Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205302 times)

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #680 on: March 14, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »
Hmmm so I just saw on my account that yesterday (the same day as the email saying to allow 10 business days) 10k were posted into my account. The "type" is bonus and the description is "Xr The St. Regis Rome". Does this mean that this is all I am getting from my complaint? Should I ask for more? Would this be some sort of bonus unrelated to my complaint?
BTW I just noticed that over 2 months later I received the additional 50k back. I had filled out the form as well as emailed them directly the same day asking outright for 60k back. From the email it seems like they gave me only 10k the same day I sent the email and then 2 months later when they got to the online form submission they gave me another 50k.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 09, 2019, 05:17:12 PM »
Hotel: African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel, Autograph Collection
Year of incident: 2018
Status at time of incident: PPE
Incident: I had a week stay with a Marriott 7 night cert. Hotel had scheduled construction for public areas.  They sent out an email stating construction will not start before 1030am. On 5/7 days there was noise from 7am+. The hotel repeatedly said "TOMORROW NO NOISE". They admitted fault saying that the construction company wants to be on schedule. They are now asking me what sort of compensation I want, in terms of points (I rejected a future stay). This is a CAT 4 hotel.
Compensation: What should I accept and ask for?
Hotel: African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel, Autograph Collection
Year of incident: 2018
Status at time of incident: PPE
Incident: I had a week stay with a Marriott 7 night cert. Hotel had scheduled construction for public areas.  They sent out an email stating construction will not start before 1030am. On 5/7 days there was noise from 7am+. The hotel repeatedly said "TOMORROW NO NOISE". They admitted fault saying that the construction company wants to be on schedule. They are now asking me what sort of compensation I want, in terms of points (I rejected a future stay). This is a CAT 4 hotel.
Compensation: What should I accept and ask for?

Update! I finally got 290K points and thats a good return for a 7 night cert. Long story, but was finally deposited yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 05:33:41 PM by KSMH »
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #682 on: April 30, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt Place in upstate NY
Year of incident: 2019
Status at time of incident: Whatever they now call if you have a Hyatt CC
Incident: Some CHFF checked in (not me) and they attached my WOH account to his reservation, I got all emails for Express CHeck-Out, Survey, Folio (which was printed in my name & home address)
Compensation: 16K Points (from the hotel directly = 2 nights at that Hyatt Place) + another 16k from Hyatt Corporate 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:04:04 PM by chff »

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 06, 2019, 01:25:28 PM »
Curious if anyone else may have made this mistake.

I recently attempted this promotion from Best Western:
https://onemileatatime.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Best-Western-Promo.png

Based on the language in the subheading where it says "complete 2 eligible stays...at a Best Western branded hotel...", I assumed that to mean "ANY" BW hotel, but in the T&C it says "SAME" hotel. I've done similar IHG and Wyndham promos where you stay 2 separate nights, but it could be at different properties. Rookie mistake for not closely reading the T&C I know, but am I crazy for assuming I could stay at two different BW properties to meet the promo?

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 08, 2019, 01:32:40 PM »
Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa
Status at time of incident: Diamond
Incident: Overall an old and slightly run-down hotel, funny smell in the lobby, and an old and run-down suite with moisture stains on the bathroom ceiling, a crumpled lampshade, and a painting half-covered by the TV.
Compensation: Refunded my stay (20k points for a 1 night stay). Submitted a request online and they responded and credited the points within the hour.

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt Centric the Loop (Chicago)
Status at time of incident: Discoverist
Incident: Noise from a toddler in room next door, could hear lots of crying, banging on wall etc.
Compensation: Offered 50% refund on 1 night or free breakfast for 2 (took the $). Also upgraded us to suite for following night (I wasn't aware they were going to do that until they brought me to the new room and I walked in).

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 30, 2019, 12:20:47 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt Centric the Loop (Chicago)
Status at time of incident: Discoverist
Incident: Noise from a toddler in room next door, could hear lots of crying, banging on wall etc.
Compensation: Offered 50% refund on 1 night or free breakfast for 2 (took the $). Also upgraded us to suite for following night (I wasn't aware they were going to do that until they brought me to the new room and I walked in).
Was it your toddler?  :D

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 30, 2019, 12:28:05 PM »
Was it your toddler?  :D
My toddler was at home so we would have a relaxing weekend. Needless to say, we were not pleased that the walls weren't thick enough to block out the sound.

Honesty, had they just offered the suite upgrade without cash, I would have taken it. I get that there's an element out of their control here, but a 4* hotel should have soundproofing.

