Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205319 times)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #660 on: December 31, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »
Chain: Marriott (category 7)
Year of incident: 2018
Status at time of incident: Gold
Incident: Could hear everything in neighboring room and could not sleep, including things I shouldnt have heard. Were given earplugs but not an alternate room.
Compensation: 30k points (50%)

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 31, 2018, 05:24:09 PM »
Chain: Marriott (category 7)
Year of incident: 2018
Status at time of incident: Gold
Incident: Could hear everything in neighboring room and could not sleep, including things I shouldnt have heard. Were given earplugs but not an alternate room.
Compensation: 30k points (50%)

Which hotel ? What did you hear ?
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #662 on: December 31, 2018, 06:09:44 PM »
Which hotel ? What did you hear ?
So you want to hear it too?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline EJB

• View Profile
Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #663 on: December 31, 2018, 07:30:55 PM »

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 02, 2019, 08:05:44 AM »
So you want to hear it too?
I can give him the room number if interested

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #665 on: January 02, 2019, 08:17:28 AM »
I can give him the room number if interested
sounds like he is

Online S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #666 on: January 06, 2019, 11:01:29 PM »
sounds like he is
Na looks like he opted for a nude beach instead
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 15, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »
Had some issues with a (Points and money) stay at a Marriott hotel, so the Manager gave me back most of my points plus refunded me the $$ I paid. I noticed that on Marriot I didn't recieve any nights credits for that stay, is that because the $$ was refunded? (not al the points)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 15, 2019, 11:21:30 PM »
Had some issues with a (Points and money) stay at a Marriott hotel, so the Manager gave me back most of my points plus refunded me the $$ I paid. I noticed that on Marriot I didn't recieve any nights credits for that stay, is that because the $$ was refunded? (not al the points)
More likely because of IT issues. It may take you a few months and chasing reps until it gets credited.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 16, 2019, 07:40:10 AM »
Ask them for your folio and submit a missing night request.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 16, 2019, 09:48:50 AM »
Ask them for your folio and submit a missing night request.
I can't submit with out a bill, and the bill only shows the charge and then the refund, so not sure if it will work, and the reservation was for 5 days, but the bill is only for 2, because they put me up in another hotel for the first 3 days because they were sold out...

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 16, 2019, 09:57:28 AM »
This is getting exciting.

You can submit it, even  with the bill showing a refund. The easiest way to get this done is to go back and ask the hotel management to credit the nights. It's not your fault they messed up. If they wont do it then submit a request to the missing nights dept. You can also ask the 2nd hotel for a folio, even if it shows no charge.

What hotel was this?

How was the booking made [points/cash/ota]?

Break down of charges?

How much were you compensated?

What is your status ?

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 16, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »
This is getting exciting.

You can submit it, even  with the bill showing a refund. The easiest way to get this done is to go back and ask the hotel management to credit the nights. It's not your fault they messed up. If they wont do it then submit a request to the missing nights dept. You can also ask the 2nd hotel for a folio, even if it shows no charge.

What hotel was this?

How was the booking made [points/cash/ota]?

Break down of charges?

How much were you compensated?

What is your status ?
Long story.....
I had booked/paid 5 nights (100K points and $$) at hotel (small island with a few other options). Upon arrival they were sold out. Manager went above and beyond to apologize and accommodate me. They put me up at a different hotel (a star less and not nearly as nice or ammenities) 3 days at their cost, tried to offer me paid dinner at any restaurant and tried to offer me booze and whatever they could to make it right. Manager himself went with me to the other hotel to make sure I was happy etc. I didn't ask for anything because When I see someone really feel bad and try to do the right thing, I understand that it happens.  Upon departure manager told me that not only they not charging me for the 3 nights he will refund me 80K points.
After leaving hotel I noticed they charged me for the full amount, I emailed the manager, who apologized and told me that enough is enough and Im refunding you the full amount.
Im a Plat member, didn't get any bill other then the one that shows full charge but only 2 day stay (and refund)

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 16, 2019, 11:02:04 AM »
If your plat you should get more as a right, read Marriott's ultimate reservation  guarantee T&C.

I asked specific questions so that an accurate answer can be given.

Name of hotel?

Rate. Dollar/points?

Hotel put up in?

Amount reimbursed as of now?

Being nice is not an accuse for overbooking.
I'm guessing he only had to gain by being nice, what's his other option.

There are rules in place and shall be followed.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:08:13 AM by KSMH »

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 16, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »
If your plat you should get more as a right, read Marriott ultimate reservation  guarantee T&C.

I asked specific questions to that an accurate answer can be given.

Name of hotel? French leave Resort (Bahamas)

Rate. Dollar/points?  $1075 + 100K points

Hotel put up in? La Bougainvillea (although they have good reviews, but the hotel is crap compared to the French Leave. )

Amount reimbursed as of now? (charged $1003.52 initially then charged $582 for the 2 nights, returned the 582, when when I called they returned the whole $1003) The 80K points was returned because pool wasn't operational)

Being nice is not an accuse for overbooking.
I'm guessing he only had to gain by being nice, what's his other option.  He wasn't just nice he was above and beyond.

There are rules in place and shall be followed.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #675 on: January 16, 2019, 12:32:09 PM »
As a right you deserve  $200 USD   +   90,000 points  and being put up in "comparable accommodation nearby".

The hotel you were put up in is not comparable (prices run on AVG 200 cheaper), so guess 200 x 3= 600.

Being reimbursed for a pool not working makes sense at a resort ( say 25K-100K points).

That's how I would do my calculations.

So saying you got full 1K usd reimbursed would make the difference for points not being credited.....

