Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205389 times)

Offline AROCKS1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #540 on: May 31, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »
BUMP  spg not helping me in the matter. anyone have a special email address for higher ups in spg?

When I was having difficulty with comp I was initially sent in circles when trying to get a hold of a "higher authority", but after a few more HUCAs I eventually got a hold of a bonafied customer support supervisor who apologized for the minions (basic reps) failings, fillied an official complaint against those reps and the hotel, and gave me a few thousand points comp.
In short, I don't have a number for you, but I would just making a few calls and making sure you always ask for a supervisor.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 01, 2016, 11:30:25 AM »
BUMP  spg not helping me in the matter. anyone have a special email address for higher ups in spg?
Dod you first reach out to the hotel? What was there response?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 08, 2016, 07:05:58 PM »
7k refunded from my stay at the Westin Southfield (Detroit)
The elevators were taking 5-15 minutes to show up consistently. It was a much bigger deal than it sounds. And yes all the businessman were pissed.

Offline tired

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 17, 2016, 10:57:41 AM »
was at Sheraton Detroit airport hotel last week and got bitten by bedbugs.
they refunded my 4000 points and will pay for my luggage and dry cleaning. (will reimburse my loss-but add nothing additional unless i visit the property again. maybe free nights food etc.)
refused my request for 100,000 points.
any input?

Offline 3yummyboys

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 17, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
was at Sheraton Detroit airport hotel last week and got bitten by bedbugs.
they refunded my 4000 points and will pay for my luggage and dry cleaning. (will reimburse my loss-but add nothing additional unless i visit the property again. maybe free nights food etc.)
any input?

Try some higher ups

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 17, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »
100k is quite a request

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 17, 2016, 01:53:04 PM »
100k is quite a request

Aim for the sky

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 03, 2016, 07:08:46 PM »
(Sorry so long)

Can anyone help me word a letter? I'm a new Hyatt member and booked a stay using points. Somehow my fridge got locked and I couldn't open it. I called the front desk and she said she'll try to unlock it remotely but if after a few minutes she's unsuccessful, she'll send someone up. 1/2 hour later I called again and was told someone is coming up right away. 20 minutes later I called again and was told the same thing. After an hour and 15 minutes I stormed down there and asked the front desk what was going on. I have never even heard of a fridge getting locked. Like why would there even be such a mechanism?! She said she's going to call while I'm there and have her colleague go up right away. I left and waited in my room. After another 1/2 hour a man came up and opened the fridge as if nothing was wrong. (I was checking it every 5 minutes to see if it was unlocked yet).
Before I came, I had emailed the gm to let him know it's my anniversary and I requested an upgrade if possible. He emailed me back saying he will make sure my stay is as pleasant as possible. Instead of an upgrade, we got a tray with some pastries, fruit, water, and a small bottle of wine. I also got a card from the gm with a personal note and his business card

My question- how can I write him an email and try and get back at least some of my points because of the fridge fiasco? Is this too much to ask? Am I just supposed to express my anger and hope for the best? Am I supposed to call Hyatt directly??
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 04, 2016, 09:29:33 AM »
I'm currently staying at the Hyatt in Newport, and last night I discovered a lot of ants in the corner of my room. That happened to be the corner where I had my six-month-old in her pack-and-play, so they were in there too, but BH not on my daughter. I immediately took a video and showed the front desk. The staff seemed to be genuinely disgusted, but said that they had full occupancy, and the best that they could do was send up housekeeping. A friendly maid did arrive right away and vacuum the affected area, but that woke up my wife and daughter, who we are sleep training. We eventually got her back to sleep after several minutes, but I woke up several times throughout the night to check on her, and I'm sure that today she will be off schedule and very difficult.

On the other hand, almost everything else in the hotel was very good and the staff was very helpful (one event went to a local supermarket and bought a bunch of kosher food since they don't offer kosher breakfast) so I don't want to be greedy.

I booked using P+C under a diamond account.

What's a fair compensation?

EDIT: received 32,500 points.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:22:45 AM by Agoldsc1 »

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 04, 2016, 02:07:45 PM »
Stayed at PH NYC using a free night. When I checked in, I was given a room that was already occupied.