The other Hyatt I made a noise complaint about a couple years ago (Regency Baltimore), the noise was from the hotel bar, and specifically had requested a quiet room at check in. In that case, I absolutely blamed the hotel, and they gave a free night plus breakfast.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 13, 2019, 09:13:34 AM »
Just got 75k from HH for a horrible booking experience 😂

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 13, 2019, 09:35:21 AM »
Just got 75k from HH for a horrible booking experience
Nice!
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2019, 11:47:35 AM »
Hotel: Hyatt House in NJ
Status at time of incident: None
Incident: A/C broke down, no one was available to fix it. They were not able to move me to another room as they were overbooked.
Compensation: Complained at front desk, they offered me 1k points. Then upped to 2. At checkout it was 5k. (standard rate for a night is 8k). I sent email to general manager on Monday she promised to reply by Wednesday. Wednesday came and went, I tried reaching out to manager multiple times and then opened case with Hyatt Guest Services. They awarded me 8k points for manager unresponsiveness and the lengthy time this was dragging out. Finally reached manager next morning, she offered me either 8k points of refund for one night, I took refund. In total it was $210 plus 8k points.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 29, 2019, 09:51:02 PM »
Hotel: W Times Square
Status at time of incident: Gold
Incident: I booked 2 nights at this hotel with the first night being same day as booking, was scheduled to arrive well past midnight. At about 10:30 pm  I received a call from the hotel that there was a glitch in their system and I should not have been able to book for that night as they were at full capacity. So they were cancelling that night for a full refund.
Compensation:  They profusely apologized and gave me 30k points.
Postscript: For various technical reasons it actually worked out better for me to stay that night in Brooklyn so it really was for the best that I was able to get a full no penalty refund which otherwise would not have been an option.

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #692 on: August 30, 2019, 11:16:30 AM »
Im trying to figure out if and how i should ask for compensation. i stayed in a residence in by marriott in albany for four nights on points. On my request we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. But when we got there, the beds were not made and we had to call the front desk to have it made. But the bigger issue was that they gave us a broken pack-n-play (even the hotel staff couldn't open it) and they only found another one (my baby was going crazy because it was way past her bedtime) once I bought a new one from walmart and asked them to reimburse me. the rest of the stay was very pleasant.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 30, 2019, 12:03:14 PM »
Im trying to figure out if and how i should ask for compensation. i stayed in a residence in by marriott in albany for four nights on points. On my request we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. But when we got there, the beds were not made and we had to call the front desk to have it made. But the bigger issue was that they gave us a broken pack-n-play (even the hotel staff couldn't open it) and they only found another one (my baby was going crazy because it was way past her bedtime) once I bought a new one from walmart and asked them to reimburse me. the rest of the stay was very pleasant.

Yes I would call or email and state exactly what happened and politely ask for some sort of compensation.

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #694 on: August 30, 2019, 05:29:59 PM »
Yes I would call or email and state exactly what happened and politely ask for some sort of compensation.
Thank you. I emailed them and they added 5,000 points to my account.  Should i be satisfied with that or haggle for more? (the cost per night was 12.5K points)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:10:08 PM by yungermanchik »

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 01, 2019, 01:54:11 AM »
Thank you. I emailed them and they added 5,000 points to my account.  Should i be satisfied with that or haggle for more? (the cost per night was 12.5K points)

Did they also pay you back for the pack n play you had purchased? If they did I wouldn't push it. If not I would politely suggest that you feel at least 10k is in order in light of the fact that you had to purchase a crib with your own money because their's was damaged and also the beds were unmade which was very unappealing when entering the room for the first time.

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 01, 2019, 10:22:52 AM »
Did they also pay you back for the pack n play you had purchased? If they did I wouldn't push it. If not I would politely suggest that you feel at least 10k is in order in light of the fact that you had to purchase a crib with your own money because their's was damaged and also the beds were unmade which was very unappealing when entering the room for the first time.
no, once i brought the new pack n play to the desk, the receptionist went to the storage room and found another one. he told me to return the new one to walmart the next day, which i did.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 01, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »
no, once i brought the new pack n play to the desk, the receptionist went to the storage room and found another one. he told me to return the new one to walmart the next day, which i did.

So I would try pushing for a higher compensation especially since you had to go through this hassle of buying and returning...  I don't think they will claw back the 5k already given so you have nothing to lose by asking for more.  Worst case they deny it.

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 02, 2019, 07:59:01 PM »
So I would try pushing for a higher compensation especially since you had to go through this hassle of buying and returning...  I don't think they will claw back the 5k already given so you have nothing to lose by asking for more.  Worst case they deny it.
Thank You So Much!! They awarded me another 5000 points =10,000 pts total!

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 04, 2019, 07:43:02 AM »
Stayed at a W cat. 8. Had bugs & a lizard in my room & one morning at 9:30 a worker walked into my room when we were all sleeping.

Emailed manager he offered me 20k comp. Should I push for more?