I personally would try getting more points though (I believe hotels pay Marriott somewhere around .50 per points). 

Nights should still be credited. Get all paperwork and submit the request to Marriotts missing nights if not resolved at the hotel management level.

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 16, 2019, 12:34:12 PM »
As a right you deserve  $200 USD   +   90,000 points  and being put up in "comparable accommodation nearby".

The hotel you were put up in is not comparable (prices run on AVG 200 cheaper), so guess 200 x 3= 600.

Being reimbursed for a pool not working makes sense at a resort ( say 25K-100K points).

That's how I would do my calculations.

So saying you got full 1K usd reimbursed would make the difference for points not being credited.....

I personally would try getting more points though (I believe hotels pay Marriott somewhere around .50 per points). 

Nights should still be credited. Get all paperwork and submit the request to Marriotts missing nights if not resolved at the hotel management level.
Wow TY

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 20, 2019, 11:57:16 AM »
Conrad didn’t have Kosher breakfast so they gave me 11000 points instead.

Offline jbr100

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
Hi-
I am trying to figure out how to handle the following situation. 
Several months ago, I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Westin Playa Conchal for Presidents Weekend at the conclusion of a weeklong trip to Costa Rica for my family of 5.  At the end of December, the reservations disappeared from my profile on the website though my points were not returned. I called Marriott and the agent at first said she didn't see the reservations in one system but after searching some more, she found the reservations in a second system and said not to worry- all good with the reservation.  (given the merging reservation systems, I figured all was good)
A week before I was scheduled to leave for Costa Rica and still not seeing the reservation on the Marriott website, I e-mailed hoping to get written confirmation of my reservations.  Marriott responded that 1 reservation was cancelled and 1 reservation was never valid.
This led to me frantically calling Marriott and trying to get this sorted out.  After numerous hours on the phone, Marriott/Starwood told me the hotel cancelled the reservation for one of my rooms but had 1 reservation.  They did not know why.  And I would have to deal with the hotel on my own.  And the hotel was now sold out for this weekend. This would be my problem to solve.  Marriott was suggesting that I make reservations at a new hotel so that I would have a place to stay.   Marriott said they would open up a case as to what happened but that would take 7-10 days business days to resolve (no- it couldn't be expedited even though this would be after I was already abroad) and they would get back to me with a report and possible compensation.
Thankfully, after some back and forth with the hotel, within 3 days they were able to reinstate both reservations.

I never did hear back from Marriott so I called after I returned and they said they showed my 2 reservations were reinstated so my file/complaint was closed on their end. 
Any compensation for wasting 15 hours of my time and creating a stressful situation (waiting on hold to be connected, trying to deal with agents, transferring to managers, speaking to the hotel directly with language barriers, finding new hotels, making sure to cancel new hotels) would have to be negotiated with the hotel.  They did give me the phone number to Marriott Corporate Headquarters if I wanted to complain.

I have a very bitter taste in my mouth- I made 2 reservations through Marriott/Starwood- and then when there was an issue- they made it my problem to solve.  The whole situation left me very unimpressed with Marriott and Starwood but also very befuddled at the lack of customer service.
Am I missing something here?
Should I be complaining to Marriott Corporate for compensation or just forget it as everything worked out at the end?
Thanks!

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2019, 02:35:23 PM »
Hi-
I am trying to figure out how to handle the following situation. 
Several months ago, I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Westin Playa Conchal for Presidents Weekend at the conclusion of a weeklong trip to Costa Rica for my family of 5.  At the end of December, the reservations disappeared from my profile on the website though my points were not returned. I called Marriott and the agent at first said she didn't see the reservations in one system but after searching some more, she found the reservations in a second system and said not to worry- all good with the reservation.  (given the merging reservation systems, I figured all was good)
A week before I was scheduled to leave for Costa Rica and still not seeing the reservation on the Marriott website, I e-mailed hoping to get written confirmation of my reservations.  Marriott responded that 1 reservation was cancelled and 1 reservation was never valid.
This led to me frantically calling Marriott and trying to get this sorted out.  After numerous hours on the phone, Marriott/Starwood told me the hotel cancelled the reservation for one of my rooms but had 1 reservation.  They did not know why.  And I would have to deal with the hotel on my own.  And the hotel was now sold out for this weekend. This would be my problem to solve.  Marriott was suggesting that I make reservations at a new hotel so that I would have a place to stay.   Marriott said they would open up a case as to what happened but that would take 7-10 days business days to resolve (no- it couldn't be expedited even though this would be after I was already abroad) and they would get back to me with a report and possible compensation.
Thankfully, after some back and forth with the hotel, within 3 days they were able to reinstate both reservations.

I never did hear back from Marriott so I called after I returned and they said they showed my 2 reservations were reinstated so my file/complaint was closed on their end. 
Any compensation for wasting 15 hours of my time and creating a stressful situation (waiting on hold to be connected, trying to deal with agents, transferring to managers, speaking to the hotel directly with language barriers, finding new hotels, making sure to cancel new hotels) would have to be negotiated with the hotel.  They did give me the phone number to Marriott Corporate Headquarters if I wanted to complain.

I have a very bitter taste in my mouth- I made 2 reservations through Marriott/Starwood- and then when there was an issue- they made it my problem to solve.  The whole situation left me very unimpressed with Marriott and Starwood but also very befuddled at the lack of customer service.
Am I missing something here?
Should I be complaining to Marriott Corporate for compensation or just forget it as everything worked out at the end?
Thanks!
It never hurts to try. Nothing to lose, I think you have a very legitimate complaint .
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.