Is it worth asking for compensation?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Jimgotkp

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 04, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »
Stayed at PH NYC using a free night. When I checked in, I was given a room that was already occupied.

I would. At a PH, especially the PH NYC where they charge an arm and a leg the service better be damn good. Checking a guest into an already occupied room at that type of hotel is unacceptable.

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 04, 2016, 02:40:42 PM »

Did you cuddle?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 04, 2016, 04:14:08 PM »
Did you cuddle?
I didn't actually walk into the room. I saw the red light outside was on, and I thought I heard people inside, so I went back to reception to make sure they gave me the correct room
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 04, 2016, 04:15:39 PM »

Lol.

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 17, 2016, 12:08:32 AM »
Here is the story my friend had 2 weeks ago, if anybody can help me out.

Booked 2 flights in J.

1. TLV-ZRH. Paid cash
2. ZRH - NYC. Aeroplan miles

For 3 passengers, 2 adults and 1 baby.

Arrived at the airport on-time for the TLV-ZRH flight with LX. He said that he has 2 separate tickets and they should check him through to NYC. For whatever reason which I still don't know, they said that the baby ticket is not processed in the system correctly, so they have to call a supervisor, supervisor wasn't able to do anything, said that the TLV-ZRH flight is not the issue, it's the ZRH-NYC flight which is the issue, so my friend said ok, so let me up on the TLV-ZRH flight, I'll take care of the NYC flight later. No go. They did not let him board the flight. 

They eventually rerouted him through Germany 5 hours later, and he arrived home 24 hours after arriving to the airport. I think that this is called involuntary denied boarding because they agreed that his TLV-ZRH ticket was perfect.  What do you guys say? Should he fight it by EU law or Israeli law? Anybody with experience please chime in.

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 17, 2016, 12:34:34 AM »
Here is the story my friend had 2 weeks ago, if anybody can help me out.

Booked 2 flights in J.

1. TLV-ZRH. Paid cash
2. ZRH - NYC. Aeroplan miles

For 3 passengers, 2 adults and 1 baby.

Arrived at the airport on-time for the TLV-ZRH flight with LX. He said that he has 2 separate tickets and they should check him through to NYC. For whatever reason which I still don't know, they said that the baby ticket is not processed in the system correctly, so they have to call a supervisor, supervisor wasn't able to do anything, said that the TLV-ZRH flight is not the issue, it's the ZRH-NYC flight which is the issue, so my friend said ok, so let me up on the TLV-ZRH flight, I'll take care of the NYC flight later. No go. They did not let him board the flight. 

They eventually rerouted him through Germany 5 hours later, and he arrived home 24 hours after arriving to the airport. I think that this is called involuntary denied boarding because they agreed that his TLV-ZRH ticket was perfect.  What do you guys say? Should he fight it by EU law or Israeli law? Anybody with experience please chime in.
I believe you posted this in the wrong thread

Offline sag95

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 18, 2016, 08:12:53 PM »
I stayed at the Park Hyatt NYC, and they gave me a deluxe room. When I got there, there was a room service meal left over from the person before. They switched me to a suite with a "view" of Central Park. Should I have asked for more? Should I still ask for more?

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 18, 2016, 11:13:39 PM »
I stayed at the Park Hyatt NYC, and they gave me a deluxe room. When I got there, there was a room service meal left over from the person before. They switched me to a suite with a "view" of Central Park. Should I have asked for more? Should I still ask for more?
Didn't the hotel solve your problem by switching you to the suite ?!
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline sag95

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:57 PM »
Didn't the hotel solve your problem by switching you to the suite ?!
Yes, they pretty much did (although it did cause a delay in my plans for the day). I was just wondering if the standard compensation for such a thing  from such a hotel is more than that.

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »
Not sure if this is the right thread.
Booked a SPG night with points. When I got to the hotel I was told that I had an additional res for $ as well and it was to late to cancel so I will be charged. I don't remember making that res.  So I called the corp # and they said there was a phone res on my account that I never canceled but they will ask the hotel to cancel the fee.
Bottom line the hotel doesn't want to cancel fee so I disputed the charge with AMEX saying that they have to prove I made that res, what are the chances they can pull up the phone call, if in fact there was one?

TIA

Open to other options as well if anyone has any good ideas.
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.