jacobos

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 25, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
Stayed at a 5 star hotel for two nights the second night the TV broke and had a technician come and go in my room for like a half hour then couldn't fix it we had to change rooms do u think that calls for some type of compensation and if yes how do I go about it?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
Stayed at a 5 star hotel for two nights the second night the TV broke and had a technician come and go in my room for like a half hour then couldn't fix it we had to change rooms do u think that calls for some type of compensation and if yes how do I go about it?
You can try reaching out to the hotel or corporate office.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2015, 11:25:22 AM »
Email the manager.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2015, 11:32:41 AM »
The department that does it I is back logged a few weeks now, should be about a 2-3 week wait time.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »
The department that does it I is back logged a few weeks now, should be about a 2-3 week wait time.
Mine got deposited like a day or 2 after I posted that. I guess people rush things for me. :)

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
Mine got deposited like a day or 2 after I posted that. I guess people rush things for me. :)
Or more likely the manager I was dealing with lied >:(

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »
Or more likely the manager I was dealing with lied >:(
Yep that makes more sense.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »
Yep that makes more sense.
It isn't his first lie to me.

Offline keepsmiling123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, SPG, MR, UA
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2015, 06:38:59 PM »
Hotel: Westin Maui
Complaint: Unpleasant smell
Compensation 6K SPG

Hotel: Sheraton Kona
Complaint: grimy shower chair, sewage smell, hospitality room wasn't cleaned prior to use
Compensation: 10K SPG

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
How long does Hilton honors usually take to respond to a complaint ? They emailed me that they received my complaint, and will contact hotel etc. to work on it, but no response for 3 weeks already.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2015, 01:52:14 PM »
How long does Hilton honors usually take to respond to a complaint ? They emailed me that they received my complaint, and will contact hotel etc. to work on it, but no response for 3 weeks already.
Possible you missed the email? Usually a week or so.
Quaerite et Invenietis.